PDA

View Full Version : We are going to scalp the Redskins!

MeetJoeGreene
10-28-2008, 11:18 AM
I feel it.

We will stuff the run (especially if Portis is hampered or doesn't play).
I think we will blitz the crap out of Campbell and confuse him and get him antsy.

I look for a big game from our O after their pathetic performance.

Plus it is Monday night.

24-10.

frankthetank1
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
before the season started i thought they would split with the afc east, that still can happen. i agree i think they will put a beatdown on the skins. no way will they drop two games in a row

Zigs
10-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Here's to 6-2 after Monday night!!! :Cheers

The Skins MNF record at Fed-Ex
2006: Loss to the Vikings, 19-16
2004: Loss to the Cows, 21-18
2002: Loss to Eagles, 37-7
2000: Loss to Cows, 27-21
2000: Loss to Titans, 27-21
1998: Loss to Niners, 45-10
1997: Win over Cows, 21-16

Last win was in 1997.... GO STEELERS! :tt1

Iron Shiek
10-28-2008, 11:55 AM
LOL at the thread title. That cracked me up.

Anyway, the Monday Night Maniacs will come back with vengance. They better watch the trick play with A.R.E. Ha, wouldn't that suck if that's how they beat us?

Anyway, I'm not going to get my hopes up that the Offense will somehow figure it out all of sudden. I have been predicting this "huge" week for Ben for about 5 weeks now, and its just not happening. So freakin surprise me! I will just go with another defensive low scoring affair. 17-3 Steel.

stlrz d
10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
HEY!!!

Game prediction thread is started by yours truly...on Thursday! :nono

Zigs
10-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Remember the 1-4 skid last year against good teams. We can easily lose 2 in a row under Tomlin.

http://disney-clipart.com/Chicken-Little/Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling.jpg

proudpittsburgher
10-28-2008, 02:27 PM
I started to think of how poorly the Redskins played against the Lions last week, then I realized they were likely looking ahead to Monday's matchup. The Giants won on Sunday because they didn't make any mistakes. One mistake would have cost them that win. The Redskins are much more prone to mistakes, and that will be the difference in this game. Steelers win 17-6 and score a defensive TD in the process.

MeetJoeGreene
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
HEY!!!

Game prediction thread is started by yours truly...on Thursday! :nono

I didn't mean for it to become a prediction thread. I was just feelin' some positive energy about Monday and had to share it.....

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Plus, since it is a MONDAY NIGHT game AND we lose and hour this weekend, the thread really should be started on Tuesday.

LasVegasGuy
10-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Remember the 1-4 skid last year against good teams. We can easily lose 2 in a row under Tomlin.

I noticed you didn't dispute the 1-4 skid we had against good teams last year so we will just leave it at that.

AkronSteel
10-28-2008, 02:40 PM
With the injuries that are happening with the Skins it may actually even out for the team this week. The Skins have a hard time getting to the QB and are not very good on 3rd down defensively. Sound familiar? It sounds to me like this team is very similar to the Jags team that the Steelers beat a few weeks back. They rely on their run game and are not real prolific throwing the ball down the field (unless they are playing the Lions). I think this game matches up well for the Steelers. I'm not going to make a prediction but I expect the team to come and play on Monday Night. I expect Ben to rebound quickly.

Zigs
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
I noticed you didn't dispute the 1-4 skid we had against good teams last year so we will just leave it at that.

http://www.amiright.com/album-covers/images/album-Doom--Gloom-Early-Songs-of-Angst--Disaster.jpg

NC Steeler Fan
10-28-2008, 03:15 PM

Zigs, give it up. 8)

Dude's a buzz kill...ain't gonna change and appears to only thrive off
of piscing people off...better to leave it alone...

Cute pic though! :wink:

AkronSteel
10-28-2008, 07:10 PM

http://www.amiright.com/album-covers/images/album-Doom--Gloom-Early-Songs-of-Angst--Disaster.jpg

For all you with selective memory and are enamored with the AFC North title here is a recap of our December meltdown against good teams last year. Remember we only won the AFC North because the Browns couldn't finish off the Bengals. Otherwise we don't even make the playoffs. So for all of you happy to be beating the Browns and Bengals every year kiss my ( ! )

Pats - Lost
Jags - Lost
Rams - Win (bad team and Tomlin has shown he can beat these teams, kudos to him)
Ravens - Lost
Jags - Lost

So injuries didn't have anything to do with the collapse down the stretch last year? Do you really think that if Aaron Smith and Ryan Clark would have been playing that the team would have performed the same way it did down the stretch. I agree that the team needs to beat a quality opponent but lets not go crazy. The Jags would have never beat the Steelers with a healthy D last season, and the Ravens game meant nothing and the team didn't even play it's starters. If the starters would have played in the Baltimore game then the team would have finished 11-5 and the Clowns still would not have caught them.

costanza2k1
10-28-2008, 07:51 PM
So for all of you happy to be beating the Browns and Bengals every year kiss my ( ! )

You know we have one of these too: :moon

:lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-30-2008, 10:28 AM
So for all of you happy to be beating the Browns and Bengals every year kiss my ( ! )

You know we have one of these too: :moon

:lol:

I think he just wanted you to kiss his parenthetical exclamation point. :D

frankthetank1
10-30-2008, 10:34 AM
LVG how are you going to count the loss to the ravens last season? it was a meaningless game and all the starters were sitting it out

LasVegasGuy
10-30-2008, 01:59 PM
LVG how are you going to count the loss to the ravens last season? it was a meaningless game and all the starters were sitting it out

Which makes the loss to the Jaguars the following week even more disturbing. Tomlin had 2 weeks to prepare, game was at home and all the starters were rested and we still lost. Maybe 2 weeks wasnt enough for Tomlin or maybe he thought he was playing an AFC North team?