PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we are just the Trent Dilfer Ravens?

Iron Shiek
11-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Seriously. An absolutely pathetic Offense with a brutal, nasty defense?

I shutter at that thought, but the offense is ridiculously and comically pathetic.

The bad thing (and major difference) is our offense is 50 million times more talented than that offense ever was. So :wft ?

We can pound on Arians like everyone else...that is getting old. At some point the players gotta be accountable for the execution. Sure the playcalling is questionable at times, but I'm not seeing any execution. I'm sorry all you Arians haters, you can't pin this horrible production on him this week. The team is just not executing.

Thoughts?

Mel Blount's G
11-03-2008, 11:20 PM
DILLfer probably had a better oline

Jigawatts
11-03-2008, 11:22 PM
This has got to be one of the worst offensive lines in the history of football. Is Starks
trying to single handedly lose the game?

Iron Shiek
11-03-2008, 11:26 PM
This has got to be one of the worst offensive lines in the history of football. Is Starks
trying to single handedly lose the game?

Right. I'm not really trying to compare the offenses player for player....but results wise is where I am going with this. I mean I guess we are a leg up since we haven't gone on that crazy three or four game streak of winning without scoring an offensive touchdown. But, yes the lines are not comparable, Ravens had better line, we have waaaaaay better skill players, and Ben is in another league compared to Dilfer. What I am trying to say is that we can't freakin score. They couldn't score. The D carries them and is carrying us. Its the halfway point of the season, I'm really done with the expecations of our offense figuring this thing out. And it starts with the pathetic O-Line.

KNOCK THE BALL DOWN STARKS!!! :wft ARE YOU DUCKING AT. DOES THE BALL HAVE SOME KIND OF DISEASE YOU IDIOT!

SteelTorch
11-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Not even close to being Trent Dilfer-esque. Our offense isn't exactly top 10, but we're better than that.

That said, I think our O has a lot of potential to be better.

Iron Shiek
11-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Well the big plays are nice....but going 1 for 11 isn't exactly tearing it up. The Redskins D isn't that good, and for Ben to struggle that bad, our offense has serious issues.

Its good that we can bust open a big play here or there, but I'd really like to see some consistency.

SteelTorch
11-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Well the big plays are nice....but going 1 for 11 isn't exactly tearing it up. The Redskins D isn't that good, and for Ben to struggle that bad, our offense has serious issues.

Its good that we can bust open a big play here or there, but I'd really like to see some consistency.
Ben wasn't struggling as much as the receivers were. I counted easily between 5-7 dropped passes.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but are you seriously comparing Ben to Dilfer? If you are, come on.

kennyes
11-04-2008, 04:16 AM
DILLfer probably had a better oline

Dilweed might of had a better line but not as many weapons either. Arians needs to better manage...

Flasteel
11-04-2008, 07:47 AM

I shutter at that thought, but the offense is ridiculously and comically pathetic.

The bad thing (and major difference) is our offense is 50 million times more talented than that offense ever was. So :wft ?

We can pound on Arians like everyone else...that is getting old. At some point the players gotta be accountable for the execution. Sure the playcalling is questionable at times, but I'm not seeing any execution. I'm sorry all you Arians haters, you can't pin this horrible production on him this week. The team is just not executing.

Thoughts?

I'm a card-carrying Arians basher and I pretty much agree with this. Last night it was more execution than anything. The receivers had a horrible game and a couple of Ben's throws were off the mark. The pass protection wasn't the worst it's been, but it still was lacking in my opinion. That said, did anyone at any point sit there and go wow, nice play call?

We still have no imagination on offense, but I agree execution was very poor last night.

proudpittsburgher
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I agree with the dropped [passes. None of the were easy, but at some point, you have to hang on to the ball. Santonio looked real iffy on a lot of the balls thrown his way last night. I really believe this offense will come together down the stretch for a good playoff run, which is a good thing. Because I don't know how much longer this defense can continue to play at this level.

Iron Shiek
11-04-2008, 09:42 AM

Ben wasn't struggling as much as the receivers were. I counted easily between 5-7 dropped passes.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but are you seriously comparing Ben to Dilfer? If you are, come on.

Well I'll correct you then:

Right. I'm not really trying to compare the offenses player for player....but results wise is where I am going with this.
and

, and Ben is in another league compared to Dilfer.

So no I wasn't comparing Ben to Dilfer. And I didn't pin it all on Ben. His stats bore out the fact that the entire team's performance just sucked in the first half.

papillon
11-04-2008, 09:52 AM

They both have won one super bowl. :stirpot

Pappy

Oviedo
11-04-2008, 10:04 AM

Thoughts?

I'm a card-carrying Arians basher and I pretty much agree with this. Last night it was more execution than anything. The receivers had a horrible game and a couple of Ben's throws were off the mark. The pass protection wasn't the worst it's been, but it still was lacking in my opinion. That said, did anyone at any point sit there and go wow, nice play call?

We still have no imagination on offense, but I agree execution was very poor last night.

What is the metric for "a good play call?" How do you evaluate that. Whatever the play when it works it is good when it doesn't it is bad. The difference between good and bad is usually 20% play call and 80% execution. That's on the players not the OC.

Not sure I know what a play is with "imagination" is but we tried an end around that did not work.