PDA

View Full Version : Arians: The worst offensive coordinator in Steeler history?

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2008, 08:25 PM
I say no way...not that I'm trying to defend him or anything (I want an upgrade after this season too).

Off the top of my head, I recall the Ray Sherman debacle, a mistake from day one.

Also, there was the Joe Walton train wreck, utterly ruining much of Noll's late tenure.

Finally, there is Kevin Gilbride, who has shown himself to be a competent O.C. with other teams, but when in Pittsburgh, he was even more adament than Bruce about trying to prove that his system would work with players whose skill sets did not match his philosophies.

Discuss.

stlrz d
11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Walton.

Iron Shiek
11-12-2008, 09:11 PM
ugh....I shutter at the mention of the words Ray and Sherman in sequential order.
:HeadBanger

Ozey74
11-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Walton.

Bump.

kennyes
11-13-2008, 04:59 AM
ugh....I shutter at the mention of the words Ray and Sherman in sequential order.

Bump,Bump!

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger

:loser

MeetJoeGreene
11-13-2008, 08:21 AM

Bump,Bump!

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger

:loser

bump times 3.

stlrz d
11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
For those of you picking Sherman, let me ask you this: How much time did you spend defending Walton in the following manner, "His offense is brilliant...but it's very complicated and he needs to have the right players to run it."???

Man I was so young and so stupid. :oops:

RKSteel
11-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Has to be Ray Sherman hands down, when was that 98?

As for Walton, living here in NY, I knew he was a bad coach with the Jets, so I wasn't too happy when he went to the Steelers. Luckily, there wasn't the NFL Sunday Ticket, so I didn't see too many Steeler games.

AngryAsian
11-13-2008, 09:33 AM
For those of you picking Sherman, let me ask you this: How much time did you spend defending Walton in the following manner, "His offense is brilliant...but it's very complicated and he needs to have the right players to run it."???

Well, you're not young anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Q: Who is the worst Steelers OC ever?

A: Whoever the current one is. :lol:

We do have a long history of hating our OCs

Steeler Mafia
11-13-2008, 10:37 AM

I remember hearing the same about Gilbride. Looks like we were all young and stupid.

RussBII
11-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Joe Walton stands out in my mind simply because one of the best signs I had ever seen in a stadium:

HEY J_E!!!

Where's the O?

classic

stlrz d
11-13-2008, 03:18 PM

I liked Gailey, Whiz and Mularkey.

Heck, I even liked Erhardt!

Oviedo
11-13-2008, 03:34 PM

:Agree We have winner. OCs are easy punching bags every time something goes wrong. I can't remember a single OC that a large number of fans weren't complaining about.

Whisenhunt got bashed for being to conservative
Mularkey got bashed for too much tick play nonsense

No OC will ever satisfy Steeler fans. Even last year when we had some of our best offensive output ever people were still bashing Arians.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2008, 03:34 PM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":1jqwyidj]Q: Who is the worst Steelers OC ever?

Heck, I even liked Erhardt![/quote:1jqwyidj]

Sure, now you like those guys since you get to compare them to our current situation. Next to Arians, they look like Bill Walsh! :lol:

Oviedo
11-13-2008, 03:35 PM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":sw5cywh2]Q: Who is the worst Steelers OC ever?

Sure, now you like those guys since you get to compare them to our current situation. Next to Arians, they look like Bill Walsh! :lol:[/quote:sw5cywh2]

In other words the best OC for the Steelers is the one who isn't here now. Amazing that so many think new will be better.

stlrz d
11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":1pyhr5qp]Q: Who is the worst Steelers OC ever?

Sure, now you like those guys since you get to compare them to our current situation. Next to Arians, they look like Bill Walsh! :lol:[/quote:1pyhr5qp]

Honestly, I liked those guys when we had 'em.

Oviedo
11-13-2008, 03:45 PM
[quote="stlrz d":35obrt8o][quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":35obrt8o]Q: Who is the worst Steelers OC ever?

Sure, now you like those guys since you get to compare them to our current situation. Next to Arians, they look like Bill Walsh! :lol:[/quote:35obrt8o]

Honestly, I liked those guys when we had 'em.[/quote:35obrt8o]

Gailey was the only one I thought had his act together although Mularkey was better than Whisenhunt IMO.

Steeler Mafia
11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
As for our current OC.....you must suck really bad to get bounced from the Browns organization. Now he is with the Steelers.
Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah! <heavy layer of sarcasim>