PDA

View Full Version : DeAngelo Hall to the Steelers or Redskins?

costanza2k1
11-06-2008, 11:10 PM
per Profootballtalk.com
NO DECISION EXPECTED TONIGHT BY HALL
Posted by Mike Florio on November 6, 2008, 6:19 p.m.
As we hear it, several teams are actively pursuing cornerback DeAngelo Hall, now that he has cleared waivers and become an unrestricted free agent.
We’re told that Hall is talking to several teams, including high-level folks with more than one franchise. One source characterized it as a “frenzy” of activity.
Adam Schefter reports that the Giants, Redskins, Steelers, and Patriots are interested.
As we hear it, the Giants are out, but the Saints are in.
Hall is looking for the “best situation” for him. The factors that will drive this determination aren’t known.
Our guess is that it will be hard for him to get much more than the prorated league minimum salary, but if he can spark a bidding war, he might be able to squeeze out something better than that.

Dally Lolly:

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 06, 2008
Thursday update
Ben Roethlisberger sat out practice again Thursday, but is targeting Friday as a day to possibly return.

Willie Parker sat out again with his shoulder injury, but like Roethlisberger, he is targeting Friday as a day to practice.

At this point, I would say that Heath Miller, Marvel Smith, Najeh Davenport and Bryant McFadden are the guys who will be out.

© There are several reports that the Steelers are interested in signing former Atlanta and Oakland cornerback DeAngelo Hall. Even though the Steelers could use some help at the position - particularly next season – I don't see it happening.

Hall has been a bit of a goofball during his career and, in my opinion, is overrated as a player. He's certainly not as good as he thinks he is.

He could possibly help the Steelers in the return game, however. Hall has done a little punt and kick returning in his career.

Perhaps bringing a me-first guy into this locker room is something the Steelers feel they could get away with because they have strong leadership.
POSTED BY DALE LOLLEY AT 7:33 PM

buckeyehoppy
11-07-2008, 12:55 AM
I don't want any part of this yo-yo. Let the Deadskins sign him. I didn't like this guy when he was coming out and he has proved that he was hardly worth a first round pick, much less a top ten.

AkronSteel
11-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Why not? I think this guy would come in and watch his P's and Q's and help this team. He would absolutely help the team in the return game. If he came here to play he would definately help in the nickel and dime packages. Randy Moss and Jerome Bettis were head cases too.....well Randy still is but.........I'm just sayin' :D

AngryAsian
11-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Quite simply stated.... I would vomit if this were actually were to happen. Hall is a cancer.

Oviedo
11-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Why not? I think this guy would come in and watch his P's and Q's and help this team. He would absolutely help the team in the return game. If he came here to play he would definately help in the nickel and dime packages. Randy Moss and Jerome Bettis were head cases too.....well Randy still is but.........I'm just sayin' :D

I got to agree. Put him in the Steelers locker room and he could be a model citizen. If he acts up Silverback can eat him.

stlrz d
11-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't recall Bettis being a head case.

I recall the Rams offense changing and them feeling that he wasn't the right guy to run the ball for them.

MeetJoeGreene
11-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Isn't this the guy that Hines outran with one shoe?

SteelerNation1
11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
D Hall is the MOST OVERRATED CB in the league today...possibly one of the most overrated OF ALL TIME! No Thanks.

Need proof? Go back to Denver vs Oakland in this yr's opener. Rookie Eddie Royal torched Hall all night.

RuthlessBurgher
11-07-2008, 11:10 AM

I got to agree. Put him in the Steelers locker room and he could be a model citizen. If he acts up Silverback can kill him then Big Snack can eat him.

Fixed that for you. :wink:

Discipline of Steel
11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Isn't this the guy that Hines outran with one shoe?

Thats funny! I dont think he would get any respect in our locker room. There is a core of players I would never want to see associated with the Steeler name...
meion sanders
terrell owens
michael irvin
rayray lewis
pacman jones
and now meangelo hall

Let him play for the cowboys

Snatch98
11-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Based on everything I'm reading it appears he may be signed for vet minimum. He certainly has a bit of a ego but if we can sign him vet minimum he won't be able to toss his ego around like he has with other teams because of the leadership on ours. I'd like to see him brought in....

Oviedo
11-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Signing him does give us some leverage with Bmac. For that reason alone signing him to the vet minimum would be worth the chance. If he falters Tomlin will not play with him and he will be on his butt ala Santonio.

I get the feeling that Tomlin can deal with guys like this or he will send them packing.

MeetJoeGreene
11-07-2008, 12:18 PM
The Cowboys probably need him more and will pay more

Iron Shiek
11-07-2008, 12:36 PM
I read that the Cheaters are taking a serious look. Apparently they now have one of the worst pass defenses now and got some guys that are hurt. I hope they sign him so Santonio can abuse him when the play.

costanza2k1
11-07-2008, 12:47 PM
The Cowboys probably need him more and will pay more

Funny you say that, my buddies are Cowboys fans and they have pool started on when the Cowboys will sign him. Not based on need but based on his past troubles and how he'll fit right in with the Boys.

Oviedo
11-07-2008, 12:47 PM
If Hall can swing to FS as a back up, then we have the added benefit of getting rid of Tyrone Carter and Anthony Smith.

Shawn
11-07-2008, 12:49 PM
I really believe we could get away with this signing. I believe our team leadership could be contagious. After a few atomic wedgies Hall might get the point. :)

He is a talent...an instant solution in our return game. Not to mention our secondary would be the deepest in the NFL. Can you imagine Ike, Hall, McFadden and Townsend? Are you serious? I think this would be a very good signing if we can get him reasonably.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Signing him does give us some leverage with Bmac. For that reason alone signing him to the vet minimum would be worth the chance. If he falters Tomlin will not play with him and he will be on his butt ala Santonio.

I get the feeling that Tomlin can deal with guys like this or he will send them packing.

Wow, very intriguing and Machiavellian. Just might work! :Bow

RuthlessBurgher
11-07-2008, 01:28 PM
I really believe we could get away with this signing. I believe our team leadership could be contagious. After a few atomic wedgies Hall might get the point. :)

He is a talent...an instant solution in our return game. Not to mention our secondary would be the deepest in the NFL. Can you imagine Ike, Hall, McFadden and Townsend? Are you serious? I think this would be a very good signing if we can get him reasonably.

New England has taken troubled souls like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss and rehabilitated them (somewhat) to become team players. That is not our style, though. We get rid of guys like this. We don't need guys who need to be converted to be team players or who need to be baby-sat by our veterans. When BMac comes back healthy, I am perfectly content with Ike, BMac, Townsend, and Gay as our corners down the stretch. Frankly, although Hall has the physical skills, I would not trust him over any of those 4 guys in our defense.

Oviedo
11-07-2008, 02:08 PM

New England has taken troubled souls like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss and rehabilitated them (somewhat) to become team players. That is not our style, though. We get rid of guys like this. We don't need guys who need to be converted to be team players or who need to be baby-sat by our veterans. When BMac comes back healthy, I am perfectly content with Ike, BMac, Townsend, and Gay as our corners down the stretch. Frankly, although Hall has the physical skills, I would not trust him over any of those 4 guys in our defense.

Remember that Bmac may be no more than a rental player for the remainder of the season. It is doubtful you can get a player like Hall in the draft since you would unlikely look earlier than Round 3 because of OL and DL needs. As I said this may give some leverage negotiating with Bmac who should be our first option.

MeetJoeGreene
11-07-2008, 02:15 PM
I doubt if Hall or the Steelers are considering a long term arrangement. (given the long term $$ he will want).

So we are talking about this year.

IF he will add some legitimate threat to our return game and will come cheap, then I would take him for this year. Punk or not, he will be on his best behaviour hoping for another big $$ contract. If that is a missing piece (which it obviously is) and it puts us over the top... we should do it. Our offense needs ALL the help it can get - including better field position.

And he would be a servicable player in the dime package.

The question is -- who would we cut?

Steeler Mafia
11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I doubt if Hall or the Steelers are considering a long term arrangement. (given the long term $$ he will want).

So we are talking about this year.

IF he will add some legitimate threat to our return game and will come cheap, then I would take him for this year. Punk or not, he will be on his best behaviour hoping for another big $$ contract. If that is a missing piece (which it obviously is) and it puts us over the top... we should do it. Our offense needs ALL the help it can get - including better field position.

And he would be a servicable player in the dime package.

The question is -- who would we cut?

Big Ben......ooops, wrong steelers board. I thought I was on the Trib. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AkronSteel
11-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Well.....he goes to Washington!

stlrz d
11-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Well.....he goes to Washington!

Good!

Lil Danny can over pay for him!