PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts...

costanza2k1
10-27-2008, 12:17 AM
My thoughts aren't really worth anything but I figured we have a ton of threads and posts our there with folks discussing their frustrations that I should have a thread too. I was going try and post my thoughts in the other threads but couldn't figure out where to post it and really didn't want to post bits and pieces in 50 different topics. So here we go. Am I pissed? You bet, here's what I'm pissed at:

-Colon's play
-Ben holding the ball too long at times.
-Ben throwing a lot of picks in yet another big game
-BA's play calling at times
-Little pressure on She-Li
-Why didn't Hartwig long snap?

Now this is where I stand:
-Sweed looked good
-Nate did great!
-Ben's long ball looked good
-Moore looks awesome
-Oline was supposed to give up 20 sacks this game, the best front 4 right?
-We know we can shut out a power run and pass game now.

If we eliminate a few mistakes here and there we win. We were driving on those guys and the little things lost it for us. Cheer up all we'll be fine in the long run. There is always something worse than a draining loss like this--->end of the season comes to mind.

Just my thoughts here. Carry on with firing Tomlin, firing BA, cutting some players and all. (I'm not saying I don't agree with some of this but I have no control over it and choose to vent in other ways, tomorrow after work I will start cleaning the garage) My venting is done thanks.

Go Steelers, let's beat the Redskins now!
-

Oviedo
10-27-2008, 07:34 AM
All good points and right on the mark, but the fact that really mattered was that when you throw 4 INTs against the defending Super Bowl Champs you are not likely to win. All that and we still only lost by a late TD.

Execution was severley lacking in a number of areas, but I think we saw the arrival of Sweed which is good. Colon is badly out of position at RT against good DEs.

Our Defense is awesome even with Harrison and Woodley getting held on almost every play they rush the passer.

MeetJoeGreene
10-27-2008, 08:20 AM
I think our defense can keep us in a lot of games.

I hope Clark isn't gone for a long time, othewise our defense will have more trouble keeping us in games.

I wonder who our new long snapper will be? What was that guy's name before Warren that had been around a while?

I hope our punter is OK.

frankthetank1
10-27-2008, 08:22 AM
colon did not play well, but starks is much worse. he gave up 3 sacks to kiwanuka!!! thats pathetic. i thought sweed looked great!!! i was very happy to see him get some catches

AngryAsian
10-27-2008, 08:22 AM
This has been the worst season in terms of injuries. Never has this team suffered so much from a personnel standpoint. We are lucky to have the record we h ave when you look at how many key people are missing from their starting positions.

MeetJoeGreene
10-27-2008, 08:26 AM
This has been the worst season in terms of injuries. Never has this team suffered so much from a personnel standpoint. We are lucky to have the record we h ave when you look at how many key people are missing from their starting positions.

Only our top 2 Running Backs, our 1A reciever out for tokage, 2 starting OL, Starting CB before the game.

During the game -- only 1 starting safety and longsnapper.

That aint' much. :D

AngryAsian
10-27-2008, 08:29 AM

Only our top 2 Running Backs, our 1A reciever out for tokage, 2 starting OL, Starting CB before the game.

During the game -- only 1 starting safety and longsnapper.

That aint' much. :D

Starting punter, and second string punter. :lol: