PDA

View Full Version : A Steelers fan needs your support

costanza2k1
10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Found this on another site, very touching to say the least. Man up people, any help would be appreciated.

Hey everyone! I am doing something a little different this week. Recently I had the privilege of spending some time with one of the most die-hard Steelers fans I have ever met. He name is Doug Sours and he lives in Winchester Virginia. Tragically, Doug is dying from brain and lung cancer. I had the opportunity to sit with Doug a few weeks ago and let me tell you, he has forgotten more about the Steelers than I will possibly ever know. He is 58 years old and a true fan of the Black n Gold. Unlike some of us nutso fans, Doug has very little to show for in his 58 years as a Steeler fan because he was too busy working to provide for his family.

The day I met Doug, I had my Steelers t-shirt on and well, we became fast friends almost immediately. I sat and talked to Doug for about an hour about our beloved Steelers, injuries the team is suffering from, and the like. The whole time I worried I might be making him too tired to go on talking but when there was a lapse; Doug would have more to say about the Steelers. I sat there and listened to everything he had to say. Noticing that he had nothing around him except a Dallas Cowboy calendar that belongs to his wife. I told him I had some Steelers Posters at home and when I got back, I would mail those to him. I did just that. I talked to Grace (his wife) a few days ago and she says he is checking the mail every day, something he had not done for a while. Guess he is waiting for my next Steelers delivery.
So, this is a shout out to all of "Steelers Nation"

I am not asking for much, but wouldn't it be great to know that we can make a difference in someone’s life. So, I decided I would give all of you the opportunity to do the same. I am asking you to send something, anything Steelers, pennants, Terrible Towels, posters, t-shirts, knickknacks whatever you have to spare to Doug. Let's show him how "Steeler Nation" loves and supports our fans and in doing so, we can make a 58 year old Steelers fans dreams come true. Below is the address. Let's see what all we can do!

Doug Sours
1040 Greenwood Road
Winchester, VA 22602

Let's all send him something! God knows I have plenty of Steeler hats lying around!

Richard Smith
Boston, MA

stlrz d
10-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I recently bought a Steelers golf shirt on eBay and it came with a hat too. I don't wear hats.

I'll be sending it next week.

costanza2k1
10-30-2008, 07:49 PM
I recently bought a Steelers golf shirt on eBay and it came with a hat too. I don't wear hats.

I'll be sending it next week.
Thanks bro!

rpmpit
10-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Good stuff! I'll go through my collection and pick out a few things to send.

ghettoscott
10-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for sharing Costanza, I will definitely send something to him.

stlrz d
10-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Got a small box from work today and put in the hat.

I'll hit the post office tomorrow and it'll be on the way.

costanza2k1
11-01-2008, 03:09 AM
thanks you guys! I'm sure this will be appreciated!

stlrz d
11-05-2008, 11:56 PM
USPS HomepageSkip Navigation Home | Help | Sign In

Track & Confirm FAQs

Track & Confirm

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 0320 0002 7119 9917

Your item was delivered at 2:48 PM on November 5, 2008 in WINCHESTER, VA 22602.

Return to USPS.com Home

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.
[Max field length is 42]
Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Notification Options

Track & Confirm by email
Get current event information or updates for your item sent to you or others by email.