PDA

View Full Version : Keys to beating the Redskins' D:

SteelTorch
11-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Tonight we face another good defense, although not as good as that we faced last Sunday. From what I can see, the Redskins don't have a good D-line but their secondary makes up for it:

NFL Stats:

4th in total defense.

6th in run defense.

11th in pass defense.

24th in Interceptions

29th in sacks.

CHFF Stats:

9th in defensive passer rating (how well the QB throws on their D)

14th in yards per rush attempt allowed.

17th overall defensive line ranking.

It seems that their secondary is great in coverage, but not great at turnovers. The way I see it, this may very well come down to how well our receivers can beat the single coverage, because their D-line isn't that great at pressuring. I could see us mixing it up between the pass and the rush to keep them off balance. As long as we avoid turnovers and can beat the tight coverage, we should be fine. :wink:

PS: Apologies for the MSM-like post. :D

Iron Shiek
11-03-2008, 03:22 PM
You didn't mix in YPA and yell at everyone for being shortminded so you won't earn a spot in the Lesion of Doom. :lol: (just playin, me and MSM had some good statistical discussions...except for the time he brought stats out that stated something to the effect of the team that gets more yards wins or whatever...he lost me there)

Anyway, from everything I read and heard, the Skins have zero pass rush. If our line struggles to keep Ben upright tonight then we are certainly in trouble. Now, they may have good pass coverage which undoubtedly will lead to some eventual pressure, but seriuosly. Their DL isn't nearly the caliber of some that we have face throughout the season. Please keep him clean and let him sling! For the love of God, use HEATH you HEATH-etARIAN(s)!!!

steelblood
11-03-2008, 06:03 PM
All of their corners are a little dinged up. Springs is out. Rogers and ???? are probable and questionable. Hopefully, it will affect their play.