PDA

View Full Version : Will Sweed play wideout in 3 WR sets?

steelz09
10-25-2008, 10:24 AM
It appears that Limas Sweed will see significant playing time this week against the NYG.

Does anyone else think that Sweed will be split wide in the 3 WR sets? I remember in training camp that this was brought up and that Nate is more successful in the slot.

Flasteel
10-25-2008, 10:48 AM
It appears that Limas Sweed will see significant playing time this week against the NYG.

Does anyone else think that Sweed will be split wide in the 3 WR sets? I remember in training camp that this was brought up and that Nate is more successful in the slot.

From what I've read, Nate will slide over to take Holmes' spot at spit end, but I'm not sure if he would move into the slot in three receiver sets. Sweed has been practicing as the X receiver, but I've seen him in the slot too...so I guess after all of that, I really have no definitive answer.

birtikidis
10-25-2008, 11:11 AM
it was a good effort fla!
I would think that that would allow them to move washington to the slot. hopefully the giants are as worried about it as i am...

BigLebowski
10-25-2008, 11:43 AM
It is my understanding based upon what I've read and heard, that Nate(because of his speed) will replace Holmes in all sets and that Baker and Sweed will rotate in the slot.

But I would prefer to see Nate running from the slot in 3 and 4 WR sets.

I would like to see Sweed or Baker on the outside in the red zone, and a fade attempted. It is possible we could see Sweed or Baker's first NFL TD.