PDA

View Full Version : our 25th ranked offense....

Starlifter
10-26-2008, 08:54 PM
sure showed why today. yeah i know, injuries and no santonio but yeesh......

what's frustrating is I really thought at the beginning of the year we'd be an offensive powerhouse. Great draft, santonio entering his third year - we have all kinds of weapons. unfortunately we just can't seem to find any groove. as wild and exotic as the packages on our defense are, it seems like our O couldn't be more predictable and vanilla. every time we had a screen or a draw called, the giants dialed up the right defense. are we THAT predictable? I think we are. 5-2 isn't the end of the world and as bad as the O played, we had a chance. This loss certainly makes the next 3 games even more important. I thought this 4 game stretch is our toughest. 2-2 would be fine, 3-1 would be awesome. anything less and we open the door back up to the clowns and the felons.

last thought. heath miller must be the greatest blocker of ALL time. I can't think of any other reason why he only gets 3-4 balls thrown his way every game.

Scarletfire1970
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Offense has been disappointing thus far.

buckeyehoppy
10-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Heath Miller must be the greatest blocker of ALL time. I can't think of any other reason why he only gets 3-4 balls thrown his way every game.

There's no other acceptable reason why he would only get that many looks a game. I wouldn't say that makes him the greatest blocker of all time. But Miller (and Spaeth) are probably doing more than their share of covering up for the leagues worst crew of OTs.

AngryAsian
10-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Heath Miller must be the greatest blocker of ALL time. I can't think of any other reason why he only gets 3-4 balls thrown his way every game.

There's no other acceptable reason why he would only get that many looks a game. I wouldn't say that makes him the greatest blocker of all time. But Miller (and Spaeth) are probably doing more than their share of covering up for the leagues worst crew of OTs.

Play calling, my good man. The root of our offensive woes. This team has some serious weaponry... but lay dormant within our silos. The plays designed don't play to the strengths of our talent pool. Heath is just an example of that. He has better hands and runs crisper routes than Witten, Cooley, and Clark... but gets no love from Ben with but maybe 1-2 balls thrown his way per game.

Starlifter
10-27-2008, 09:21 AM
i'll tell you what really brought my point home to me last night. I can't remember the quarter but it was 3rd down for the giants and they lined up the tailback (I think it was jacobs) out to the right. Of course it's the screen pass but jacobs runs to his left while the linemen are pulling out to their right. they both meet going in opposite directions and then turn upfield. It was pretty nifty misdirection, lots of movement and a well disguised screen. a stark contrast to our standard, pause for 2 seconds in the middle and then have the RB drift out to the flats........

but here's the worst part about it. Kevin Gilbride is the O-coordinator for the G-men. that's who outcoached Arians......uuugggghhh.

AngryAsian
10-27-2008, 12:00 PM
i'll tell you what really brought my point home to me last night. I can't remember the quarter but it was 3rd down for the giants and they lined up the tailback (I think it was jacobs) out to the right. Of course it's the screen pass but jacobs runs to his left while the linemen are pulling out to their right. they both meet going in opposite directions and then turn upfield. It was pretty nifty misdirection, lots of movement and a well disguised screen. a stark contrast to our standard, pause for 2 seconds in the middle and then have the RB drift out to the flats........

but here's the worst part about it. Kevin Gilbride is the O-coordinator for the G-men. that's who outcoached Arians......uuugggghhh.

I know... Gilbride... anybody whose claim to fame is getting his clocked cleaned by Buddy Ryan on national television rather than his coaching prowess, gets no respect from this guy. :lol: :lol: :lol: