PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network to re-air Steelers at Colts 2005 Playoff game

Iron Shiek
11-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't think I can bare to watch this game...it will feel too real.

From NFL.com:

NFL Classic Games will re-air the Steelers' 21-18 win over the Colts in a 2005 AFC divisional playoff game on Friday, Nov. 7 at 9 p.m. ET.

MeetJoeGreene
11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
DVR will be set!!!

SteelerNation1
11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Besides SB 40, that was the best game I was ever at. I still get sick thinking about it...but I can't wait to rewatch

MeetJoeGreene
11-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Besides SB 40, that was the best game I was ever at. I still get sick thinking about it...but I can't wait to rewatch

I bet that you yelled during those last five minutes. Just a little.

SteelerNation1
11-06-2008, 05:12 PM

I bet that you yelled during those last five minutes. Just a little.
Just a little...actually, I yelled, laughed, screamed, cried, laughed again, celebrated, ****, screamed, celebrated, cried...WHAT A GAME!

Iron Shiek
11-06-2008, 05:18 PM
That is probably the hardest game to watch in all of my fandom. There was a lot of emotion that day. But what pains me is the moment the ref overturned that Troy INT or whatever that situation was and I yelled so loud I scared my kids into little balls under the end table. I think my daughter might have teared up. And there was still so much game left!

I don't think I can watch it again, as awesome as it was in the end...its too painstaking for me.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-06-2008, 05:25 PM
That was one of the best Steeler days in my life. Can't say it beats XL, but man it is pretty darn close. We were in an incredible Steeler bar, and we all showed up feeling that we had shown courage finishing out the season, but that this was as far as it was going to go.

Then as the game went on, we just started getting more and more excited, that's not even the word, it was like we were inmates in an asylum. That defense was just incredible.

Then the fumble, I can still feel the pain as if I were there. We must have been giving a bunch of games away in the 4th quarter that year, because all of a sudden we felt like we'd been exposed, and now we were going to get what we deserved all along the whole time.

Then the missed kick ...

And then on that last drive, I'm pretty sure it was a rookie named B-Mac who broke up two fade passes to the left corner by Peyton Manning, and then that was game.

The whole bar exploded, and to this day my son (now 15 years old) remembers my calling him from the bar and holding the phone up in the air for him to listen. He said it sounded like one solid wall of noise, which of course is what the celebration was.

To me the Superbowl XL was more of a hold your breath affair, it's like we were supposed to win so don't blow it. But that Colts game ... I'd be surprised if I ever see a game like that again.

SN1 - you are one fortunate dude to have been there. Holy Sh*t!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rambling ... I do that when I get emotional!