PDA

View Full Version : Theismann: Titans will go undefeated

RKSteel
11-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Theismann: Titans will go undefeated
The Titans are just halfway to the 16-0 mark the New England Patriots achieved for the first time in league history last year. But more pundits are climbing on their bandwagon.

The latest is former Monday Night Football analyst Joe Theismann, who said Wednesday that he thinks the Titans will not lose in 2008.

"Tennessee will go undefeated," Theismann said as a guest analyst on Showtime's Inside the NFL.

"I’ll couch it a little bit. It depends on what Jeff Fisher wants to do when they are 14-0. It depends. If he sits everyone against Indianapolis and Indianapolis needs that game in the last game of the season it’s different."

The 4-4 Colts, on the schedule for Week 17, may face an uphill climb to the playoffs and could need a win vs. the Titans to clinch a postseason bid that week.

Theismann said Tennessee's defense, currently surrendering a league-low 12.9 points per game, combined with the team's soft second-half schedule, creates a favorable opportunity for an unbeaten run.

"Look at who they are playing," he said. "Who is going to score against the Tennessee Titans? Take a look at that schedule. It is a schedule that I think favors them to dominate defensively…Chicago, change in quarterback; Jacksonville, injuries; Jets, Detroit; Browns and Texans, who is going to score?"

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/200 ... titan.html (http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2008/11/theismann-titan.html)
=====================
I guess he forgot the Steelers play the Titans in Wk 16.

Jooser
11-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Theisman should shut his pie-hole before someone rolls up on his leg. :shock:

costanza2k1
11-06-2008, 02:03 PM
I saw when he said this he looked at the schedule and just passed the Steelers without even mentioning them. They won't be able to run or score on us, that's for sure. Our jacked up O will score more than them. Loser.

Discipline of Steel
11-06-2008, 02:08 PM
That is why the former MNF analyst is now a guest analyst on Showtime. IMHO, there has never been anyone worse when it comes to over-glorifying non-Steeler football heros.

Iron Shiek
11-06-2008, 02:10 PM
He has to say outrageous $hit to keep his name in the spotlight and have writers mention his name. He got booted from the booth and this is what he amounts to. He's been a douche anyway, so this doesn't surprise me. Primo Douchebaggery.

steelernation77
11-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Theismann has always been a huge idiot

RuthlessBurgher
11-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Whenever referring to him, make sure you pronounce his name THEES-man, because that is how you are supposed to say that name.

He had the audacity to change the pronunciation of his last name in college to accommodate the rhyme scheme for a "Theismann for Heisman" campaign.

That is the definition of douchebaggery right there.

motter1975
11-06-2008, 05:46 PM
He's such a pompous ass, and I disagree that the Titans will go undefeated. Not that they're not a good team, they are, but I really do believe they'll lose at least one this year, probably more. And the combined record of the teams they have played so far this year is 25 and 40, for a win percentage of .384. Their remaining opponents are 29 and 35, for a win percentage of .453. So far, they have played one team that currently has a winning record (Baltimore), three with .500 records (Minnesota, Indianapolis, and Green Bay) and four with losing records (Jacksonville, Cincinatti, Houston, and Kansas City). For the remainder of the year, they play three teams that currently have winning records (Chicago, NY Jets, and Pittsburgh), one with a .500 recorxd (Indianapolis) and four with loosing records (Jacksonville, Detroit, Cleveland, and Houston). And two of those losing teams are divisional opponents. So, I think someone is going to knock them off. The last half of the season is harder, for one, and they're not flying under the radar any longer, so teams will be preparing hard for them.

I think if you can shut down their run, and not make mistakes on offense, you can beat them. Their defense is playing very well, but I think they are very beatable.

Ozey74
11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Theismann is a tool. All the more reason that I will be pulling for the Bears this week.

AngryAsian
11-07-2008, 04:20 AM
Put the crack pipe down, Joe. There's a reason why you were 86d from MNF... because your insight is about as crystal as Mr. Magoo's eye sight.