PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Game Balls: Week 8

SteelTorch
11-04-2008, 12:54 AM
All I can say is: thank God, Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Odin, and Joseph and his technicolor dreamcoat for our defense. :Steel

OFFENSE:

Leftwhich, for stepping up nicely for Big Ben in the second half.

Parker and Moore both get an honorable mention, because both did decently tonight.

Not really a game ball, but Ben does deserve some credit since he wasn't getting any help.

DEFENSE:

I think this goes to our entire freaking defense, because they all played lights-out tonight. I'll say it, they're the reason we won tonight. :tt2

Special teams evaluation:

They looked great except for Reed's botched kick and Holmes' lackluster return game. That blocked punt was SICK and proved to be the turning point. I think Frazier deserves a game ball just for that. 8)

Lame balls go to our entire receiving corps for stinking it up in the first half.

Overall, I love our D but our offense, particularly our passing game, HAS to be better at putting teams away early. I know we can finish strong if we have to, but I'd rather not see us do it every single game. Ben also needs to learn to throw the ball away quicker, especially when there's a RB in the flat. Running game looked pretty decent, and I think we have a lot of potential to be way better than we are now, if it weren't for BA calling the plays. Anyway, great win, Steelers! :Beer

PS: After this season, I do not want to EVER see another Bengal fan whining about a bad season because of injuries. :?

Mel Blount's G
11-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Frazier blocked the punt not Gay

Agreed about the entire D. Pass rush and coverage was great all night. Portis gashed a couple of runs but other than that, nuttin'

buckeyehoppy
11-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Big Road Win For The Good Guys!!!

Lots of game balls after a bumpy start!!!

OFFENSE

Lefty: What can be said about Byron? Like a reliever coming into a one-run game and shutting the door. He has nice confidence for a guy coming off the bench. Thanks to the Falcons for hanging him out on the line.

FWP: 21 carries for 70 yards coming back from yet another injury. Tough as nails tonight.

DEFENSE

Fiddy-one, Jimmy Hate, Smitty, LT, LAY THE WOOD(ley), and Nicky E.: All get game balls because all had at least half a sack and, in the case of Fiddy-one, he led the team in tackles.

SPECIAL TEAMS

AFrazier: Blocked the kick that set up the first TD. That blocked kick turned the tide of the game.

A great win on the road against a pretty good defensive team. The Steelers have three homers in a row. They must win at least two and all three will set the table for a punishing run to the playoffs.

SteelTorch
11-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Frazier blocked the punt not Gay

Agreed about the entire D. Pass rush and coverage was great all night. Portis gashed a couple of runs but other than that, nuttin'
Thanks. It's been corrected. 8)

stlrz d
11-04-2008, 01:12 AM
I give one to the whole team and our over rated coach. :D

Great win! Dominating win!

steelblood
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Offense-

Arians- That's right. He called a good game. He kept the QBs slinging the ball deep and that won the game. Meanwhile, the Redskins stayed conservative and lost. The pass intereference on Ward and the deep pass to Washington were huge plays. Further, Moore released to the flat or the middle and was open many times.

Lefty- gutsy, great deep ball and long out to holmes on the third and long. he is a great backup and I hope we can resign him for another year.

Hartwig- did a nice job sealing in the run game and pass protecting.

Defense-

Lebeau- He called a great game. I like how he pressured with only four sometimes and dropped back into coverage.

As others have said, everybody was good. I'd give one to Ike Taylor. He really blanketed his man well and played intelligently. Woodley, Farrior, and Harrison.

Special teams

Frazier

Other-

Tomlin - the onside didn't work, but it was a great call and should have worked. He allowed both sides of the ball to stay aggressive and take the fight to the home team (the only way to play on the road).