PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Wounded...Ben update

Iron Shiek
11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Alot of guys missing practice is not a good thing...lets hope they are back tomorrow.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/05/game-time-decision-for-roethlisberger/

GAME-TIME DECISION FOR ROETHLISBERGER?
Posted by Mike Florio on November 5, 2008, 4:07 p.m. EST
Our pal Tim Benz of WXDX in Pittsburgh tells us that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had his right arm in a sling and his left thumb in a brace on Wednesday.

An MRI supposedly showed no additional significant damage to the shoulder, which originally was injured in Week One and became aggravated on Monday night.

Roethlisberger has torn ligaments in his non-throwing thumb, and he didn’t rule out the possibility of surgery after the season. He originally suffered the thumb injury during Week Eight, against the Giants.

Coach Mike Tomlin said that Roethlisberger’s availability for Sunday’s game against the Colts could come down to a game-time decision.

Benz also tells us that tight end Heath Miller was limping in a walking boot, and that “a ton of guys didn’t practice.”

Safety Troy Polamalu cut his thumb during practice.

steelblood
11-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm sure a lot of the vets needed some rest.

Iron Shiek
11-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Here is another update about his MRI results...this is positive at least:

Steelers: Roethlisberger gets MRI results

11/05/08 03:30 PM
THE NEWS
Ben Roethlisberger's MRI revealed no structural damage in his throwing shoulder, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He remains day-to-day and coach Mike Tomlin said, "His injury status is no different. The MRI was very similar if not the same as it has been."
Our View
Roethlisberger commented after practice that he wants to play against the Colts Sunday, but will have to see how his shoulder responds as the week moves along. Byron Leftwich would start if Roethlisberger is unable to go.

Iron Shiek
11-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Crikee. We should just have stickied an injury update thread for the year...can't beleive that never happened. Anyway some new injuries and a Ben Update:

Parker has new injury Thursday 11/6, 8:05 AM CT

Willie Parker has returned from his sprained knee, but is now dealing with a shoulder ailment, sustained in Monday's win over the Redskins, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Coach Mike Tomlin said, "I think that he is going to be fine. Hopefully, he can come in here and be ready to practice tomorrow. We didn't let him practice today. We will see where he is in the morning."

Spaeth practices Thursday 11/6, 8:09 AM CT

Matt Spaeth is nursing a wrist injury, but was able to practice Wednesday, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He said, "It'll be fine."

Still no decision about him playing though due to his shoulder:

Roethlisberger will wear brace Thursday 11/6, 12:55 PM CT

Ben Roethlisberger will wear a brace on his injured left thumb for the next two months, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He tore a ligament in the thumb during the October 26 game against the Giants.

Iron Shiek
11-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Oh for crying out loud!

Steelers: Parker misses practice

11/06/08 02:48 PM
THE NEWS
Willie Parker missed Thursday's practice due to a shoulder injury and is in jeopardy of possibly missing Week 10 against the Colts, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Our View
If Parker is unable to go, Mewelde Moore would handle the bulk of the workload in a favorable match-up against the Colts' 25th ranked run defense. We will keep you posted on Parker's status.

SteelTorch
11-06-2008, 06:36 PM
:HeadBanger

I say start Leftwich anyway. The way our injuries are piling up, I'd rather have a 100% Roethlisberger than risk aggravating it even more.

Iron Shiek
11-06-2008, 08:14 PM
:HeadBanger

I say start Leftwich anyway. The way our injuries are piling up, I'd rather have a 100% Roethlisberger than risk aggravating it even more.

Yeah but if rest isn't going to make it better (like everyone around the Steelers keep saying) then I say roll him out there.

Iron Shiek
11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Woodley now.

Steelers: Woodley misses practice

11/07/08 08:17 AM
THE NEWS
LaMarr Woodley missed Thursday's practice while dealing with his calf ailment, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Our View
He is still expected to play this weekend against the Colts. Woodley is the MVP of the Steelers' defense so far, as he contributed 9.5 sacks, three fumble recoveries, and one interception.

And since when was Ward's knee injured, i thought it was his shoulder?

Steelers: Ward misses practice

11/07/08 08:14 AM
THE NEWS
Hines Ward will not practice Thursday while nursing his knee injury, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Our View
He is expected to play this weekend in a potentially high-scoring game against the Colts.

It appears likely both will play though...lets just get the jv team out there, geez. :roll: