PDA

View Full Version : Ben starting...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08310/925609-100.stm

Those fools who keep posting he is out for the year,or Lefty is the better qb--SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!

Jooser
11-05-2008, 10:48 PM
I've yet to hear ANYONE say Lefty is better around here. I've heard alot of folks advocate for Ben to sit for a week and heal up a little - that's all. And I agree. :?

MeetJoeGreene
11-05-2008, 10:55 PM
That article says "day to day" ... where did you infer that he is starting?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
11-05-2008, 11:04 PM
I've yet to hear ANYONE say Lefty is better around here. I've heard alot of folks advocate for Ben to sit for a week and heal up a little - that's all. And I agree. :?

I have been reading over at pitt live to much. The chat and feeling for Ben is much better on this site. I hate almost going over there at all anymore!

Iron Shiek
11-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I think I posted that article in another thread...but I saw a different article as well (and posted it also) where Tim Benz said Ben has a torn thumb ligament on non-throwing hand. That combined with shoulder pain = possibility that he may not play this week. But knowing Ben, he will suck it up.

I've heard some media people say he "over-plays" his injuries. I find that hard to believe, but you never know.

Discipline of Steel
11-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I dont know, I believe that most football players want to compete unless they have an injury that limits them...pain and bruises dont count. Sounds like the non-throwing hand doesnt limit him and his shoulder is no different than before. I think he will play...With Leftwich keeping warm on the sideline.

RuthlessBurgher
11-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I think I posted that article in another thread...but I saw a different article as well (and posted it also) where Tim Benz said Ben has a torn thumb ligament on non-throwing hand. That combined with shoulder pain = possibility that he may not play this week. But knowing Ben, he will suck it up.

I've heard some media people say he "over-plays" his injuries. I find that hard to believe, but you never know.

"Over-plays" my @$$. Playing behind that o-line, you expect him to get another injury or two every freakin' week.

Iron Shiek
11-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah I can't remember where I heard that. I am pretty sure it was on ESPN radio (possibly Tirico) and the person said that around NFL circles (i.e. players/coaches, etc) that Ben might be a bit of a drama queen or whatever. I have never heard it anywhere else though so not sure what specifically the person was referring to.