PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Game Balls: Week 7

SteelTorch
10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
As suggested by buckeye, I just decided to start it myself ahead of time, as I most likely won't be around at the end. You guys can add your own contributions after the game. :tt2

AngryAsian
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
My turd balls go out to:

Ben- for his inspired 4 int performance.

Bruce- for the usual wonderful playcalling... Pssst, Bruce, No Huddle... it works.

Colon- Bonehead plays too plenty to name, but mainly for negating Nate's second TD.

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/103240_main.jpg

LouSteel
10-26-2008, 07:41 PM
One ball, because I'm mad.

Mitch Berger, for getting some excellent punts off while in obvious pain. I always like to see that.

Screw the rest of them.

Steel Life
10-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Good game balls - Nate, Moore, Heath, Clark & Berger (for being a gamer)

Bad game balls - Hines, Max, Colon & unfortunately Ben

birtikidis
10-26-2008, 07:47 PM

nate??? how many balls did he drop today? more than a few!
the only guy that played well was berger...

stlrz d
10-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Game ball to Mitch and to the defense.

RussBII
10-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Mitch for playing with pain. I can't imagine what it feels like to punt a ball with a thigh injury.

I give one to Brett Kiesel. He was all over the place today and that was a great hit on an airborne RB.

I give James Harrison half a ball for lining up as long snapper when his team asked him too. Sure he screwed it up royally, but that still takes some stones.

buckeyehoppy
10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
One game ball to Mitch Berger for taking one for the team and playing hurt. If the hammy doesn't get better, it'll be his last chance at a game ball. So, he gets one because no one else deserved one.

And a great big:

EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

To AS!!! :wft :wft :wft

SteelTorch
10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow, so apparently it's a good thing I missed this. I read the recap on NFL.com and.....dayum. I don't even know where to begin. I could list all the things that I found disappointing, but I'd be going on for pages. :lol:

costanza2k1
10-27-2008, 12:25 AM
I've got two game balls and Bruce Arians can suck both of them.

Had to quote Fla after the Philly game...that was too damn funny and it applies here too. Not all BA's fault but you have to blame the man up top.

:D

RuthlessBurgher
10-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Game ball to Aaron Smith. Unquestionably. You gotta respect the fact that he showed up for this game in the midst of a family crisis like that. And the fact that the D shut down the top rushing team in the league (including stuffing them at the goal line) helps too. :Bow :Clap :tt2 :Steel :tt1

buckeyehoppy
10-28-2008, 12:49 AM
I've got two game balls and Bruce Arians can suck both of them.

So do I, but BA's Ol' Lady can do the honors on me and find out what she's missing. :wink:

steelblood
10-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Game Balls -

Keisel - inspired run defense. He was in the backfield on several plays.
Smith - a warrior. a good human being. my favorite steeler. he was there for his team under difficult cicumstances.
Clark - Too bad he got injured. He was everywhere. Excellent football intelligence.
Moore - ran hard inside, gave it everything he had.
Stapleton - did a good job against their big run stuffing DT. was good in pass pro.
Eason/Kirschke - I have been critical of these two in the past. This year, they have been very solid backup. Both can stack up linemen and get our starters quality rest without leaving our D exposed.

Turd Balls -

Farrior - I love him. But he had a poor game and missed at least three tackles that he should have had.
Deshea - Maybe it is his heal, but he looks like he is stuck in mud out there. too slow.
Starks - missed assignments.
Ben - didn't audible out of some terrible plays in the 4th Q. didn't take off running on a few instances when there was more than adequate room and took the sack instead.
Sweed - ugh. Slow, weak, passive.
Spaeth - why is he on this team? he is slow, makes terrible cuts, and is only an average blocker.

Super turd Balls -

Davenport - on kickoffs, continually ran at the first Giant down field and was tackled by him. Why not try Gary Russell back there?
Arians - 4th quarter play calling was the worst I've seen. 7 step drops with few short options. Left Moore and Miller in to block with no chip and release throws. Practically suggested that the Giants rush 5-7 men.
Tomlin - poor halftime adjustments on offense. not having a legitimate backup at long snapper is inexcusable. Tomlin must earn his money by becoming more than a cheerleader. I want a proactive coach that dissects the other team's weaknesses at halftime and helps his defense and offense stay one step ahead of the opponent. So far, Mike does not do this in big games. Come on Mike, it is a chess match not simply a contest of wills.

Jooser
10-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Aaron Smith - tremendous heart, had to be going through so many emotions. Thanks big guy! :Clap

MeetJoeGreene
10-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Aaron Smith - tremendous heart, had to be going through so many emotions. Thanks big guy! :Clap

Very good point. He and the punter are the only ones I would consider.

proudpittsburgher
10-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Very good point. He and the punter are the only ones I would consider.

MeanJoe, and the others who did not mention them, I don't know how you can't hand out a game ball to just about everyone on defense. And Memo did play a heck of a game, although I would have loved to see him getting more looks out of the backfield with short passes.

NC Steeler Fan
10-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Ryan Clark without a doubt.

He was on top of the ball carrier on every play it seemed. And,
although he appeared to be being dragged under that
humongous RB on the giants who clearly outweighed him on a
couple of plays, he never let go or gave up on the tackle.

The rest of the D for holding the giants out of the endzone in the
redzone FOUR FREAKIN' TIMES!

Sighhhh...just so they could go right back out there on yet another crummy
3 and out by out O.....dammit....I hope the D let the O hold it after this
game.

Steel Life
10-28-2008, 11:22 PM

nate??? how many balls did he drop today? more than a few!
the only guy that played well was berger...
Try one...the two other were so poorly thrown that he didn't have chance. But he did have two passes that would've produced two TDs & over 100 yards if not for Colon's holding call. You want to pick a WR who had a bad day?...try Hines instead.