PDA

View Full Version : Freak Plays ... but we can do this!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Look, I don't want to sound too much like a homer, but these last two games we were probably gonna win except for a few freak plays.

Last week, we lost our snapper, then got a safety at a time that we were looking to beat the Giants. And this week, without those two tipped passes, we were looking to take home a W too.

That doesn't mean it's all gravy from here on in. I'm concerned that Ben doesn't seem to do a checkdown and see the whole field consistently. I don't think Leftwich is the kind of guy we can ride to the big show, so we're depending on Ben to play better - and I don't know if it's getting to the stage of his career where what we see is what we get. We're also dangerously thin at running back, and Ariens' play calling isn't really helping (too many runs up the middle).

Having said all that, we do control our destiny this year, and I think all remaining games are easily winnable if we don't give them away. These two losses were tough, but I don't think they change much. Maybe they will even be motivators in the locker room.

We can do this!

Ozey74
11-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Anybody know why Ben is running the ball this year?