PDA

View Full Version : Retkofsky huh???

Zigs
10-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Who is this guy?

SteelerNation1
10-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Was with us a the last 2 training camps I think...definitely w/us this training camp. Didn't notice him make a bad snap in the preseason so thats a good sign, I guess

Iron Shiek
10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
He can Long Snap.

Here is a wiki search for you:

Jared Michael Retkofsky (born March 16, 1983 in Justin, Texas) is an American football long snapper who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2007. He played college football at Texas Christian.

Retkofsky has also been a member of the Seattle Seahawks.

RuthlessBurgher
10-28-2008, 03:24 PM
He can Long Snap.

Can he play center?

(Sorry...had to...for old times sake)

Zigs
10-28-2008, 03:25 PM
He can Long Snap.

Can he play center?

:Clap :tt1

Iron Shiek
10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
He can Long Snap.

Can he play center?

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Man I haven't used the "Mahan smiley" in quite a while...thanks for the trip in time.

AkronSteel
10-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Well, I must say this is better than James doing it.

On a side note: Found out last night that one of my friends is child hood friends with James' older brother. As most of you know James is from Akron as well. Anyway, my friend told me last night that after the season is over we are all going to get together and hang out. Should be a good time. I'll make sure to post any inside info or pics that I get. Sorry I had to post. I'm excited to meet him, first Steeler player ever!

Iron Shiek
10-28-2008, 03:29 PM

On a side note: Found out last night that one of my friends is child hood friends with James' older brother. As most of you know James is from Akron as well. Anyway, my friend told me last night that after the season is over we are all going to get together and hang out. Should be a good time. I'll make sure to post any inside info or pics that I get. Sorry I had to post. I'm excited to meet him, first Steeler player ever!

Dont be 'tokin up with him or gettin him in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

motter1975
10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Link to article on Steelers.com. It also mentions that we signed a punter to the practice squad...

http://news.steelers.com/article/98515/

Steelers Sign Long Snapper; Place Warren on Reserve/Injured List

PITTSBURGH ó The Steelers added a new long snapper to their roster today when they signed first-year player Jared Retkofsky to a one-year deal. Retkofsky was added to the roster in place of injured long snapper Greg Warren, who was placed on the Reserve/Injured List with a knee injury.

Retkofsky (6-5, 260) originally signed with Pittsburgh as an undrafted rookie from Texas Christian University (TCU) in 2007.

Retkofsky, who also served as a reserve defensive lineman for the Horned Frogs, will wear jersey No. 61 for the Steelers.

Warren, who injured his left knee against the New York Giants, is out for the remainder of the season.

The Steelers also announced that first-year punter Ricky Schmitt has been added to the teamís practice squad. Schmitt (6-3, 202) was in training camp with the San Francisco 49ers in 2008. He originally signed with the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted rookie free agent from Shepherd College in 2007. He was released in training camp both times.

AkronSteel
10-28-2008, 04:09 PM

Dont be 'tokin up with him or gettin him in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

I'll try to refrain from any illegal activity, but I can't promise anything!! :Beer

AngryAsian
10-28-2008, 04:31 PM
I think this is a very bad move. We already have representatives from the Russian and Polish camps. Why don't we get some Asian representation on this team? Long snapping requires being very low to the ground and being bent over for most of the movement... I know of several employees of mine that can fill this need very well.... The advantages of being a rice-paddie slum lord. :lol:

Iron Shiek
10-28-2008, 04:43 PM
I think this is a very bad move. We already have representatives from the Russian and Polish camps. Why don't we get some Asian representation on this team? Long snapping requires being very low to the ground and being bent over for most of the movement... I know of several employees of mine that can fill this need very well.... The advantages of being a rice-paddie slum lord. :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I smell a queerbait visit any minute now. Dam AS, I don't know you rolled like that...

:mrgreen:

costanza2k1
10-28-2008, 05:09 PM
http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2008/01/14/12/Retkofsky_dh_42_86915.jpg

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-28-2008, 05:15 PM

You're just blowin',
We gotta a Samoan.

Man what you seein',
We gotta Korean.

So for any O or D occasion,
We already got an Asian.

papillon
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Who is this guy?

I don't know who he is or what he is/was doing, but, did you really think that a long snapper picked up after the 7th game of the season was going to be household name? :wft :P

Pappy