View Full Version : Call the First Offensive Play against the Skins

MeetJoeGreene
10-31-2008, 08:08 AM
Hey diddle, diddle,

Parker up the middle..

2 yard gain.

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2008, 10:16 AM
A bad first play does not necessarily forebode an awful game. In the Cincy game, the first offensive play was a fumbled center-QB exchange. But then we hung 38 on them.

:bungalssuck

Jigawatts
10-31-2008, 11:15 AM
I think Arians is going to get creative here and draw up a run up the middle.

Steeler Mafia
10-31-2008, 12:17 PM
With Arians style of playcalling, I think he will get creative. He will call a delayed handoff to Parker up the middle where both Parker and Ben get pummeled in the backfield by the entire Redskin defensive line.

I would really like to see Arians working as a Wal-Mart greeter or a shopping cart boy in upper North Dakota by this time next year. Somewhere far far away from the Steelers organization.

MeetJoeGreene
10-31-2008, 12:23 PM
I am detecting as sense of discomfort with Arians from the board.

I am usually NOT in favor of doing photoshops OF Steelers that could turn demeaning -- however I think that it may be theraputic for the board to desecrate the image of Arians.

What sayeth everyone?

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2008, 12:44 PM

I am usually NOT in favor of doing photoshops OF Steelers that could turn demeaning -- however I think that it may be theraputic for the board to desecrate the image of Arians.

What sayeth everyone?

Sometimes that can be the best therapy! I'm shocked we never did a Mahan one last year (other than someone putting his head on Staley's sweatsuit)

Iron Shiek
10-31-2008, 12:58 PM
Good idea on the photoshop even if I have no way of doing it, i'd gladly like the opportunity to laugh at all the entries.

As for the first play...Hines in motion then that little screen out they do with him. 7 yards. Holding by colon. WTF! :wft

stlrz d
10-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Play action pass, attempt to Holmes deep.

Steeler Mafia
10-31-2008, 04:03 PM

Completed, but called back for holding on Colon.

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2008, 04:09 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1sfk0nvs]Play action pass, attempt to Holmes deep.

Completed, but called back for holding on Colon.[/quote:1sfk0nvs]

With Faneca on the Jets, Mahan on the Bucs, Simmons on I.R., and Smith out yet again with back spasms, it is hard to believe that "Chief Holding#74Offense10yardpenaltyrepeatfirstdown" (that's for you, Shieky) is the only holdover we have left. And if Kemo can't go and we have to start Essex instead...yikes. If I told you that we could be starting Starks-Essex-Hartwig-Stapleton-Colon at the beginning of our November schedule, you would have thought we would be 2-5 instead of 5-2 at this point.

Iron Shiek
10-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Ha thanks for the shout out RB. The name is fitting, I don't care how long it takes to say.

And that is a scary thought. I mean jump in the DeLorean and tell us on the board what to expect. Because I think we are taking some things for granted. Sure Ben still doesn't have time, but geez. Think about what RB just said...that is some serious turnover.

kennyes
11-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Somebody from the Trib runs onto the field and blindsides Arians then accuses Tomlin of being an overpaid janitor just before he is bound and carted off.

Just a guess is all...

JDSteeler
11-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Ben hands off to FWP, who reverses to Nate, who chucks it to HW for
a TD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never knew Nate could throw.

JD

stlrz d
11-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Somebody from the Trib runs onto the field and blindsides Arians then accuses Tomlin of being an overpaid janitor just before he is bound and carted off.

Just a guess is all...

:lol: :Clap

Flasteel
11-02-2008, 10:26 AM

What sayeth everyone?

Let's do it!

As far as the play...

Play action to Willie and hit Miller in the seam for a 10-15 yard pick-up and a first down.

Oh, wait a minute...

We're trying to guess what will actually be called, not what we'd like to see called, right?

In that case, no play action and Ben drops straight back in the pocket and looks deep, only to be flushed to his left and deftly runs for a one yard gain.

LasVegasGuy
11-02-2008, 08:28 PM

Ben sacked 10 yard loss.

Steeler Mafia
11-03-2008, 03:52 PM

Ben sacked 10 yard loss.

Your optimism overwhelms me.

costanza2k1
11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
A quick slant to Holmes completed for 7 yards.

Jigawatts
11-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Twelve yard pass to Ward for first down. Steelers fans in attendance celebrate. Kool aid
flows from the stands, floods the stadium. Electrical short causes fire. Troys hairspray
soaked locks burst into flames. Tomlin plays the fiddle while Rome burns.