PDA

View Full Version : If I was a defensive player in the NFL

Ghost
11-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I would see about organizing some way to let Goodell know that the defensive players around the league will not play another season under the mindless, undefined rules that are currently ruining football. Demand some training for officials - it looks like the refs are earning bonus $$ for calling additional roughing flags. How in the hell can it be roughing whn the ball is still in the QB's hand.

Fines add up and not every guy has a $50 million dollar contract. Carreers are short and a couple of fines over a couple of years adding up to $50K is a ton of money - all because of some arbitrary rule that no one unerstands or can explain. I'd be pissed if I was a player.

And I'm waiting for a game to be lost on one of these p.u.s.s.y type roughing calls. The QB is in the process of throwing and the D still gets called for tackling him and gives the team the ball back at a critical moment.

Goodell sucks. Stop trying to be Pete Rozelle and put "your stamp" on the game. No one would give a sh/t about you accept that you're destroying the game.

Iron Shiek
11-07-2008, 04:58 PM
A game has been changed because of one of these ridiculous calls. Didn't Suggs inadvertantly tap some QB on the helmet and get called for roughing the passer (hit to the head) which extended the drive and eventually allowed the team to score.

I get the fact that the Ravens still had the opportunity to stop said team, but it doesn't diminish the douchebaggedness ( :?: :shock: ) of the call.

papillon
11-07-2008, 05:01 PM
This is a job for the NFLPA to address now and then in the next collective bargaining agreement. Having just the defensive players do something as wildcats won't help anything; it needs to be addressed by their union (sooner, rather than later).

Pappy

Iron Shiek
11-07-2008, 05:05 PM
This is a job for the NFLPA to address now and then in the next collective bargaining agreement. Having just the defensive players do something as wildcats won't help anything; it needs to be addressed by their union (sooner, rather than later).

Pappy

I mentioned in another thread that they are going to do exactly that from what I heard on Sirius NFL Radio. Its getting to the point where they are getting fed up with it too and are putting it as one of their higher priorities at any upcoming negotiations.

RuthlessBurgher
11-07-2008, 09:44 PM
A game has been changed because of one of these ridiculous calls. Didn't Suggs inadvertantly tap some QB on the helmet and get called for roughing the passer (hit to the head) which extended the drive and eventually allowed the team to score.

I get the fact that the Ravens still had the opportunity to stop said team, but it doesn't diminish the douchebaggedness ( :?: :shock: ) of the call.

Repeat after me...douchebaggery. Can you say it? I knew you could.

http://www.netreach.net/~barry/mrrogers/mrrogers.jpg

:lol:

Iron Shiek
11-07-2008, 09:49 PM

Repeat after me...douchebaggery. Can you say it? I knew you could.

http://www.netreach.net/~barry/mrrogers/mrrogers.jpg

:lol:

I know how to say it. It didn't fit with the sentence I was writing so I had to utilize a modified format. :)

sd steel
11-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Why just defense? Last time I checked Hines Ward played offense and has been fined for BS numerous times. This is an NFL issue, not a defensive issue.