PDA

View Full Version : How does the rest of the season go?

Oviedo
11-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Here is my prediction with us currently sitting at 6-3:

Chargers-Win. Steelers play angry after Colts loss. bad for Bolts.

Bumgals-Win. Short week and game is closer than we would like but still the Bumgals.

Patriots-Win

Cryboys-Loss. Let down after beating Pats.

Ravens-Win. Ravens will be beaten down after four tough games before this where they could be 0-4

Titans-Loss. Tough team and we haven't had success there.

Browns-Win. Welcome Brady Quinn to real pain in a meaningless game before the play offs. But we still defend our house.

Steelers finish 11-5 and win AFC NOrth by two games.

stlrz d
11-11-2008, 03:38 PM

Bumgals-Win. Short week and game is closer than we would like but still the Bumgals.

Patriots-Win

Ravens-Win. Ravens will be beaten down after four tough games before this where they could be 0-4

Browns-Win. Welcome Brady Quinn to real pain in a meaningless game before the play offs. But we still defend our house.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for saving me all that typing! :D

AkronSteel
11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
11-5

Chargers: Win

Bengals: Win

Patriots: Win

Cowboys: Win

Ravens: Loss

Titans: Loss

Browns: Win

Clinch 2nd seed in the AFC and get the bye to get healthy.

Ozey74
11-11-2008, 07:48 PM

Patriots-Win

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for saving me all that typing! :D

I would flip flop the results of the Pats and Cowboys game -I hope I'm wrong because if I had to pick a win between the two teams I would rather it come against the Patriots.

SteelerNation1
11-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Win em all! 13-3...#1 seed in AFC

Ben Resurganceberger starts playing ball this week!!!!!!!
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Iron Shiek
11-12-2008, 12:18 AM

I love the optimism SN1. Like I said two weeks ago, I've been waiting for Ben and the offense to come around for too long. I'm relegating myself to just not expect the outburst and for them to score about 2 tds tops and just hope they surprise me. I'm sick of being let down. Not bailing ship or anything, but just trying to level set myself. Its not necessarily a bad thing, just get what you need and let the defense maintain. I don't mind that. I just want to see some consistency from the offense.

Yikes, I almost said I am trying to be a realist...but then I would've sounded like all those Harry Nut-turds and others that I harp on. Good thing I caught myself.

SteelerNation1
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM

I love the optimism SN1. Like I said two weeks ago, I've been waiting for Ben and the offense to come around for too long. I'm relegating myself to just not expect the outburst and for them to score about 2 tds tops and just hope they surprise me. I'm sick of being let down. Not bailing ship or anything, but just trying to level set myself. Its not necessarily a bad thing, just get what you need and let the defense maintain. I don't mind that. I just want to see some consistency from the offense.

Yikes, I almost said I am trying to be a realist...but then I would've sounded like all those Harry Nut-turds and others that I harp on. Good thing I caught myself.
If, and I know it's a big if right now, but if the Steelers can pull this one out, and beat Cincy 4 days later, we'd be 8-3 with 10 days off to prep for the Cheats. Get this one, and the remainder of the season sets up nicely. Let a 3rd game slip away, AT HOME, and we'll be fighting for our playoff lives...and have a QB controversy. This could be one of the most important regular season games in Ben's career!

buckeyehoppy
11-12-2008, 01:23 AM

I'm not going to get real specific with which game win and which game loses. But your scenario is likely, SN1...as I've said all along, the Steelers have the talent to get where they want to go.

I expect the Steelers to win the rest of their home games. That ain't asking a lot, especially considering the teams they have left and the way their seasons have gone.

And I like the way their road sked sets up: they have 10 days to heal and prepare for the Pats* OTR; if the Titans are still undefeated when we get 'em, that could be a huge boon to play them at that point (FTR, I don't expect the Titans to be undefeated by the time they play the Steelers; and the Rattards are the Rattards- they are to be beaten everytime they play the Steelers.

I think 11-5 wins the division and could get 2nd seed if the Steelers can get the adv. in a road win v. the Pats*. I think the two most important games to win are the Pats* and Rattards. The others are all winnable. But if the Steelers lose at all, they can't afford more than two losses either way.

costanza2k1
11-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Chargers: Win

Bengals: Win

Patriots: Win

Cowboys: Win (because I'm flying in from California)

Titans: Win

Browns: Loss

Oviedo
11-12-2008, 08:50 AM

The offense isn't likely to click until FWP and Heath are 100%. We are seriously missing Mendenhall and the different dimension he brings. With those three key injuries I think there are play options not available due to the reduced personnel packages we have in.

We are going to have to play solid not great offense and let the defense carry us on this run like they did that one year back in the 70s when I believe Bradshaw went down for an extended period.

RKSteel
11-12-2008, 09:40 AM
11-5 is realistic, if the Steelers offense is really clicking 12-4 is possible.

The Steelers win this weekend. I'm driving from NY and taking my oldest daughter to her first Steeler game. Ravens and Titans are the two biggest challenges the Steelers will face. They could lose both, but I think they squeak out a win against the Ravens and lose to the Titans. All the other games should be wins.

Oviedo
11-12-2008, 11:08 AM

The Steelers win this weekend. I'm driving from NY and taking my oldest daughter to her first Steeler game. Ravens and Titans are the two biggest challenges the Steelers will face. They could lose both, but I think they squeak out a win against the Ravens and lose to the Titans. All the other games should be wins.

I generally agree, but I think the next 4 games expose the Ravens. They very easily could be 0-4 over that stretch and out of the running.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Should I purchase my SB tickets now in advance of all the money I will receive betting this money line parlay? :lol:

RKSteel
11-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Should I purchase my SB tickets now in advance of all the money I will receive betting this money line parlay? :lol:
YES. My 6yr old daughter who is pretty smart for her age says the Steelers are going to the SB. So until she says otherwise, expect the Steelers in Tampa. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Chargers: Loss

Bengals: Loss

Patriots: Loss

Cowboys: Loss

Titans: Loss

Browns: Loss

6-10...miss playoffs. Tomlin the overpaid janitor needs to pack up his mop and go home, Ben needs to be replaced by Leftwich, and hopefully Colbert gets canned before the draft before he screws up the early draft pick we get as a result of our 8 game losing streak to end the season. Whoops...I think I'm on the wrong board again. I must have drunk the Jim Jones kool-aid instead of the regular stuff. :stirpot

SN1...like the optimism, but I don't see 2 more losses on Tennessee's remaining schedule in addition to their loss to Pittsburgh that would give us the #1 seed in the conference. I'll be happy with the #2 seed in the conference, a first round bye, and then going back down to Nashville to beat them for a second time in the AFC Championship game. :Beer

stlrz d
11-12-2008, 03:12 PM

I generally agree, but I think the next 4 games expose the Ravens. They very easily could be 0-4 over that stretch and out of the running.

Me too.

Discipline of Steel
11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I believe we win out, through the SB :tt1

of course I make similar predictions every year (wheres the kool-aid smiley?)

Honestly, though, I think we match up well vs the Titans. We have shut down the leagues best rushing attacks and I doubt they could pass on us like they did on da' Bears. Plus, our 'perimeter' rushing attack goes around Haynesworth/Bullock. Maybe that will be the game where we really put the Moore screen pass to good use. I think we do beat the Titans but end up #2 in the AFC at best. Not bad for a team that on the decline with suspect OL/DL.