PDA

View Full Version : Article About Playoff Picture

Jooser
11-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I read this on Yahoo Sports, I thought it was pretty close to the mark. The writer likes our defense and picks us to beat Tennessee.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=c ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-secondhalfprojections110608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

RuthlessBurgher
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Every team in the NFC East with a winning record, and no team in the AFC West with a winning record. That's entirely possible.

Miami winning the AFC East? Wow.

RKSteel
11-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Interesting, which team does the finale loss comes against?

Since he has the Steelers beating the Titans, I say the Steelers run the table the next seven games and lose to the Browns (after a tough physical game against the Titans) in a meaningless wk 17 where all the starters are rested.

AkronSteel
11-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I agree with most of this but I think the Jets will win the east. Looking at the schedule for both teams the Jets should finish 11-5 and the Phins should finish 10-6. It will come down to the last game of the season though. The best I see the Pats doing is 9-7.

San Diego will have a hard time catching Denver at this point. It could happen but it is looking more and more unlikely. It would be interesting if both the East and West came down to the last weekend.

I think the Eagles will win that home game against the Cryboys and will gain that wild card spot as well. I think that Dallas has too many dynamics going on right now to refocus and gain momentum going down the stretch. Romo will not fix all that is wrong in Dallas. The D down there is falling apart fast......anyone see the play by Mike Jenkins last week in New York.....I may have sent him to the showers if it was me......i.e. Mike Singletary.

Oviedo
11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't buy Miami.

I think Indy is more dangerous than people give them credit and I worry about this weekend.

I think 11-5 or 12-4 is more realistic for us. Particularly with the mounting/lingering injuries. These will bite us a couple of time yet even though we have dodged that bullet so far. We can't get past them forever.

Iron Shiek
11-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I agree with Oviedo. 11-5 will win us the division and get us in. Not trying to pessimistic or anything, but seriously, how long can we skate by with that line and key players hurt every game.

I can see Miami winning the division as surprising as that sounds. They are a sound football team and their defense is starting to gain momentum. What a turnaround.

The AFC in general is weak and we HAVE to get to the AFCC game this year...we better.

The NFC seems like there will be some good teams sitting at home come playoff time. The South and East are just loaded from top to bottom...not every team is outstanding but in general they are rather talented teams that can do damage in the playoffs.

AngryAsian
11-07-2008, 06:35 PM
13-3 is a good possibility. I like the sound of "The Scariest Team." Our D has definitely earned it (especially in fines). I think we catch fire and start really putting forth offensive games we can be proud of... despite BA.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-07-2008, 06:41 PM
"Scariest Team" ... I grudgingly admit that Bad Word Lebeau knows a bit more about defense than I do. I promise not to curse even if my head explodes (like it always does) the next time I see that 15 yard cushion his receivers always give.

Ozey74
11-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Tenn. D against our O-Line scares the hell out of me!!!

Jooser
11-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, and our D against virtually any O should scare the hell outa them. Tenn has made it's living off the run this year with a sham of a QB. Take a way the run and pressure their QB and you're gonna be in the game. Our D has done both exceptionally well this year. I guess we'll see. :)

RuthlessBurgher
11-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Tenn. D against our O-Line scares the hell out of me!!!

Since it is so late in the season, perhaps playoff seedings will be decided by then, and we can start Dennis Dixon, since he has the athleticism to run for his life back there. :shock:

Iron Shiek
11-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah, and our D against virtually any O should scare the hell outa them. Tenn has made it's living off the run this year with a sham of a QB. Take a way the run and pressure their QB and you're gonna be in the game. Our D has done both exceptionally well this year. I guess we'll see. :)

Hmm, sounds like our prior nemesis...Jags. Look at them now, they have a 2nd string line and can't run the ball...and suck! So as long as ASmith stays healthy, we should be able to take em.

AngryAsian
11-08-2008, 05:42 AM

Hmm, sounds like our prior nemesis...Jags. Look at them now, they have a 2nd string line and can't run the ball...and suck! So as long as ASmith stays healthy, we should be able to take em.

Clinton Portis had 5 consecutive 120+ yard games.... then came the Steelers into town and he ran for a season low 51 yards. I don't care what running attack the Titans have we shove them a Steel City Suppository with our front seven and put the game on KC's shoulders. Meat... that's what they'll be December.

Jooser
11-08-2008, 09:24 AM

Clinton Portis had 5 consecutive 120+ yard games.... then came the Steelers into town and he ran for a season low 51 yards. I don't care what running attack the Titans have we shove them a Steel City Suppository with our front seven and put the game on KC's shoulders. Meat... that's what they'll be December.

:Agree Yeah, what he said.

Ozey74
11-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Clinton Portis had 5 consecutive 120+ yard games.... then came the Steelers into town and he ran for a season low 51 yards.

I bet a friend lunch that Clinton Portis wouldn't gain 50 yds against our D.

:HeadBanger

proudpittsburgher
11-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Clinton Portis had 5 consecutive 120+ yard games.... then came the Steelers into town and he ran for a season low 51 yards.

I bet a friend lunch that Clinton Portis wouldn't gain 50 yds against our D.

:HeadBanger

Check the official stats. They run stat corrections all the time. Either they will strip him of two yards, in which you get a lunch, or they will add yards, and you don't feel as bad since you lost the bet by 3 yards instead of one. :lol: