PDA

View Full Version : How do we beat the Chargers

costanza2k1
11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Let's see what you think. My opinion about this past game is we had a good offensive gameplan against the Colts and I hope it continues. I still think running it 3 times with Moore was the right call, if we don't do it then we all ask why we didn't do it. If Ben can't practice all week then he should sit, he's very rusty right now.

We will win next week.

Chadman
11-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Chadman's thinking that scoring more points would do the trick..

costanza2k1
11-10-2008, 02:12 AM

Something tells me Chadman may be right...

Chadman
11-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Of course he is- Chadman is always right...even when he's not 'completely' right...he's still right.

Right?

kennyes
11-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Chadman wise... :Bow

DukieBoy
11-10-2008, 08:04 AM

Chadman,

That's a coach's understatement.
You coaching football over there?
Maybe an all-babes football team?

rpmpit
11-10-2008, 08:31 AM
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/51924586.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE84E9F00F16C59F3F A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Ghost
11-10-2008, 10:34 AM
If the D doesnít throw an A+ game out there the O is not carrying this team to a victory.

You HAVE TO score a TD in a close game with 1st and goal from the 5. My issue with running it is the Steelers only had 30 some odd yards rushing. Itís not as if they were dominating the run game. Why donít they have a play to the TE exactly like the one the Colts used? What happened to faking it inside and running wide Ė is Moore not fast enough to get the corner? Thereís not one clever play that can get the team 2 yards?

Is Ben practicing? Is that why he threw the second INT (which he admitted was his fault b/c Holmes was supposed to go back out and Ben Ďforgotí the route)?

Why did the Steelers stop brining pressure on Manning in the second half? 2 sacks early and then nothing the rest of the game.

3rd and 2 before the half Ė run it and hope you get the first then run out the clock. You donít and at least youíre punting the ball away. While the interception was horrendous, there is no need to be throwing down field on that play.

As for the poll question Ė Iíd have to go with an answer not there Ė Ben has to play better. Plain and simple. Convert 3rd downs (which was better last night) and not have rookie like turnovers. He canít be good for those 2 times every game and expect to win.

Iron Shiek
11-10-2008, 11:30 AM
You don't bench your franchise quarterback.

costanza2k1
11-10-2008, 11:32 AM

Agreed, but if he's not healthy enough to execute then he needs to man up and say so. Swallow some pride and get some rest. We'll never know how bad he is but at some point the man will need to practice more than just mental reps to execute on the field...It's not like he's a RB or something. He's the leader of the Offense.

rpmpit
11-10-2008, 11:36 AM

You do if he's hurt and his injury is costing us games.

Ben is our qb. I'm happy about that. When he's healthy he is one of the best. Right now he's not healthy. And I'll take a healthy Byron over what Ben's been putting on the field the last few games. Not sure if its pride, arrogance or a combination. But Ben thinks he can play through this injury and I think its obvious to many of us that he can't.

Iron Shiek
11-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Unless you are in his body you don't know that. Every single person is saying he can play with these injuries. How about just admitting he effed up a couple times instead of using the injury excuse. Nobody else is using that excuse. Pride or not...

costanza2k1
11-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Unless you are in his body you don't know that. Every single person is saying he can play with these injuries. How about just admitting he effed up a couple times instead of using the injury excuse. Nobody else is using that excuse. Pride or not...

True points but every single person isn't in his body either so how do they know if he can play with it or not. He's the only one who will learn from this. The way I see it, mistakes will happen and he'll learn from them. We were 1 tipped pass away from winning this game and can attribute losing to some fluke plays just as we can on blaming 2 ints. I choose the tipped pass as I've seen what he can do. Hoping this improves and we get on a monster tear here towards the end of the season and peak in the playoffs.

rpmpit
11-10-2008, 12:12 PM

Ben has effed up in the past. Every qb has. It happens. But I don't think we've seen a stretch like this before in his career. He has as many ints right now as he had all of last year. That isn't effing up "...a couple of times".

My opinion (for what its worth) is that he's not healthy enough to play and its affecting his performance.

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't think the shoulder injury is holding him back if he is able to complete over 70% of his passes for the game. There were some mistakes for sure, and he admitted that and took full responsibility. He was healthy enough to play this week, and I see no reason why he will not be healthy enough to play next week.

stlrz d
11-10-2008, 08:50 PM
IS & RB

:Clap