PDA

View Full Version : Lolly: Parker looking good to play

costanza2k1
10-31-2008, 01:42 AM
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Parker looking good to play
Barring another setback, it appears Willie Parker will be back in the lineup for the Steelers Monday at Washington.

Parker has made it through two days of full practice, the first time he's done that since spraining his knee in a Week 3 loss at Philadelphia.

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley and nose tackle Casey Hampton sat out again Thursday, but it was just an extra day of rest. In fact, Hampton may not practice Friday. Since the game isn't until Monday, the Steelers have an extra day of practice on Saturday.

Both are expected to play, Hampton with a toe injury, Woodley with a sore calf.

The NFLPA is filing a grievance against the Steelers for their handling of the Santonio Holmes situation.

But you'll notice that Mike Tomlin never said Holmes was suspended - only deactivated for Sunday's game against the Giants.

Holmes was also paid for the game, despite the deactivation, though it appears he was fined.

As Tomlin said at his Tuesday press conference, it's up to him to decide who is active and who isn't on game days.

Aaron Smith wasn't at practice again today after being there Wednesday.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 8:10 PM

AngryAsian
10-31-2008, 07:01 AM
I just hope Bruce has the intelligence to alternate Moore and give Washington a variation of looks. One can hope. :x

Oviedo
10-31-2008, 08:03 AM
I just hope Bruce has the intelligence to alternate Moore and give Washington a variation of looks. One can hope. :x

I don't think FWP will get more than about 15 attempts first game back. Moore will definitely still be in the mix. The interesting question is who will be the deactivated RB? Probably Russell, but I would sit Davis.

MeetJoeGreene
10-31-2008, 08:07 AM

Don't be silly.

WE ARE GOING TO RUN FWP RIGHT UP THE MIDDLE 20 TIMES IN A ROW ON FIRST AND SECOND DOWN UNTIL IT WORKS!!!!!!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-31-2008, 10:10 AM
The NFLPA is filing a grievance against the Steelers for their handling of the Santonio Holmes situation.

But you'll notice that Mike Tomlin never said Holmes was suspended - only deactivated for Sunday's game against the Giants.

Holmes was also paid for the game, despite the deactivation, though it appears he was fined.

As Tomlin said at his Tuesday press conference, it's up to him to decide who is active and who isn't on game days.

I wonder if Holmes has to be a party to the grievance for them to proceed. If he refuses to continue with it does it still move forward?

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2008, 10:13 AM

I don't think FWP will get more than about 15 attempts first game back. Moore will definitely still be in the mix. The interesting question is who will be the deactivated RB? Probably Russell, but I would sit Davis.

Well it should be Davenport, but they have no one else to return kicks. :HeadBanger

stlrz d
10-31-2008, 02:12 PM

I wonder if Holmes has to be a party to the grievance for them to proceed. If he refuses to continue with it does it still move forward?

I believe so. It's a union issue so it doesn't matter what Holmes' opinion is.

rpmpit
10-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Don't be silly.

WE ARE GOING TO RUN FWP RIGHT UP THE MIDDLE 20 TIMES IN A ROW ON FIRST AND SECOND DOWN UNTIL IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, MJG speaks the truth :(