PDA

View Full Version : Pass Rush Weak Without Woodley

steelz09
11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Did anyone notice that extreme lack of pass rush with LaMarr Woodley? Did we even have one sack?

I noticed that they would move Timmons to the inside and move Keisel to the outside to rush. Keisel is weak too. Honestly, he's another guy that I've supported but he should be a backup in this league or rotate in consistently with another player. He could not get any pressure on the QB. The o-lineman kept him at bay all game long.

I see a stud D-Lineman probably drafted in the 2nd round next year.

Jigawatts
11-09-2008, 10:03 PM
We got two sacks. Then after that it seemed like we gave up and gave Payton the
opportunity to sit back and wait for a receiver to get open.

buckeyehoppy
11-09-2008, 10:20 PM
JHans:

I think it all depends on how the Steelers settle their OL issues. Right now, there are only three Ts that stand even a modicum of a chance of making the roster next season...and none of them are starting caliber, even though Colon is one of the players I am thinking of. The others are Essex and Hills...Essex is only going to be signed as a backup, if at all. And unless Hills pulls a Darnell Stapleton, he won't be starting.

In other words, the Steelers need TWO starting OTs next year. And neither one is on the current roster. I would be all for Marvel being franchised, but I don't see how that's justified when he simply can't stay healthy. And Max Sucks can't be justified under ANY circumstances. He may not play another down once he is released from the Steelers...that's how bad Max Sucks!

If the Steelers can sign a LT in FA, then drafting an OT isn't as big a deal in the first round and they can go DL in the first. It might be more realistic for the Steelers to go DL because there might be more available in the first for DL.

But I don't know...knowing the Steelers affinity for the status quo, they'll probably bring everybody back for whom there isn't a market for and sign them to "club-friendly deals" and we'll continue to put a two-bit line in front of the franchise QB.

blacknblue80s
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Frazier got way too much playing time, Timmons should have gotten the start in place of Woodley.

IMO, Woodley would have had a great outing against their RT.