PDA

View Full Version : Palmer out for year?

anger 82&95
10-25-2008, 08:53 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3662707

SteelerNation1
10-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Delhomme had the Tommy John surgery I believe. Palmer will be back in 09.

MeetJoeGreene
10-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Great. Now we have to listen to delusional Bungle fans who believe that they would have gone 11-5 and won the Super Bowl if he had been healthy. And wait till next year.

:Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :bungalssuck :Hater :Hater :Hater :wft :Hater :Hater :Hater :Hater

BigLebowski
10-25-2008, 11:47 AM
No reason to risk your franchise QB if you are winless. Smart move to shut it down.

BigLebowski
10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
No reason to risk your franchise QB if you are winless. Smart move to shut it down.

I can't believe I referenced 'smart' with the Bengals. :bungalssuck

AngryAsian
10-25-2008, 04:00 PM
:bungalssuck

SteelTorch
10-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Great. Now we have to listen to delusional Bungle fans who believe that they would have gone 11-5 and won the Super Bowl if he had been healthy. And wait till next year.

:Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :bungalssuck :Hater :Hater :Hater :wft :Hater :Hater :Hater :Hater
Nah, they'd find another excuse, like Palmer doesn't have a defense, no running game, blah blah blah blah. :Blah

RuthlessBurgher
10-25-2008, 04:28 PM

I can't believe I referenced 'smart' with the Bengals. :bungalssuck

Well, they haven't shut it down yet, so you aren't calling them smart. You are just saying it would be smart if they shut him down, which they probably won't since they are morons.

http://www.mathewingram.com/work/wp-content/uploads/morans.jpg

Ozey74
10-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Too bad for Carson. For as much as I hate the Bengals, I got no beef with Palmer. He handles himself extremely well for the train wreck that he has to deal with in Cincy.

If I had to go to work everyday with a bunch of thugs and had an idiot for a boss that only cares about himself, I know I wouldn't be able to conduct myself with the class that Carson conducts himself.

:bungalssuck

Starlifter
10-25-2008, 11:43 PM
screw cornholio - he deserves whatever he gets. this is from 2005:

The Cincinnati Bengals reworked and extended Palmer's contract on Thursday, giving themselves more salary cap flexibility and a chance to keep their franchise quarterback through 2014.

They added six years to a deal that still had three to go, providing Palmer with a chance to make $118.75 million in salary and bonuses over the next nine years. He very well could spend the rest of his career in stripes.

"Hopefully this is the last place I'll end up playing," Palmer said. "That's so rare in this league these days. It's so rare to see a person have a 5-, 8-, 10-, 12-year career in one place. And I feel very fortunate that it looks like that's going to be my future."

It was his choice, he took the money and committed himself to that crappy organization for possibly his entire career. That's a pretty gutsy move considering the history in cincy, but it was his call and he bears full responsibility for the decision.

Oviedo
10-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Delhomme had the Tommy John surgery I believe. Palmer will be back in 09.

Palmer is delaying surgery. Why would he want to come back to the same crap team and organization as the Bumgals?

Delay surgery, sit out 2009 on IR and collect your paycheck and then get released as a cap casualty or traded to a decent team in 2010. Sounds like a good plan for him. When is his contract up?

SteelTorch
10-26-2008, 11:15 AM
screw cornholio - he deserves whatever he gets. this is from 2005:

The Cincinnati Bengals reworked and extended Palmer's contract on Thursday, giving themselves more salary cap flexibility and a chance to keep their franchise quarterback through 2014.

They added six years to a deal that still had three to go, providing Palmer with a chance to make $118.75 million in salary and bonuses over the next nine years. He very well could spend the rest of his career in stripes.

"Hopefully this is the last place I'll end up playing," Palmer said. "That's so rare in this league these days. It's so rare to see a person have a 5-, 8-, 10-, 12-year career in one place. And I feel very fortunate that it looks like that's going to be my future."

It was his choice, he took the money and committed himself to that crappy organization for possibly his entire career. That's a pretty gutsy move considering the history in cincy, but it was his call and he bears full responsibility for the decision.
In Palmer's defense (vomits) the Bengals of 05 were a VERY different looking team than in 08. They had all the looks of a young, very talented team on the rise. Well, now Marvin's incompetency is showing, Chad is unhappy, their running game is sub average, their defense moreso, and Mike Brown is still raping the entire franchise as we speak. :D

eniparadoxgma
10-26-2008, 11:29 AM
In Palmer's defense (vomits) ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Starlifter
10-26-2008, 08:46 PM
In Palmer's defense (vomits) the Bengals of 05 were a VERY different looking team than in 08. They had all the looks of a young, very talented team on the rise. Well, now Marvin's incompetency is showing, Chad is unhappy, their running game is sub average, their defense moreso, and Mike Brown is still raping the entire franchise as we speak. :D

c'mon torch.....WE all knew the bungles were a one hit wonder. a pro like carson should have figured it out too......... :bungalssuck

Jom112
10-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Palmer is delaying surgery. Why would he want to come back to the same crap team and organization as the Bumgals?

Delay surgery, sit out 2009 on IR and collect your paycheck and then get released as a cap casualty or traded to a decent team in 2010. Sounds like a good plan for him. When is his contract up?

Palmer is going to wait as long as he can to see how the elbow heals without surgery. The deadline is when he can still have surgery, do rehab and be ready for the 2009 season. I believe he said that date is about a month or two away.

In Palmer's defense

I think I'm going to put this in my sig on the Bengals board...

Oviedo
10-29-2008, 08:07 AM

c'mon torch.....WE all knew the bungles were a one hit wonder. a pro like carson should have figured it out too......... :bungalssuck

He did figure it out. His top three receivers are: a head case, a criminal and and decent WR (TJ is good). He has a poor OL. He has no running game. No matter what he does on offense the defense will lose the game. There is no hope any decent free agent would ever want to go to the Bumgals so you are never going to get better.

Why do you think he is not rushing back into the line up. He'll have surgery as late as possible and be in no hurry to risk his career rushing back in 2009. The Bumgals had their one year and now can count on 6 wins or less every season for the next decade.

It will remain an easy place to get tickets for Steelers games there.