PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Tomlin, Still can't beat a good team

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 07:35 PM
EOM

stlrz d
10-26-2008, 08:12 PM
What kind of fan are you? The only time you show up is to bitch.

Why don't you just join the other losers at the trib board and relieve us of your annoying habit?

Zigs
10-26-2008, 08:39 PM
LasVegas Guy = :Blah

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Keep ****ing telling yourself everything is cool as we beat the Bengals, Browns and Ravens. Eventually we have to play the better teams in the league and it has been proven now we can't win those games.

Anyone want to debate that rather then say "take it somewhere else" or :Blah :Blah .

Do I need to assemble the teams we have beaten and the teams we have been beat by again for the ones with selective memories?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
We lost a tight game to a good team, despite an UNBELIEVABLE amount of injuries on our side.

The rest of the season depends on our injury status, IMO. If it's not too bad a hit we took tonight, we'll be OK. Otherwise ...

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 09:13 PM
What kind of fan are you? The only time you show up is to bitch.

Why don't you just join the other losers at the trib board and relieve us of your annoying habit?

One that is sick and tired of losing to teams not named Bengals, Browns and 49ers. If the Browns don't catch us we are easily one and done in the playoffs.

JAR
10-26-2008, 09:22 PM
5 and 2 with major injuries all around. Would have been 6-1 had they not lost their LS .

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 09:26 PM
5 and 2 with major injuries all around. Would have been 6-1 had they not lost their LS .

Don't think so we still couldn't make a stop when it was 14-14 so what does it matter if the score is 14-12 they would have gotten the ball in the same spot anyway. So rather then losing 21-14 we lose 19-14. Way to go Tomlin and the Pittsburgh coaching staff.

JAR
10-26-2008, 09:28 PM

Don't think so we still couldn't make a stop when it was 14-14 so what does it matter if the score is 14-12 they would have gotten the ball in the same spot anyway. So rather then losing 21-14 we lose 19-14. Way to go Tomlin and the Pittsburgh coaching staff.

Well, there's always the Titans who are undefeated right now. They don't have many fans, I'm sure they have room for you.

Ozey74
10-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Give us a healthly lomg snapper and we win the game and were toasting a 6-1 record. I'm not sure how the F a long snapper gets hurt, but I expect this not to be an issue against the Skins next week.

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 09:33 PM

Well, there's always the Titans who are undefeated right now. They don't have many fans, I'm sure they have room for you.

That's the best you got? Another Steeler fan satisfied with beating the bottom dwellers of the league. I bet you were the 5th grade bully on the playground tormenting the 3rd graders. Eventually, you have to man up and take on the 6th graders.

By the way Tomlin versus Fisher my money goes to Fisher since our coach is out of his league.

Ozey74
10-26-2008, 09:35 PM

That's the best you got? Another Steeler fan satisfied with beating the bottom dwellers of the league. I bet you were the 5th grade bully on the playground tormenting the 3rd graders. Eventually, you have to man up and take on the 6th graders.

By the way Tomlin versus Fisher my money goes to Fisher since our coach is out of his league.

We will find out on 12/21

JAR
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM

The last time I looked, there are 9 games left.

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Give us a healthly lomg snapper and we win the game and were toasting a 6-1 record. I'm not sure how the F a long snapper gets hurt, but I expect this not to be an issue against the Skins next week.

A long snapper didn't cost us the game stop fooling yourself. Read above post we still couldn't make a stop when the score was 14-14.

birtikidis
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
if our long snapper doesn't get hurt we get two points back on the safety and then we'd have been able to kick a FG instead of going for it on 4th and 4
that's a five point swing.

stlrz d
10-26-2008, 09:43 PM

Early on in the game the Giants had 4 trips inside the RZ and came away with 4 FGs.

But that's not good enough for some people...our D should make every stop every time. :roll:

You hit the nail on the head...the Steelers don't need fans like LVG who have unrealistic expectations.

Doesn't matter what happens in a game, doesn't matter who gets hurt...the Steelers should win every game.

He seems more and more like a Ravens fan with every post. Perhaps he should go jump on the Flacco bandwagon...they just beat the Raiders today!

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 09:43 PM
if our long snapper doesn't get hurt we get two points back on the safety and then we'd have been able to kick a FG instead of going for it on 4th and 4

4th and 4 from where our own 20? We never crossed the 50 after the Giants scored on the next possesion after the safety to make it 21-14.

Ghost
10-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Are you people who think the Steelers lost tonight because of a missed snap insane?

That was one of the worst offensive performances in years! 1-10 on 3rd down (add another 0-4 on 4th). Calling it putrid would be polite. Ben played horribly tonight. The line wasn't much better. Moore had a 32 yard run on the first drive and then 52 yards the entire rest of the game. The Offense never stepped foot inside the red zone one damn time.

Thinking this game was lost because of a snap is just ignoring the abomination that was the offense tonight. WTF?

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 09:50 PM

Early on in the game the Giants had 4 trips inside the RZ and came away with 4 FGs.

But that's not good enough for some people...our D should make every stop every time. :roll:

You hit the nail on the head...the Steelers don't need fans like LVG who have unrealistic expectations.

Doesn't matter what happens in a game, doesn't matter who gets hurt...the Steelers should win every game.

He seems more and more like a Ravens fan with every post. Perhaps he should go jump on the Flacco bandwagon...they just beat the Raiders today!

Unrealistic expectations is beating someone at home? Good grief!

Injuries are part of the game, even the head guy in charge said so, now you are back tracking and saying it matters to cover his butt?

We are a poorly coached underachieving team in my opinion. Until we beat a good team my doubts about Tomlin will continue to exist.

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Are you people who think the Steelers lost tonight because of a missed snap insane?

That was one of the worst offensive performances in years! 1-10 on 3rd down (add another 0-4 on 4th). Calling it putrid would be polite. Ben played horribly tonight. The line wasn't much better. Moore had a 32 yard run on the first drive and then 52 yards the entire rest of the game. The Offense never stepped foot inside the red zone one damn time.

Thinking this game was lost because of a snap is just ignoring the abomination that was the offense tonight. WTF?

It's called excuses and there always seems to be a bunch everytime we lose. It's never Tomlin since he won the AFC North last year (insert sarcasm).

stlrz d
10-26-2008, 10:01 PM

That is when the game was lost.

As for you LVG, you simply don't get it. You are no better than any of the other racist trolls on the trib board. You have nothing to contribute except whining like a little girl.

You no longer exist. You're history. Post what you want because you are dead to me.

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 10:07 PM

As for you LVG, you simply don't get it. You are no better than any of the other racist trolls on the trib board. You have nothing to contribute except whining like a little girl.

You no longer exist. You're history. Post what you want because you are dead to me.

Geez I am going to lose sleep tonight. I am still waiting for you to defend our inability to beat a good team. Since I am dead to you I will just assume you are a pussy and can't handle the truth that our coach and his staff blows.

Isn't that why you left the Trib in the first place because they hurt your feelings?

Zigs
10-26-2008, 10:22 PM

:Cheers

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 10:24 PM

Zigs? 4 posts and counting keep up the good work.

Zigs
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM

My post bothered you that much that you had to try to put me down?

Discipline of Steel
10-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I like our coach. Steelers are a good team. I dont cry over losses but then again i dont bet money. LVG is a lame-o :loser Watch, he will only show up when the Steelers lose. And its unlikely we will ever hear any intelligent ideas from him. LVG is simply a minority opinion. :Blah No body has to defend what the Steelers do. They are entertainment. We simply watch. Communicating with the other Steeler fans on this board is fun. We'll get them next week guys. Go Steelers!

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 10:32 PM
I like our coach. Steelers are a good team. I dont cry over losses but then again i dont bet money. LVG is a lame-o :loser Watch, he will only show up when the Steelers lose. And its unlikely we will ever hear any intelligent ideas from him. LVG is simply a minority opinion. :Blah No body has to defend what the Steelers do. They are entertainment. We simply watch. Communicating with the other Steeler fans on this board is fun. We'll get them next week guys. Go Steelers!

Excellent post. Kool-aid anyone.

Zigs

:Clap

LasVegasGuy

We have 5.

SteelTorch
10-26-2008, 10:36 PM
I don't see how we can even pin this on Tomlin. A lot of what "went wrong" was dumb mistakes and crappy play. How is Tomlin supposed to control:

Injuries to several key players?

Not getting a single sack or interception on defense?

Crappy play by our QB?

Stupid penalties by the players?

WR's dropping balls?

An injury to the long-snapper causing a SAFETY by James Harrison?

This wasn't even them killing us as much as us killing ourselves. Granted this sucks, but I have faith we can learn from this. We still have plenty of winnable games left on our schedule.

Zigs
10-26-2008, 10:38 PM

We have 5.

It was actually Discipline of Steel that put you down. I was just patting him on the back. I thought we left the haters and bandwagon fans back at the Trib. I guess not....

LasVegasGuy
10-27-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't see how we can even pin this on Tomlin. A lot of what "went wrong" was dumb mistakes and crappy play. How is Tomlin supposed to control:

Injuries to several key players?

Not getting a single sack or interception on defense?

Crappy play by our QB?

Stupid penalties by the players?

WR's dropping balls?

An injury to the long-snapper causing a SAFETY by James Harrison?

This wasn't even them killing us as much as us killing ourselves. Granted this sucks, but I have faith we can learn from this. We still have plenty of winnable games left on our schedule.

It's ****in' called EXECUTION. It is the coaches responsibility. Why is it the Raiders always lack execution and the Patriots execute perfectly. It's called coaching something we don't have. This is all on Tomlin. Will he bench the underachievers Sunday against the Skins? No, he will continue to lack authority and will again reward the slackers with more playing time.

birtikidis
10-27-2008, 07:48 AM

4th and 4 from where our own 20? We never crossed the 50 after the Giants scored on the next possesion after the safety to make it 21-14.
from the newspaper and from observation:
"The Steelers had a chance to take a 17-9 lead early in the fourth quarter, but with Warren out Tomlin opted to go for it from the Giants' 34 instead of attempt a long field goal by Jeff Reed. The Steelers did not convert on fourth down and turned the ball over on downs."

Miscue on punt proves costly to Steelers
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, October 27, 2008

The Steelers had weathered injuries all season.

Against the defending Super Bowl champion and in front of the largest crowd to see a regular-season game at Heinz Field, the Steelers couldn't overcome the loss of the player at perhaps the most overlooked and least appreciated position in football.

Veteran long snapper Greg Warren went down in the third quarter Sunday, and his season-ending knee injury loomed large in the Steelers' 21-14 loss to the New York Giants.

The Steelers were clinging to a 14-12 lead midway through the fourth quarter when emergency long snapper James Harrison sailed a snap over the head of punter Mitch Berger.

The ball rolled out of the end zone, giving the Giants the game-tying safety. Following Berger's free kick, quarterback Eli Manning marched the Giants 53 yards and capped the seven-play drive with a 2-yard touchdown pass to tight end Kevin Boss.

Unlike a couple of weeks ago in Jacksonville, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger couldn't summon any late-game heroics. And with a minute-and-a-half left in the game, he threw his fourth interception of the game, ending any chance of the Steelers remaining undefeated at home.

Roethlisberger (13 of 29 for 189 yards) had tossed just three interceptions through the first six games. The Giants also sacked him five times.

The Steelers, who fell to 5-2, visit the Washington Redskins next Monday night.

"That's a championship-caliber football team," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said of the Giants. "The bottom line is they made more plays than we did, and I don't want to sugarcoat it."

The Steelers' defense turned in a valiant effort and kept the Giants out of the end zone for most of the game. The Steelers made a goal-line stand in the second quarter as they stopped 264-pound running back Brandon Jacobs three times from the 1-yard line, including on fourth down.

The Steelers were not nearly as inspiring on offense.

They hit the Giants (6-1) with a couple of big plays -- Mewelde Moore had a 32-yard touchdown run and Nate Washington caught a 65-yard touchdown pass from Roethlisberger -- but they could not put together any sustained drives.

The Steelers were not able to consistently move the ball in large part because they converted just 1 of 10 third-down attempts.

"Disappointing offensively from top to bottom," Roethlisberger said. "It starts with me."

It also includes players who committed costly penalties, such as right tackle Willie Colon, whose hold negated a 53-yard touchdown pass from Roethlisberger to Washington with four minutes left in the third quarter.

The Steelers were leading, 14-9, at the time. Had the play counted, they would have had what amounted to a commanding lead, given the way the teams' defenses slugged it out in front of an announced crowd of 64,991.

"They didn't beat us," Washington said. "We beat ourselves."

Warren's loss contributed to the defeat as well, even if Tomlin tried to downplay it.

The Steelers had a chance to take a 17-9 lead early in the fourth quarter, but with Warren out Tomlin opted to go for it from the Giants' 34 instead of attempt a long field goal by Jeff Reed. The Steelers did not convert on fourth down and turned the ball over on downs.

Tomlin said he had no choice but to use Harrison later in the quarter, and the result was disastrous.

The starting outside linebacker made a snap that Berger might have had a better chance of catching had he been sitting in the front row behind the south end zone at Heinz Field.

Harrison said the snap sailed because of adrenaline. His plan was to snap it long rather than short since a safety only tied the score at that point.

Oh, and there is the small matter that Harrison had never long-snapped in a game before yesterday.

"I take my hat off to James Harrison for stepping up and volunteering," Tomlin said. "We just weren't able to get it done."

LasVegasGuy
10-27-2008, 11:30 AM

from the newspaper and from observation:
"The Steelers had a chance to take a 17-9 lead early in the fourth quarter, but with Warren out Tomlin opted to go for it from the Giants' 34 instead of attempt a long field goal by Jeff Reed. The Steelers did not convert on fourth down and turned the ball over on downs."

I don't know the stat off hand but how many 34 + 17 = 51 yard field goals have been made at Heinz Field? I'm going to say less then 3. For once I agreed with Tomlin, remarkably, we had a better chance to go for it on 4th and 4 then you did having Reed try and make a 50+ yard field goal.

But when you go for it on 4th and 4 you don't send Ward in motion and throw it 2 yards with 3 defenders on him like white on rice. This was once again piss poor coaching in my opinion.