PDA

View Full Version : What in gods name is Kordell doing in studio....

Iron Shiek
11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
on Mike and Mike in the Morning. Is this 1998? He and Jamal Anderson (former Falcons running back) are in studio discussing various things...and I'm sure they are pushing something on everyone today.

But Kordell?! :shock:

MeetJoeGreene
11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
It's diversity month at ESPN Radio?

Iron Shiek
11-11-2008, 10:29 AM
It was actually kind of entertaining. He and Jamal had some good knowledge to impart about the games of the past weekend and about certain teams and players. It sounded like they knew what they were talking about. Pretty good stuff...and kind of funny too.

Kordell was doing a great Mike Singletary impression..."Can't do it. Can't coach em. Can't win with em. Can't do it."

It was kinda funny.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-11-2008, 11:05 AM
If we can let our Kordell anger subside a bit, he is actually pretty entertaining. I have always thought he was a good listen anytime I've heard him over the years since he retired.

And for a great Kordell laugh, you have to see him on "Pros vs. Joes". I can't find the video, but he steamrolls a guy who is trash talking him, it was hillarious.

MeetJoeGreene
11-11-2008, 11:45 AM
This is not meant to be mean ... but...

Did he get that thing off his cheek?

I don't doubt that he would be entertaining and informative and a good communicator.

But to me, it would be like that Tide Stain commercial ... All I would see would be that thing yelling rather than what he is saying.

proudpittsburgher
11-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Kordell has been on that ESPN 2 show before with Jamall Anderson. He was singing the Steelers praises, so there don' appear to be any hard feelings. I was always more of a Kordell fan than a basher, so i like to hear him on there.

ikestops85
11-12-2008, 03:35 PM

I don't doubt that he would be entertaining and informative and a good communicator.

But to me, it would be like that Tide Stain commercial ... All I would see would be that thing yelling rather than what he is saying.

I know what you mean ... sorta like when you see Drew Brees in an interview. Your attention just get drawn to that one spot. http://www.smileyskit.com/affection/dunno.gif

Iron Shiek
11-12-2008, 04:14 PM

I know what you mean ... sorta like when you see Drew Brees in an interview. Your attention just get drawn to that one spot. http://www.smileyskit.com/affection/dunno.gif

Yeah I remember in college, his O-Line at Purdue all painted spots on their cheeks to make him not feel like he was different. Funny...I never saw the Steelers O-Line glue play-doh to their cheeks to help Kordell out. Too bad, maybe it would've got us over the top.

stlrz d
11-12-2008, 08:06 PM

I've always respected Brees for not having that removed. A guy with his cash could easily afford to have it done.

Shawn
11-13-2008, 12:20 AM

I've always respected Brees for not having that removed. A guy with his cash could easily afford to have it done.

It is indeed distracting.

Snatch98
11-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Kordell speaks well and knows his stuff. I've always enjoyed listenening to him. He was great after Cowher retired when I saw him on ESPN I believe........

RussBII
11-13-2008, 12:52 PM

It is indeed distracting.

I'm pretty used to it. I think it's actually handy because I know who it is so instantaneously. I hate when ESPN or any show assumes that whoever they are interviewing is famous enough that they don't need to have their name up on the screen. At least w/ Drew Brees, you can tell right away.

I do wonder if he has to shave it. Typically big marks like that have ginormous black hairs coming out of em.

Iron Shiek
11-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Sorry to bring up an old thread...

Jamal Anderson and Kordell Stewart seem to be having a regular weekly segment on Mike and Mike on ESPNradio. They do a good job of talking about everything going on in football.

Kordell talked this week about how being a Steeler is instilled in him and how he's a big fan, in the sense of how we are fans where he takes a loss very hard and gets depressed. He wants to see them finish drives and games by stomping on the opponent's throats like back in the day. It was interesting to hear his thoughts on the organization and how he is like "one of us".

But prior to that he was asked who the best team behind the Titans in the AFC likely is or will be in the coming weeks and he said the Cheaters. So eff him...