PDA

View Full Version : Lets not forget...

Zigs
10-27-2008, 12:51 PM
I see many people on this board pointing the finger at Arians, Ben, the O-line, and Tomlin for yesterday's loss.

I would say three out of the four played important roles in the loss, but this game was still very winnable even with those mistakes. At least these people were there for the game and made an effort (no matter how bad you think it may have been.)

My anger and disappoint for this loss is directed at someone who didn't even set foot on the playing field because of a stupid decision he made. Not having Santonio in on offense was like cutting of it's right arm. Ward was unable to get open as easy as he usually does mostly due to Holmes not being on the field. Ben also lost a prime weapon in his passing game. Although Sweed played ok, he is not the threat that Holmes is/was.

Tomlin made the right decision to deactivate Holmes for this game. Holmes made a horrible decision off the field that had a direct impact on the Giants game. IMO if Holmes plays the Steelers win the game.

AngryAsian
10-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Very true, zigs. Santonio has been our go-to-guy all season and was sorely missed. Our line-up has been too thinned out by injuries to have these kind bonehead maneuvers detract us further into the depths of attrition-hell. I hope we really show up for our MN game against the Redskins. We can't go 0-3 against the NFC East.

Iron Shiek
10-27-2008, 12:59 PM
yeah seriously man. The skins look horrible for a few weeks now. They do just enough to win (i guess more than our team does) but they struggled against some poor teams. That won't fly against our defense. Bring portis on...we gotta steam roll them and start moving the dam ball.

stlrz d
10-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Holmes = incredibly selfish.

Aaron Smith = incredibly selfless.

Oviedo
10-27-2008, 03:07 PM
I posted when he was inactivated that I 100% supported Tomlin and I still do totally. I said then that if we lose that Holmes needs to carry that rucksack on his back for the rest of the season on. Start humping Stupidio, you screwed your team.

costanza2k1
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Start humping Stupidio,

Humping got him some extra Baby Mamas which may have led to weed to relieve stress...

:D

RussBII
10-27-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't know if you can blame Santonio Holmes for this loss. You can certainly blame him for his absence, but I'm not sure how big of a deal that was. Even if he had been in there, would the play calling have used his skill set? Would we have run more quick slants? Would he have gotten open earlier allowing Ben to get rid of the ball earlier? I don't know.

The team that was on the field lost the game. The nullified TD was h-u-g-e. Warren getting hurt was almost as big. Santonio not being there was a much smaller factor in my mind. Unless he can long snap, I don't think it really mattered.

Zigs
10-27-2008, 04:48 PM
I don't know if you can blame Santonio Holmes for this loss. You can certainly blame him for his absence, but I'm not sure how big of a deal that was. Even if he had been in there, would the play calling have used his skill set? Would we have run more quick slants? Would he have gotten open earlier allowing Ben to get rid of the ball earlier? I don't know.

The team that was on the field lost the game. The nullified TD was h-u-g-e. Warren getting hurt was almost as big. Santonio not being there was a much smaller factor in my mind. Unless he can long snap, I don't think it really mattered.

Even if Ben doesn't throw to Santonio all day or if the play calling doesn't utilize his skill set, just having that threat on the field causes the Giants D to have to worry about him. This then keeps them from focusing on Ward and Washington only. Holmes not being in the game was a huge factor in this game. I don't think at this point in his career Sweed is scaring many defensive backs.

Yes the players on the field lost the game, but Santonio made that game 10x more difficult for the players that were on that field because of his error in judgment.

birtikidis
10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
i'm sure that santonio wouldn't have dropped that ball that hit nate in the stomach on 3rd and long, which would have been a 1st down...

stlrz d
10-27-2008, 07:25 PM

Even if Ben doesn't throw to Santonio all day or if the play calling doesn't utilize his skill set, just having that threat on the field causes the Giants D to have to worry about him. This then keeps them from focusing on Ward and Washington only. Holmes not being in the game was a huge factor in this game. I don't think at this point in his career Sweed is scaring many defensive backs.

Yes the players on the field lost the game, but Santonio made that game 10x more difficult for the players that were on that field because of his error in judgment.

The threat of Holmes opens things up for Ward, the other receivers and the running game.

Steel Life
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
i'm sure that santonio wouldn't have dropped that ball that hit nate in the stomach on 3rd and long, which would have been a 1st down...
That was a big shot that Nate took & Ben led him right into it, give the kid a break.

I do think Santonio would've made a difference because he's quicker & he might've been able to get open better. That said, the guys were in a position to win & they - along with Arians - muffed it.

Jooser
10-27-2008, 11:34 PM
To some people, winning is everything. Let's take the Plexiglass situation. Coughlin wanted to win more than teaching the selfish asswipe a lesson and not letting him play.

On the other hand, Tomlin thought it was necessary to discipline a player for his selfish stupidity - even though he knew it'd greatly hurt the team. I for one applaud Tomlin, it makes our team a more classy one. Later on down the line, if we're fortunate enough to face the Giants in the Super Bowl, they're gonna have to play a different offense with Santokio in the game. Advantage? Ours.

:nono