PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think the Clowns beat the Shtbirds today?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Hard to root for either, but both at 4-4 is better than Ravens at 5-3.

You guys think it can happen?

blacknblue80s
11-02-2008, 10:23 AM
The Browns have a very good o-line, if Derek Anderson doesn't implode the Browns could definately win this one.

motter1975
11-02-2008, 10:26 AM
I picked the Browns to win in both of my pick-em games this week...I think they could do it. Almost hope they don't though...they've won 3 of their last 4...hate to see them gain momentum! :evil:

stlrz d
11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Yes. Their offense is playing better, they get K2 back and the Ravens secondary is decimated by injuries.

I think it will be a bit of a blow out actually. Browns by 10 probably.

buckeyehoppy
11-02-2008, 11:49 AM
The Clowns have to win to have even a remote chance down the stretch. They would be 4-4 with a win and have road games remaining with Buffalo, Tennessee, Philly and the Steelers. It's a good bet that they won't win any of those, even though they need at least one to factor into the playoff equation.

And I wouldn't be so sure that Denver, Indy or even Houston are a slam dunk for the Clowns at home. They would need to win all three to be anywhere in the playoff picture. FWIW, if the Clowns lose any remaining home games they can kiss the playoffs goodbye. So, for the Clowns, today's game is essentially a playoff game.

Let's just say that they need to win. Will they? I think they will. They should win divisional home games, but are already behind in that column because the Steelers own the Clowns. The Rattards aren't the Steelers...the Clowns should win as a result.

AkronSteel
11-02-2008, 01:04 PM
If the Browns can't run they won't win. When DA is under pressure or feels like he is under pressure he folds like a deck of cards. I don't really care who wins the game today, obviously it would help the Steelers if the Browns were able to pull off the victory but I have a feeling that they won't. It's a big game and the Browns always play like crap when the cards are on the table. Ravens 17-10...........Troy Smith will make a difference against his hometown team. :2c

buckeyehoppy
11-02-2008, 02:00 PM
If the Browns can't run they won't win. When DA is under pressure or feels like he is under pressure he folds like a deck of cards. I don't really care who wins the game today, obviously it would help the Steelers if the Browns were able to pull off the victory but I have a feeling that they won't. It's a big game and the Browns always play like crap when the cards are on the table. Ravens 17-10...........Troy Smith will make a difference against his hometown team. :2c

The Clowns probably won't run on the Rattards, but they'll probably torch the 'Tards secondary. But the same will probably go for the 'Tards against the Clowns D.

I'd expect a high scoring game and I figure the Clowns will enjoy HFA to win. But there is one irrefutable truth about this game:

:ratsuck :brownssuck

stlrz d
11-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Looks like the Browns passing game is taking advantage of the awful Ravens secondary.

buckeyehoppy
11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
:brownssuck :ratsuck

This game is a joke. The Clowns are a joke. They had the Rattards by the short and curlies and allowed them to bring 17 unanswered on their home turf.

I was right about this being a high scoring game. 57 points and counting right now. That beats the over. Does that make me smarter than MLM (Mr. LoseMonies)?

All the Rattards need to do at this point is just get first downs and kill clock. They have the lead.

buckeyehoppy
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM

This game is a joke. The Clowns are a joke. They had the Rattards by the short and curlies and allowed them to bring 17 unanswered on their home turf.

I was right about this being a high scoring game. 57 points and counting right now. That beats the over. Does that make me smarter than MLM (Mr. LoseMonies)?

All the Rattards need to do at this point is just get first downs and kill clock. They have the lead.

UPDATE:

Not even the 'Tards can move the ball at the Moment of Truth. But the 'Tards D CAN. Better to be lucky, than good.

132 straight attempts that DA doesn't throw a pick and he chunks one and the Drunken Nation (aka Clowns Fan) starts chanting "Brady, Brady". Gee, the Rattards have given up 27 on D. Who's to say that DA won't be able to come back?...

buckeyehoppy
11-02-2008, 05:21 PM

UPDATE:

Not even the 'Tards can move the ball at the Moment of Truth. But the 'Tards D CAN. Better to be lucky, than good.

132 straight attempts that DA doesn't throw a pick and he chunks one and the Drunken Nation (aka Clowns Fan) starts chanting "Brady, Brady". Gee, the Rattards have given up 27 on D. Who's to say that DA won't be able to come back?...

UPDATE:

...guess not :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's official...

:brownssuck

The "#2" D in the league gives up 27 to the Clowns on the road. The Steelers gave up 6. Guess that why the Steelers are #1 on D. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

:ratsuck

P.S. Hey JHans, can we change the Clowns smiley to "The Clowns Suck"? The shoe definitely fits and so does the moniker.

stlrz d
11-02-2008, 06:50 PM
That Braylon Edwards drop proved to be HUGE!

Iron Shiek
11-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah those clowns hosed us in a way...i don't know do we rather have one team with the same record as us or two teams breathing down our necks. We lose tihs game and rats have same record as us...good thing we only lose to nfc east teams. lets turn that trend around.

buckeyehoppy
11-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah those clowns hosed us in a way...i don't know do we rather have one team with the same record as us or two teams breathing down our necks. We lose tihs game and rats have same record as us...good thing we only lose to nfc east teams. lets turn that trend around.

Well, the Steelers need to make amends for the Giants game and what better time to do that than the week after the fact on the road against one of their divisional foes?

I'm not too concerned about the Rattards as long as the Steelers can hold serve in their remaining home games and win out in the division. That would give them another 6 wins on top of the 5 they have now. 11 wins takes the division straight up.

The road game in B-more will prove to be the toughest, but the Steelers will also need to put an exclamation point on the season by dropping another hammer on the Clowns.

Wins against the Deadskins, Pats* and Titans are bonus money if they win out in the division and at home. That's also NOT that far-fetched a notion, but I'd like to see them win at least one of those three to show that they can compete against playoff caliber competition.

Jigawatts
11-03-2008, 05:41 AM

Idiots. They should be calling for someone to replace Edwards. If he catches that ball
DA wins the game. Hey stat people, could you drum up some stats of Cleveland Browns
first round pick Braylon Edwards vs. undrafted free agent Nate Washington.

It's great to be a Steelers fan. :D

:brownssuck

RuthlessBurgher
11-03-2008, 12:28 PM
You mean like Braylon having 26 catches for 457 yards (17.6 average) and 3 TD's in 8 games (8 starts) vs. Nate having 16 catches for 290 yards (18.1 average) and 3 TD's in 7 games (1 start). Not to mention that Nate would have another TD and about 50 more yards if not for yet another Colon holding penalty last game. Something like that?

MeetJoeGreene
11-03-2008, 12:57 PM
You mean like Braylon having 26 catches for 457 yards (17.6 average) and 3 TD's in 8 games (8 starts) vs. Nate having 16 catches for 290 yards (18.1 average) and 3 TD's in 7 games (1 start). Not to mention that Nate would have another TD and about 50 more yards if not for yet another Colon holding penalty last game. Something like that?

No. No. No.

Those are just "normal statistics" that to most people "make sense".

What we need are MSM statistics.

Aren't you buddies with him?

RuthlessBurgher
11-03-2008, 01:07 PM

No. No. No.

Okay, then. Braylon Edwards has a DPAR of 5.2 and a DVOA of 1.6% while Nate Washington has a DPAR of 6.4 and a DVOA of 2.3%. By the way, those numbers have been totally made up and I have no idea what they would mean anyway, even if they were legit, which they are not. Does that help at all?

MeetJoeGreene
11-03-2008, 01:09 PM

No. No. No.

Okay, then. Braylon Edwards has a DPAR of 5.2 and a DVOA of 1.6% while Nate Washington has a DPAR of 6.4 and a DVOA of 2.3%. By the way, those numbers have been totally made up and I have no idea what they would mean anyway, even if they were legit, which they are not. Does that help at all?

NOW you are talling!!! DPAR- schmee-PAR. All that proves is that Ben is a great Quarterback. If you look at the DPAR FOLLOWING and MPOT -- Washington's DPAR would go to 8.6, proving that Ben is the real reason for the season.

costanza2k1
11-03-2008, 01:29 PM

No. No. No.

NOW you are talling!!! DPAR- schmee-PAR. All that proves is that Ben is a great Quarterback. If you look at the DPAR FOLLOWING and MPOT -- Washington's DPAR would go to 8.6, proving that Ben is the real reason for the season.

Interesting, what are our FUBAR statistics for our Oline compared to Washington's?

MeetJoeGreene
11-03-2008, 01:32 PM

No. No. No.

Interesting, what are our FUBAR statistics for our Oline compared to Washington's?

I believe that we leed the league in O-Line FUBARs -- by far.

Iron Shiek
11-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Freakin comedy!

:D :D :D