PDA

View Full Version : What a horsesh!t rule!

stlrz d
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
If any part of the QB is behind the LOS when the ball is thrown there is no penalty?

What a fusking joke!

papillon
11-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Huh? :?:

Pappy

stlrz d
11-10-2008, 12:21 AM

Pappy

Are you watching the game by chance? Eli was beyond the LOS, all but one half of one of his feet. The D came up (as they should) and he completed a pass. They called him for being past the LOS. Coughlin challenged and won because if any part of the passer is behind the LOS (like Eli's pinky effing toe) the pass is legal.

Stupid, stupid rule.

papillon
11-10-2008, 12:41 AM

Pappy

Are you watching the game by chance? Eli was beyond the LOS, all but one half of one of his feet. The D came up (as they should) and he completed a pass. They called him for being past the LOS. Coughlin challenged and won because if any part of the passer is behind the LOS (like Eli's pinky effing toe) the pass is legal.

Stupid, stupid rule.

No, I wasn't paying much attention to the game and clicked on this thread and couldn't figure out what you were asking. A rule is a rule, I guess...

Pappy

Djfan
11-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Reminds me of Belicheats challenge of 12 men on the field.

Iron Shiek
11-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Another goofy rule:

If any part of your body is out of bounds...say on a kickoff return, and you touch the ball, its the same as the ball going out of bounds and you get the ball at the 40. It makes sense but just sounds weird. It happened yesterday and the player that did it looked super smart for it. The ball was rolling towards the sideline but wasn't going to go out on the kickoff, and he stuck his leg out of bounds and reach for the ball and grabbed it. They got the ball on the 40. It was outstanding.

Jigawatts
11-10-2008, 02:15 PM
What's with all the cussing lately D? Are the leaves really making you that mad?

Iron Shiek
11-10-2008, 02:37 PM
What's with all the cussing lately D? Are the leaves really making you that mad?

He is a disturbed individual.

He probably made giant piles of those leaves and Randy Savage elbow dropped all of them from off his roof.

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I was not aware of this rule either. I didn't see the play, but I was listening to the call on the radio on our drive home from the game last night. I commented to my Dad that it must be like a hockey player that is able to stay onside by dragging one skate behind the blue line even though the entire rest of his body is already in the offensive zone. Before hearing this, I figured that it all depended on where the ball was...kinda like every other football rule.

Jigawatts
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM

He is a disturbed individual.

He probably made giant piles of those leaves and Randy Savage elbow dropped all of them from off his roof.

If he saw my yard he'd dump an accelerate all over it and light a match.

Actually, that sounds much easier than picking all those leaves up. :lol:

SteelerOfDeVille
11-10-2008, 06:42 PM
the thing that annoyed me about it is i was just having a conversation on Friday with someone about the Music City Miracle and we were discussing the impact the release point has on a play. That where your feet/body are are irrelevant when it comes to a lateral. It's about where you release it versuse where it's caught.

I went on to say many "laterals" during options are therefore techincally laterals. if you're both advancing upfield and you toss it at the 35 and it's caught at the 36, it's technically a forward lateral.

The guy I was discussing with said, "I guess if the QBs arm crosses the LOS before releasing the ball, then it's an illegal forward pass."

I said, "if they want to be consistent, that's a true statement."

Apparently, they don't want to be consistent.

proudpittsburgher
11-11-2008, 10:05 AM
To me, they need to be consistant with the rules. The idea that if the ball crosses the goal line reguardless of where the rest of your body is, directly refutes that rule on Manning Sunday night. Same as a backwards pass. If the ball is across the LOS, then it should be a penalty.