PDA

View Full Version : Peezy

stlrz d
10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Currently has 10.5 sacks.

That puts him on pace for 24 on the season.

Are you happy for him?

I am...always liked Porter. Shook my head at some of his antics sometimes but overall I've always enjoyed watching him play and enjoyed what he brought.

ghettoscott
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
absolutely. I am a big Peezy fan...his play and attitude against the Colts in 05 was classic; IMO he played every down as hard as he could and ENJOYED being a Steeler. He embodied what a Steeler LB should be. Plus the Jerome Bettis Notre Dame Jersey tribute along with the SB XL tunnel entrance was the sheeeeyat. Watch the NFL networks AMERICAS GAME about us and rejoice in the Peeze.

"THEY SHOT ME IN DENVER!!!! YOWUUUUNUUUUH!!!!" (c) The Peeze

[youtube:26jd1ikz]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:26jd1ikz]

Steel Life
10-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Down here in Miami, it's sort of a love/hate thing with Porter. They certainly love what he's doing, but don't like his all-or-nothing game...much like it was here later on - he's one dimensional. A great example is his sack/safety this weekend against the Bills...yes he got the sack, but he was celebrating so much he never noticed the ball was loose & that he could've had a TD - typical Porter.

He did some good things here & some bad too, but I don't root for or against him - he's gone, that's it. Besides, if he was still here, we wouldn't have the Woodley/Harrison combo & I'm happy with the way things are.

BTW...he didn't represent what Steeler LBs are all about - Lambert is the mold - he was just one in a long distinctive line & he represented himself well.

Zigs
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
I loved Porter and still support him as long as he isn't playing the Steelers. I enjoyed much of the trash talking he did (especially with Ray "The Knife" Lewis.) I could have done without the "Who Ride" stuff though. I was never quite sure where they were going or who they were riding.

:shock:

ghettoscott
10-28-2008, 09:11 AM
BTW...he didn't represent what Steeler LBs are all about - Lambert is the mold - he was just one in a long distinctive line & he represented himself well.

Never said he was the mold, obviously Lambert is; i said he embodied what Steeler LB's are about: tough, physical, intimidating and tried to knock your lights out every play.

Iron Shiek
10-28-2008, 09:26 AM
absolutely. I am a big Peezy fan...his play and attitude against the Colts in 05 was classic; IMO he played every down as hard as he could and ENJOYED being a Steeler. He embodied what a Steeler LB should be. Plus the Jerome Bettis Notre Dame Jersey tribute along with the SB XL tunnel entrance was the sheeeeyat. Watch the NFL networks AMERICAS GAME about us and rejoice in the Peeze.

"THEY SHOT ME IN DENVER!!!! YOWUUUUNUUUUH!!!!" (c) The Peeze

[youtube:2o0gtmoe]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2o0gtmoe]

Probably one of my favorite Steeler clips ever. I get goosebumps everytime and want to go Terry Tate someone here at the office everytime I watch that.

I always cheer for Peezy (not against the steelers though). Good for him.

Ozey74
10-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Good for Peezy!! I'm happy for him. Maybe the success of James Harrison makes it easier for the happiness?

proudpittsburgher
10-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Yes, very happy for Peezy. As much as I didn't like the trash talking, there was very little doubt he was a PIttsburgh Steeler, and still is. He was a victim of age and the salary cap. I'm glad he is doing well.