PDA

View Full Version : OL, DL, Secondary

BigRob
10-27-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't care if its Free Agency or the Draft. That had better be the focus of this FO. We should have plenty of cap this year for once and we had better use it to improve these positions. (Improving the secondary would be to make sure to sign McFadden to a reasonable contract).

frankthetank1
10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
I don't care if its Free Agency or the Draft. That had better be the focus of this FO. We should have plenty of cap this year for once and we had better use it to improve these positions. (Improving the secondary would be to make sure to sign McFadden to a reasonable contract).

i will also add a decent or servicable back up to ryan clark and a true fs not a ss they try to make a fs. maybe roy lewis can be that guy

Oviedo
10-27-2008, 03:03 PM
You pretty well hit the nail on the head. Add a kick/punt returner to that list too. Davenport was downright embarassing.

Round 1: DL or OT (best vailable unless Tyson Jackson then take him no matter what)
Round 2: DL or OT whatever you didn't get in Round 1
Round 3: DB
Round 3 Comp: OL
Round 4: DL
Round 5: WR/KR
Round 6: LB or Safety
Round 7: Power RB

Priority off season signings in order:

1-Bmac
2-Free Agent OT. Good bye Marvel and Starks
3-Kemo. We have two players who could play his position, i.e. Colon and Stapleton

I'd also grab Dre Moore off the Tampa Bay Practice Squad at the first opportunity.

BigRob
10-27-2008, 03:22 PM
"You pretty well hit the nail on the head. Add a kick/punt returner to that list too. Davenport was downright embarassing.

Round 1: DL or OT (best vailable unless Tyson Jackson then take him no matter what)

1-Bmac
3-Kemo. We have two players who could play his position, i.e. Colon and Stapleton

I'd also grab Dre Moore off the Tampa Bay Practice Squad at the first opportunity."

The only thing I would change is a Corner or Safety in the 2nd and OL in the third. Its been proven that you can get good OL in the Third round.

Oviedo
10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
"You pretty well hit the nail on the head. Add a kick/punt returner to that list too. Davenport was downright embarassing.

1-Bmac

I'd also grab Dre Moore off the Tampa Bay Practice Squad at the first opportunity."

The only thing I would change is a Corner or Safety in the 2nd and OL in the third. Its been proven that you can get good OL in the Third round.

Depending on the talent available and whether we sign Bmac should dictate if we go earlier than Round 3 for DB. If we resign Bmac then we can wait until Round 3. If we don't then you are right and we should look in Round 2. I must say I am impressed with Gay when he gets chances he seems to do well.

Not sure you can wait until Round 3 for OL unless you see real improvement on Tony Hills' part over the course of the next year. If he can step in at RT then we will have lots of flexibility.