PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Smith may be out Sunday

SteelerNation1
10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Just read this on another board. Said Tomlin said he is questionable. WTF is going on here? If he doesn't play will we be able to stop their power running game? this is 10 times more devastating than losing weedy mcweed

frankthetank1
10-24-2008, 01:50 PM
i agree smith hurts more than losing holmes. i read that he hasnt practiced the last couple of days because of personal issues and now he is questionable? kirschke is a good back up and eason is ok but they need a.smith badly. he dominates

SteelerNation1
10-24-2008, 01:52 PM
i agree smith hurts more than losing holmes. i read that he hasnt practiced the last couple of days because of personal issues and now he is questionable? kirschke is a good back up and eason is ok but they need a.smith badly. he dominates
Maybe Eason steps up better this yr than 07. With our next opponents we need Smitty!

AkronSteel
10-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Is it a personal issue or is it an injury? If it is a personal issue and it's something that has to do with his family then I don't mind the fact that he will miss a week. Priorities are priorities and family comes first no matter what. If it is another injury to Aaron then the team is in big trouble for the forseeable future. He is the glue in the front seven that holds the team up against the run. I don't care if Big Snack is back or not.

Speaking of.....if Casey is back do they try Hoke at end? Just a thought!

frankthetank1
10-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Maybe Eason steps up better this yr than 07. With our next opponents we need Smitty!

eason has played so much better this season than last

Iron Shiek
10-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Is it a personal issue or is it an injury? If it is a personal issue and it's something that has to do with his family then I don't mind the fact that he will miss a week. Priorities are priorities and family comes first no matter what. If it is another injury to Aaron then the team is in big trouble for the forseeable future. He is the glue in the front seven that holds the team up against the run. I don't care if Big Snack is back or not.

Speaking of.....if Casey is back do they try Hoke at end? Just a thought!

I saw the same report about personal issues. Probably just the fact that he has been missing practice time, maybe he has to just show up on the injury report because they don't know if he's ready to play. I don't recall any injuries though.

SteelerNation1
10-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Just found this...

(KFFL) Updating a previous report, Pittsburgh Steelers DL Aaron Smith (personal) is not listed on the injury report for the team's Week 8 game but it appears he will not play in the game because of personal reasons. "He has our complete and full support. He is going through a time right now. It's questionable whether or not he'll participate (in the game) at this time," head coach Mike Tomlin said.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Just found this...

(KFFL) Updating a previous report, Pittsburgh Steelers DL Aaron Smith (personal) is not listed on the injury report for the team's Week 8 game but it appears he will not play in the game because of personal reasons. "He has our complete and full support. He is going through a time right now. It's questionable whether or not he'll participate (in the game) at this time," head coach Mike Tomlin said.

Glad he's not hurt, but that sounds like some serious family stuff might be going on there. Not good.

BigBen2112
10-24-2008, 06:33 PM
We're talking about Eason? LOL!

What a joke.

The only reason the line/D has still played well with injuries on the line is BECAUSE of Aaron Smith.

We'll again see what his worth is this week...sadly.

Iron Shiek
10-24-2008, 09:17 PM
He's definitely the glue. We are in trouble. Jacobs may be getting to the next level on us all day...

papillon
10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
There's a story out about Aaron Smith's childhood, dad and granddad and it wasn't a pretty picture for Aaron growing up. I'm looking for it, but, I can't recall where I saw the article. When I find it I'll post it.

Found it!

Aaron Smith Story (http://pit.scout.com/2/791403.html)

Pappy

SteelerNation1
10-24-2008, 10:49 PM

What a joke.

The only reason the line/D has still played well with injuries on the line is BECAUSE of Aaron Smith.

Cmon benny. Give credit where it's due. Answer this question, how can Aaron smith get credit for nick eason beating his guy and getting penetration through he oline?

AngryAsian
10-25-2008, 01:37 AM
This is bad news. But there's more to life than football, and if A. Smith needs to take a respite from football for personal issues than he surely deserves it. Its just incredible to me how this team has just crumbled with regards to personnel missing from the rotation and still are able to compete week in and week out. This week's opponent is our biggest test yet. We can't let these guys come to our house and win. If the stains were able to defend their home turf, we surely can fare better.

BURGH86STEEL
10-25-2008, 07:06 AM

What a joke.

I really do not understand why some people think this way. Although Smith is a good player, he does not play the other positions on the Dline. Without those other players stepping up, the run defense would've collapsed. Hopefully the backups can do the same this week.

frankthetank1
10-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Aaron Smith Story

wow thats a pretty horrible child hood. i cant believe he played against pat garrity in high school. that guy was a beast

stlrz d
10-25-2008, 09:57 AM

What a joke.

Cmon benny. Give credit where it's due. Answer this question, how can Aaron smith get credit for nick eason beating his guy and getting penetration through he oline?

It's the same as when you have a stud receiver who draws double teams. That allows someone else to step up on the other side.

When the O line has to shift it's attention to A Smith it allows the other guys to step up.

I really hope he plays.

If not, I think we lose. I believe he means that much to the defense, just as we saw last season once he was out.

Ozey74
10-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear this. I hope things in A. Smith's life can get squared away soon.

:tt2

BigLebowski
10-25-2008, 12:21 PM

If not, I think we lose. I believe he means that much to the defense, just as we saw last season once he was out.

He is the most important member of this defense. No doubt about it. IMO Eason and Kirschke look better this year. But I am not ready to give them the job on every down, at least this is only a personal issue and not an extended injury.

...Lastly at least he might be missing the game against a NFC team. :wink:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Did I miss it ... is he definitely out? Did he practice Friday?

Thanks -

BigLebowski
10-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Did I miss it ... is he definitely out? Did he practice Friday?

Thanks -

Sorry I fixed it (http://post-gazette.com/pg/08299/922814-66.stm)

Defensive end Aaron Smith was excused from practice for the third day in a row because of personal reasons, and coach Mike Tomlin said "it's questionable" if he'll play against the Giants.