PDA

View Full Version : Woodley out?

steelcityrules!!
11-09-2008, 12:35 PM
what gives?
just came across the ticker on the NFL network.

who's got some info on this?

steelz09
11-09-2008, 12:46 PM
That's huge if he is out. Does that mean Harrison moves to Woodley's spot and Timmon's replaces Harrison in his normal spot?

I know he had a calf injury and he didn't practice Friday but I didn't know he was officially ruled out.

Heath Miller is ruled out as well, right?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Official injury report, updated Friday:

Steeler injuries: BMac, Clark, Ben, Fox, Miller.

No word on their status, but Wood isn't mentioned.

costanza2k1
11-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I believe Timmons starts in his position. Now the cutting of Dookie makes some sense. Down one LB so they bring in another one.

steelernation77
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Harrison moves over to LOLB with Timmons at ROLB.

Go Hawkeyes!

steelcityrules!!
11-09-2008, 01:12 PM
That's huge if he is out. Does that mean Harrison moves to Woodley's spot and Timmon's replaces Harrison in his normal spot?

I know he had a calf injury and he didn't practice Friday but I didn't know he was officially ruled out.

Heath Miller is ruled out as well, right?

think so.

we gotta get healthy to make a serious run... now parker might be done for the season and we're dangerously shallow at RB.

there it is, woodley officially inactive on NFL network... damnit!
we need everyone to step up and play their roles.

Discipline of Steel
11-09-2008, 01:27 PM
we gotta get healthy to make a serious run... now parker might be done for the season and we're dangerously shallow at RB.

Whats this about Parker may be done for the season! I hadnt heard that...very bad if true. What is the basis for this comment, please do share!

costanza2k1
11-09-2008, 01:29 PM
An injured shoulder will force Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker to miss his fifth game of the past six Sunday as the Steelers play the Indianapolis Colts, and there are questions about when he will play again.

According to NFL.com, Parker was told this week he has a torn labrum in his shoulder that will require offseason surgery. If Parker does play again this season, he will have to wear a shoulder harness.

Parker returned from a four-game layoff after spraining his knee to rush for 71 yards against the Washington Redskins on Monday night but injured the shoulder on a fluke play and did not practice this week.

Parker spent Friday getting a second opinion according to NFL.com, an opinion that will determine Parker's course of action.

The Steelers' depth chart lists Mewelde Moore as their second option at running back, with Gary Russell third.

Najeh Davenport was released Saturday, five weeks after they brought back their former top backup running back following a number of injuries.

Davenport's roster spot was taken by linebacker Donovan Woods, who was taken off the 53-man roster last month but was added to the practice squad. Woods has played on special teams in four games this season.

Davenport, a former Packers player, spent the 2006 and 2007 seasons with Pittsburgh but was released in June. He was re-signed last month after Parker injured a knee, first-round draft pick Rashard Mendenhall was lost for the season with a shoulder injury and fullback Carey Davis sprained an ankle.

In two-plus seasons with Pittsburgh, Davenport ran for 768 yards, seven touchdowns and a 4.3 yards per carry average. He also had three touchdowns on pass receptions.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-09-2008, 01:35 PM
An injured shoulder will force Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker to miss his fifth game of the past six Sunday as the Steelers play the Indianapolis Colts, and there are questions about when he will play again.

According to NFL.com, Parker was told this week he has a torn labrum in his shoulder that will require offseason surgery. If Parker does play again this season, he will have to wear a shoulder harness.

Parker returned from a four-game layoff after spraining his knee to rush for 71 yards against the Washington Redskins on Monday night but injured the shoulder on a fluke play and did not practice this week.

Parker spent Friday getting a second opinion according to NFL.com, an opinion that will determine Parker's course of action.

The Steelers' depth chart lists Mewelde Moore as their second option at running back, with Gary Russell third.

Najeh Davenport was released Saturday, five weeks after they brought back their former top backup running back following a number of injuries.

Davenport's roster spot was taken by linebacker Donovan Woods, who was taken off the 53-man roster last month but was added to the practice squad. Woods has played on special teams in four games this season.

Davenport, a former Packers player, spent the 2006 and 2007 seasons with Pittsburgh but was released in June. He was re-signed last month after Parker injured a knee, first-round draft pick Rashard Mendenhall was lost for the season with a shoulder injury and fullback Carey Davis sprained an ankle.

In two-plus seasons with Pittsburgh, Davenport ran for 768 yards, seven touchdowns and a 4.3 yards per carry average. He also had three touchdowns on pass receptions.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Thanks for posting, c2k1!

I don't understand letting Davenport go if Parker is so injured?

stlrz d
11-09-2008, 01:51 PM
For the record, Ocho is playing with a torn labrum as well. I don't think it will be a season ender for FWP.

costanza2k1
11-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I think we'll be fine with Russell he's shown flashes of being good. Should be interesting. Man I get so bummed out about Mendenhall being out for the season. I think he would've rocked...

Jooser
11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
STEELERS vs COLTS
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2008
KICKOFF -- 4:15 P.M.

INACTIVES

STEELERS

1. #20 Bryant McFadden, CB
2. #39 Willie Parker, RB
3. #56 LaMarr Woodley, LB
4. #66 Tony Hills, OL
5. #77 Marvel Smith, OT
6. #83 Heath Miller, TE
7. #96 Orpheus Roye, DE
8. (3rd QB) #2 Dennis Dixon
COLTS

1. #26 Kelvin Haden, DB
2. #40 Jamie Silva, DB
3. #51 Jordan Senn, LB
4. #52 Buster Davis, LB
5. #53 Steve Justice, C
6. #83 Roy Hall, WR
7. #86 Tom Santi, TE
8. #90 Daniel Muir, DT

STARTING LINEUP CHANGES:
Steelers:
#78 Max Starks will start at LT in place of the injured #77 Marvel Smith.
#21 Mewelde Moore will start at RB in place of the injured #39 Willie Parker.
#89 Matt Spaeth will start at TE in place of the injured #83 Heath Miller.
#94 Lawrence Timmons will start at LOLB in place of the injured #56 LaMarr Woodley.

Colts:
#31 Keiwan Ratliff will start at LCB for #26 Kelvin Hayden.

ROSTER CHANGES:
Steelers:
LB Donovan Woods (#95) was promoted to the active roster on Saturday. The Steelers made room for Woods by releasing RB Najeh Davenport (#44).

Colts:
None.

http://news.steelers.com/article/99073/

There it is. I had no idea. :Hater

buckeyehoppy
11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Bummer to not have Lay the Wood(ley). Hopefully, Timmons can step in and not miss a beat.

And I could care less about the Chumptruck. Russell can't be any worse than "One yard and a cloud of dust" Dookie.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-09-2008, 04:34 PM
STEELERS vs COLTS
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2008

INACTIVES

STEELERS

2. #39 Willie Parker, RB
4. #66 Tony Hills, OL
5. #77 Marvel Smith, OT
6. #83 Heath Miller, TE
7. #96 Orpheus Roye, DE
COLTS

1. #26 Kelvin Haden, DB
2. #40 Jamie Silva, DB
3. #51 Jordan Senn, LB
4. #52 Buster Davis, LB
5. #53 Steve Justice, C
6. #83 Roy Hall, WR
7. #86 Tom Santi, TE
8. #90 Daniel Muir, DT

STARTING LINEUP CHANGES:
Steelers:
#94 Lawrence Timmons will start at LOLB in place of the injured #56 LaMarr Woodley.

Colts:

ROSTER CHANGES:
Steelers:
LB Donovan Woods (#95) was promoted to the active roster on Saturday. The Steelers made room for Woods by releasing RB Najeh Davenport (#44).

Colts:
None.

Is it cool to have only 2 QBs on the field, especially with one going in injured already?

How often do teams not have 3 QBs suited up? Maybe it's normal, I don't know ... ?

stlrz d
11-09-2008, 04:47 PM
STEELERS vs COLTS
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2008

INACTIVES

STEELERS

2. #39 Willie Parker, RB
4. #66 Tony Hills, OL
5. #77 Marvel Smith, OT
6. #83 Heath Miller, TE
7. #96 Orpheus Roye, DE
COLTS

1. #26 Kelvin Haden, DB
2. #40 Jamie Silva, DB
3. #51 Jordan Senn, LB
4. #52 Buster Davis, LB
5. #53 Steve Justice, C
6. #83 Roy Hall, WR
7. #86 Tom Santi, TE
8. #90 Daniel Muir, DT

STARTING LINEUP CHANGES:
Steelers:

Colts:

ROSTER CHANGES:
Steelers:

Colts:
None.

Is it cool to have only 2 QBs on the field, especially with one going in injured already?

How often do teams not have 3 QBs suited up? Maybe it's normal, I don't know ... ?

3rd QB means he is dressed.

SteelTorch
11-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I hate to say it, but we could lose this game because of injuries alone. :( Having Miller, Woodley, Parker, and B-Mac out is BIG. Four starters. And if Ben plays like he did in the last game, I have serious doubts about our chances.

steelcityrules!!
11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
I hate to say it, but we could lose this game because of injuries alone. :( Having Miller, Woodley, Parker, and B-Mac out is BIG. Four starters. And if Ben plays like he did in the last game, I have serious doubts about our chances.

very prophetic...
ben needs to get his head out of rectum.