PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Release DeAngelo Hall

Jooser
11-05-2008, 09:25 AM
I just saw this on ESPN News. They didn't say if it was performance, health or some other issue. Just wondering, with all of our injuries in the secondary, is he worth taking a look at? Heck, for a return man if nothing else. Just thought I'd throw that bone out there.

-the Jooser :mrgreen:

Oviedo
11-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I heard last night they were doing it because of cap reasons to dump the salary. IIRC Kiffin was the one who pushed for Hall and Hall was a public supporter of Kiffin. This sounds like Al David cutting off his nose to spite his face as an act of revenge.

Hall won't sign cheap. His return ability would be a huge benefit to this team. He would also be insurance against Bmac leaving.

AngryAsian
11-05-2008, 09:32 AM
I'll pass, bro. The mouth supersedes the talent. And most definitely not worth the paycheck he demands.

RussBII
11-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I'll pass, bro. The mouth supersedes the talent. And most definitely not worth the paycheck he demands.

Hell no I wouldn't want this kid. He's a bit of a nut job. Remember that game where he got two, or was it three, unsportsmanlike penalties on back to back (to back?) plays? No thanks.

Sign B-Mac, keep Ike... and we're good at CB

Ghost
11-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Abso****inglutely NOT!! Total piece of sh/t when he played for the Falcons. Ran his mouth and NEVER backed it up. Disrspected coaches and other players. The Falcons threw a party when he left. He was seen as a major contributor to what a complete mess they were last season.

Jooser
11-05-2008, 10:12 AM
OK, sorry. :wft

rpmpit
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
OK, sorry. :wft

:lol: :lol:

But like AS said, the talent is there - but so is the attitude. Same reason we wouldn't want a T.O. or a Moss.

Oviedo
11-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Not done yet

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3683124

It appears Cable is just a butt boy to do Al Davis' dirty work. Who in their right mind would ever want to go to the Raiders. College kids should have the ability to sue for damages if the raiders draft them.

stlrz d
11-05-2008, 03:04 PM
NO.

I didn't even read the thread. Saw the name, knew what it was about and the answer is no.

Ghost
11-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I always considered any college player who held out or threatened to never play for a team if they drafted him a real douche bag and someone who took for granted the athletic gifts he was given allowing him such an oportunity. Low Character.

In total seriousness - if a kid came out next year and said - 'I'll never dresss for the Raiders" I'd not only agree with him, I'd consider him someone with his head on straight.

When does Goodell and/or the owther owners step in to this embarassing situation?

rpmpit
11-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I always considered any college player who held out or threatened to never play for a team if they drafted him a real douche bag and someone who took for granted the athletic gifts he was given allowing him such an oportunity. Low Character.

In total seriousness - if a kid came out next year and said - 'I'll never dresss for the Raiders" I'd not only agree with him, I'd consider him someone with his head on straight.

When does Goodell and/or the owther owners step in to this embarassing situation?

I'd imagine they're just hoping Davis kicks soon. No way he gives up control of the team otherwise. Remember those old t-shirts and bumper stickers that said, "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"? Well, replace gun with Raiders and that's what's going on in Oakland.

Does anyone know if Davis has a kid or kids that will inherit the team?

RuthlessBurgher
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM

I'd imagine they're just hoping Davis kicks soon. No way he gives up control of the team otherwise. Remember those old t-shirts and bumper stickers that said, "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"? Well, replace gun with Raiders and that's what's going on in Oakland.

I looked it up on Yahoo answers, and the best answer they gave was:

"they are busy running Hell

they probably have hooves"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, it appears he has a son that has no interest in football.

rpmpit
11-05-2008, 04:14 PM

I looked it up on Yahoo answers, and the best answer they gave was:

"they are busy running Hell

they probably have hooves"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, it appears he has a son that has no interest in football.

Well than I guess that's the answer. Davis dies and his son sells off the team.

For now we can just sit back, enjoy the show and thank God we're not Raider fans!!!

Iron Shiek
11-05-2008, 04:30 PM
SERIOUSLY.

HOW THE HE!L DOES EVERYONE THAT WATCHES FOOTBALL KNOW HOW BAD OF A DEAL THE RAIDERS WERE MAKING FOR HALL, BUT THE RAIDERS BRASS THEMSELVES.

Now they are cutting him. Didn't they trade some picks not to mention all the money they sunk into Hall.

For pete's sake. I know its Al Davis...but geez.

Oviedo
11-05-2008, 04:49 PM
SERIOUSLY.

HOW THE HE!L DOES EVERYONE THAT WATCHES FOOTBALL KNOW HOW BAD OF A DEAL THE RAIDERS WERE MAKING FOR HALL, BUT THE RAIDERS BRASS THEMSELVES.

Now they are cutting him. Didn't they trade some picks not to mention all the money they sunk into Hall.

For pete's sake. I know its Al Davis...but geez.

I think a 2nd round pick. The Raiders are more disfunctional than the Bumgals.

pittpete
11-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Can he punt? :idea: