PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl CB Hall signs 1-year deal with Redskins

fordfixer
11-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Pro Bowl CB Hall signs 1-year deal with Redskinsby Jay Glazer
Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and also appears every week on FOX NFL Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8768 ... h-Redskins (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8768356/Pro-Bowl-CB-Hall-signs-1-year-deal-with-Redskins)

Updated: November 7, 2008, 2:58 PM EST 29 comments add this RSS blog email Print DeAngelo Hall has found his new team.

The two-time Pro Bowl cornerback signed a one-year deal with the Washington Redskins on Friday, and seems confident he will be in the nation's capital for years to come.

"It's a one-year deal for now, but we'll work something out long-term," Hall told FOXSports.com. "That's why I chose them. I don't want to hit the market in the offseason and have to move my family again this year.

"I really like everybody at the Redskins," Hall added. "Coach Zorn is really cool."

Other suitors for Hall included the Steelers, who were hot for his services for the remainder of the year, and the Patriots, who had also reportedly expressed interest in the 24-year-old Virginia Tech product.

The Raiders waived Hall on Wednesday after just eight games in an Oakland uniform. The team gave Hall a $70 million contract in one of its big signings this past offseason, and paid out $8 million of it before Wednesday's move.

Hall told FOXSports.com on Friday that he has no hard feelings toward the Raiders.

Hall, 24, was the No. 8 overall pick in the 2004 draft, and played his first four seasons in Atlanta. He was named to the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Sounds like a typical Dan Snyder move, though I think Zorn may be able to do a better job of keeping him under control than whoever the Raiders coach is this week.

Well, I'm glad we played them already, and I'm laughing at the Cowboy fans now!

Iron Shiek
11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
As much of a bonehead as he is...I hope we don't lose McFadden now especially when we could've had a guy like this. I read somewhere that the scheme the Raiders play wasn't a good fit for his talent. If that's the case would ours' have been any better? The dude is only 24 and in our D he could be a force...again though he doesn't seem to be "Steeler" material person-wise from his past antics. I just would hate for him to live up to his star status in another uniform when we were so close to having him.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-07-2008, 05:52 PM
As much of a bonehead as he is...I hope we don't lose McFadden now especially when we could've had a guy like this. I read somewhere that the scheme the Raiders play wasn't a good fit for his talent. If that's the case would ours' have been any better? The dude is only 24 and in our D he could be a force...again though he doesn't seem to be "Steeler" material person-wise from his past antics. I just would hate for him to live up to his star status in another uniform when we were so close to having him.

Good points, but at least he's in the NFC East, not AFC anything!

RuthlessBurgher
11-07-2008, 09:41 PM

If the Steelers want to pay big money for an excellent young corner who fits the Steeler mold of a true character guy as well as a dominant player on the field, they should go after the guy who lined up opposite Hall in Oakland. Nnamdi Asomugha is a beast who is also incredibly smart and a true humanitarian. There is no way he signs on to play for that mess in Oakland again (unless they give him the exclusive rights franchise tag for the second year in a row, which would require a 20% raise over the average salary of the top 5 corners in the game). I know we don't make a habit of shelling out big bucks for UFA's, but Asomugha is one guy who would be worth a healthy investment.

Iron Shiek
11-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Yup. I'm down with that Ruthless. However all indications are the Raiders franchise him again...I don't blame em either...

Discipline of Steel
11-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah, they already picked which one they wanted to see leave town.