PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

Discipline of Steel
10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I just read that the Chargers fired their DC, Ted Cottrel, and promoted Ron Riveria to the position. I was kind of counting the SD game as a win due to the porous pass D, but if Riveria turns their D around, they could become a second half beast.

AkronSteel
10-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I just read that the Chargers fired their DC, Ted Cottrel, and promoted Ron Riveria to the position. I was kind of counting the SD game as a win due to the porous pass D, but if Riveria turns their D around, they could become a second half beast.

I'm not particularly worried about the Chargers. LT will not run on our D and no matter who their DC is they still will not be able to stop the pass. I have watched SD alot this year and they are a totally different team at home as opposed to on the road.

sd steel
10-28-2008, 11:48 PM

rRivera has been coaching the LBers all year, and that is the weakest link on the team. He has already said he isn't making any major changes, and they don't have the talent at the LB position to do anything. This was an attempt by management to get the fans back on board. They will have a bye week, then they will beat the hell out of KC, then we will kick their ass, and the fans will be pissed again.

They are just buying some time and keeping some of the bandwagoneers on board for a couple more weeks.

Discipline of Steel
10-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Thanks, you guys make me feel much better. So, looking ahead...

Redskins: They thrive on Portis but we shut RB down W
Colts: Smallish DL gets mauled by our run game W
Bolts: Cant play outside of their own stadium W
Stripes: Ryan Fitzpatrick? W

Good chance we are looking at 9-2 heading into Foxboro. Yes, I am feeling a whole lot better!

AkronSteel
10-29-2008, 10:24 AM

Good chance we are looking at 9-2 heading into Foxboro. Yes, I am feeling a whole lot better!

Actually the only game I worry about is the Bengals game. They always seem to play well in the Burgh and it is on a short week since the game is on Thursday! I don't worry too much but it is a concern.

buckeyehoppy
10-29-2008, 04:57 PM

Actually the only game I worry about is the Bengals game. They always seem to play well in the Burgh and it is on a short week since the game is on Thursday! I don't worry too much but it is a concern.

It's a short week for the Bungholes, too, and they've gotten their @$$ kicked the last two weeks. They have JAX @ home this week. Then, a bye week followed by the Beagles @ home. I'm willing to bet that they will get over once at home before they come to Heinz Field.

I think the Steelers have a very good chance to take all of the next four games if they can get a W in DC. The Deadskins are the best of the next four teams the Steelers match with. With a mistake-free effort, they'll beat the Deadskins at home. Then the Steelers come back to play the Dolts, Thunderdolts and Bungholes at home. All three currently have losing records and they are all likely to still be under .500 when they play the Steelers @ Heinz.

This is the time for the Steelers to make hay. 9-2 going into Foxboro is pretty realistic and there is really no pressure if the Steelers can control the ebb and flow of play in their next four games. They really just need to maintain a strong rushing attack combined with a lights out D. They do that and the Pats* game will be something to marvel.

AkronSteel
10-29-2008, 05:02 PM

It's a short week for the Bungholes, too, and they've gotten their @$$ kicked the last two weeks. They have JAX @ home this week. Then, a bye week followed by the Beagles @ home. I'm willing to bet that they will get over once at home before they come to Heinz Field.

I think the Steelers have a very good chance to take all of the next four games if they can get a W in DC. The Deadskins are the best of the next four teams the Steelers match with. With a mistake-free effort, they'll beat the Deadskins at home. Then the Steelers come back to play the Dolts, Thunderdolts and Bungholes at home. All three currently have losing records and they are all likely to still be under .500 when they play the Steelers @ Heinz.

This is the time for the Steelers to make hay. 9-2 going into Foxboro is pretty realistic and there is really no pressure if the Steelers can control the ebb and flow of play in their next four games. They really just need to maintain a strong rushing attack combined with a lights out D. They do that and the Pats* game will be something to marvel.

Sounds good to me BH! I just want to see them play with consistency over the next four weeks!!! No let downs.....and the only game I see there being a let down in is the Bengals game, but as much as I say that if the Steelers come to play the Bengals have no shot!

buckeyehoppy
10-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Sounds good to me BH! I just want to see them play with consistency over the next four weeks!!! No let downs.....and the only game I see there being a let down in is the Bengals game, but as much as I say that if the Steelers come to play the Bengals have no shot!

I'd expect the D to remain steady barring injury. The D is the league leading D unit and hasn't looked bad yet. They might have worn down late in the Giants game, but they still managed to get the ball back to give the O one last-ditch attempt. That's a hard working crew which means bad things for whoever they face.

Steel Life
10-29-2008, 09:54 PM
It kind of makes you wonder if we had a bye this week if Arians would be feeling more heat. But honestly, who would step in?....Anderson?

Iron Shiek
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM

I'd expect the D to remain steady barring injury. The D is the league leading D unit and hasn't looked bad yet. They might have worn down late in the Giants game, but they still managed to get the ball back to give the O one last-ditch attempt. That's a hard working crew which means bad things for whoever they face.

I think key injuries (Clark!!) had more to do with that than anything...they are as steady as can be right now.

sd steel
10-30-2008, 11:45 PM
It kind of makes you wonder if we had a bye this week if Arians would be feeling more heat. But honestly, who would step in?....Anderson?

They are 5-2, Arians isn't going anywhere. The Chargers will almost need to win out to make the play offs and AJ Smith is reacting to the Charger fans jumping off the band wagon.

I am glad the Steeler Organization doesn't change directions in mid season. Arians may not be the answer, but Ben had his best year with him, and they seem to have a good relationship.