PDA

View Full Version : Monday keeps getting more interesting.

Zigs
10-31-2008, 01:30 PM
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/the-latest-steelers-buzz-essex-to-start/3161/

Iron Shiek
10-31-2008, 01:37 PM
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/the-latest-steelers-buzz-essex-to-start/3161/
:wft Geez it never ends. Anybody know how to pour and hand out water? I fear we will be down a water boy by next week.

stlrz d
10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
The Latest Steelers Buzz; Essex to start?
11:25am - Friday, October 31st, 2008 by depaoli
Chris Kemoeatu did not practice today and has a noticable limp. I'm hearing he has an ankle injury but there has been no word from Steelers headquarters. The Steelers are concerned and we may see Trai Essex start Monday night.
Marvel Smith missed practice today and as I stated yesterday don't count on him playing. There is more to his back spasms than the coaching staff is saying.Troy Polamalu was not on the practice field but he is not injured.
The good news for the Steelers is Casey Hampton and LaMarr Woodley are practicing. Both players have been nursing injuries. Woodley with a calf injury and Hampton with turf toe.
The Steelers coaching staff has talked about using Willie Parker and Mewelde Moore as a one-two-punch this week. I'm hearing 12-15 touches for Parker.
Aaron Smith did miss practice yesterday and has been in and out for the past two weeks due to personal reasons but the Steelers do expect him to play
Santonio Holmes has had a very good week of practice. Seems motivated for a big game Monday night.
Punter Mitch Berger did punt today but there is still no word whether he will play. The Steelers added punter Ricky Schmitt to the practice squad this week.

rpmpit
10-31-2008, 02:12 PM
I almost don't want to jinx us by saying this, but...

With all the injuries, its absolutely MIRACULOUS that Ben is healthy. The guy is definitely blessed.

Don't worry, I'm currently knocking on wood and touching iron. FYI, touching iron is the Italian equivalent of knocking on wood.

AngryAsian
10-31-2008, 02:19 PM

With all the injuries, its absolutely MIRACULOUS that Ben is healthy. The guy is definitely blessed.

Don't worry, I'm currently knocking on wood and touching iron. FYI, touching iron is the Italian equivalent of knocking on wood.

If you don't stop, you'll go blind. Not to mention you'll need a new keyboard. :lol:

Iron Shiek
10-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Okay, well it potentially can get worse i suppose:

Troy Polamalu's wife is close to delivering a baby boy and he wouldn't commit Thursday to playing on Monday night if she goes into labor.

"I don’t know. We’ll see what happens," Polamalu said. "She's due soon...any time now." Steelers coach Mike Tomlin typically makes exceptions for players tending to personal matters and is supportive. However, the odds that Polamalu's wife has the baby just before game time probably aren't all that great. The couple is planning to name their son Paisios.
Source: Allegheny Times Online

rpmpit
10-31-2008, 02:31 PM

If you don't stop, you'll go blind. Not to mention you'll need a new keyboard. :lol:

I guess the blindness comes after the hairy palms?? :oops:

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2008, 02:33 PM

Troy Polamalu's wife is close to delivering a baby boy and he wouldn't commit Thursday to playing on Monday night if she goes into labor.

"I don’t know. We’ll see what happens," Polamalu said. "She's due soon...any time now." Steelers coach Mike Tomlin typically makes exceptions for players tending to personal matters and is supportive. However, the odds that Polamalu's wife has the baby just before game time probably aren't all that great. The couple is planning to name their son Paisios.

If Tyrone Carter and Anthony Smith are your starting safeties, we better start praying now that Santana Moss can't play either (he did miss Wednesday and Thursday practice, as did Portis)

Iron Shiek
10-31-2008, 02:42 PM

If Tyrone Carter and Anthony Smith are your starting safeties, we better start praying now that Santana Moss can't play either (he did miss Wednesday and Thursday practice, as did Portis)

This is getting to be a game of Injury Chicken. Which team will forfeit first due to lack of players... :wft

NC Steeler Fan
10-31-2008, 02:53 PM
I can't believe Troy's wife wouldn't just "hold it" on account of
the game, sheesh!!!! :roll:

Talk about selfish!! :lol:

RussBII
10-31-2008, 03:06 PM

This is no lie. A buddy of mine's wife had to have her labor scheduled for some reason, i never got the details. So he goes to his boss and says "My wife's labor is scheduled for Tuesday at 9:00 AM, I won't be in." His boss looks at him stone faced and says, "Well if they are scheduling it, why can't they just do it on the weekend or at night?"

I believe HR got involved before it got really ugly.

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2008, 03:06 PM

I'm just glad a guy didn't say that, or he might have a voice a couple of octaves higher for a while. :lol:

motter1975
10-31-2008, 03:18 PM

I'm just glad a guy didn't say that, or he might have a voice a couple of octaves higher for a while. :lol:

Nah, true football fan-dom (or fanaticism) trumps "woman-dom" any time...male, female, don't care who said it...I know I had the same thought, and would have agreed with anyone who voiced it.

My other thought was, my God, Troy, when you and your wife were planning your kid, couldn't you have timed the birth for the OFFSEASON?!?!?!?! I mean come on, they have from mid-Feb to July...that's a big enough window!!!

Anyway, j/k (mostly!)

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2008, 04:02 PM

Nah, true football fan-dom (or fanaticism) trumps "woman-dom" any time...male, female, don't care who said it...I know I had the same thought, and would have agreed with anyone who voiced it.

My other thought was, my God, Troy, when you and your wife were planning your kid, couldn't you have timed the birth for the OFFSEASON?!?!?!?! I mean come on, they have from mid-Feb to July...that's a big enough window!!!

Anyway, j/k (mostly!)

That's the thing...Troy waited until the offseason to conceive. And now, here we are, nine months later. He can't be out procreating during the football season...there are more important things at stake when football is in season...besides, women weaken the knees. :D

motter1975
10-31-2008, 04:21 PM

Anyway, j/k (mostly!)

That's the thing...Troy waited until the offseason to conceive. And now, here we are, nine months later. He can't be out procreating during the football season...there are more important things at stake when football is in season...besides, women weaken the knees. :D

Yeah, but you gotta figure that he and his wife "practice" procreating quite regularly during the season...(then again, if he doesn't that might explain the intensity of his play on the field)...

papillon
10-31-2008, 10:09 PM

Anyway, j/k (mostly!)

I know, don't ya love it? :Boobs

Pappy

AngryAsian
11-01-2008, 02:54 AM
.... women weaken the knees. :D

One of my all time favorite Rocky quotes. Very nice. :lol: