PDA

View Full Version : Question for those going to the game

MeetJoeGreene
10-24-2008, 11:49 AM
... will you cheer or boo when Plex is announced and why?

would you do the same for ARE. What about Porter?

Personally, I would Boo for Plex and cheer for ARE. I would probably give a little cheer for Porter.

Ozey74
10-24-2008, 12:08 PM
I would boo Plax & cheer for Porter and ARE.

Iron Shiek
10-24-2008, 12:10 PM

Peezy is my boy! I'd cheer him...heck I'd probably cheer all of them. Maybe just a little golf clap for Burress though.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2008, 12:14 PM

:Agree

SteelerNation1
10-24-2008, 12:23 PM
I usually do the same thing thing for ex-Steelers I liked. I boo and clap at the same time. Thats what I did for Peezy.

ghettoscott
10-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I love Peezey, one of my favorite Steelers. Always cheer for Peeze. Same with ARE, i am happy dude got paid.

Boo for Plexiglass, never "felt" like a Steeler to me....

edit: I am not going to the game. :?

AkronSteel
10-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't boo Plaxico.......no reason to give the guy motivation. That is the only time he shows up anyway.

rpmpit
10-24-2008, 02:37 PM

Iron Shiek
10-24-2008, 02:54 PM

:wft :D

costanza2k1
10-24-2008, 02:55 PM

Personally, I would Boo for Plex and cheer for ARE. I would probably give a little cheer for Porter.

You never said why you would boo him.

I wouldn't boo or cheer for Plax unless he was showing off during the game. I didn't really care for this guy, he doesn't really seem to have any loyalty to the game and doesn't look like he respects it. Has all the talent in the world but not utilizing it all.

I would cheer for ARE, I loved his attitude and he never really said anything bad about the Steelers when he left. Class act. Same goes for Porter.

I would boo at Faneca when we play against if it happens. He called out his QB, his coaches, and threw a fit when things didn't go his way.

AkronSteel
10-24-2008, 06:51 PM

You never said why you would boo him.

I wouldn't boo or cheer for Plax unless he was showing off during the game. I didn't really care for this guy, he doesn't really seem to have any loyalty to the game and doesn't look like he respects it. Has all the talent in the world but not utilizing it all.

I would cheer for ARE, I loved his attitude and he never really said anything bad about the Steelers when he left. Class act. Same goes for Porter.

I would boo at Faneca when we play against if it happens. He called out his QB, his coaches, and threw a fit when things didn't go his way.

I myself grew really tired of Big Al's attitude. The guy was a team player until he won the Bowl and then after 05 it seemed that the only thing that mattered to him was his next pay day. His last two years in the Burgh he was living on reputation alone. I am glad that the team decided to let him and his attitude go to the Bretts. If you have watched the New York Bretts this year, you would notice that Al looks about the same as he did last year with the Steelers, not worth $40 million.

frankthetank1
10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
i agree about faneca, i really grew tired of his mouth and i never really liked burress even when he was a steeler. his work ethic is poor, he is a jerk and has a massive ego. also not sure if a lot of people remember this but in his first game (i think against jax) he spiked the ball after he landed with the ball and wasnt touched. i didnt like that at all. peezey and are are class acts. they have always been good team players and you know they want to win first and look good second and not the other way around

BigLebowski
10-25-2008, 11:57 AM
I am so exited I will be attending the game tomorrow. My doctor has finally given me permission. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

:Steel :tt1

Plexico and Faneca will get booed and deservedly so.

Porter and ARE will get booed but with no justification.

RuthlessBurgher
10-25-2008, 03:02 PM
i agree about faneca, i really grew tired of his mouth and i never really liked burress even when he was a steeler. his work ethic is poor, he is a jerk and has a massive ego. also not sure if a lot of people remember this but in his first game (i think against jax) he spiked the ball after he landed with the ball and wasnt touched. i didnt like that at all. peezey and are are class acts. they have always been good team players and you know they want to win first and look good second and not the other way around

Oh, yeah...we remember that one. I think you are right that it was against Jacksonville, but I don't think it was in his first game as a Steeler, though.

Porter and Randle El will always be remembered as great Steelers. :Clap

Burress had all the ability to be great, but he never was a true Steeler. :loser

Prima donnas never are. Boo. :Hater

costanza2k1
10-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Once again we have another example of how a Front Office goes out and spends outrageous money on Free Agents on need positions and then they don't deliver. I don't see 2k rusher on the Jets team even after they bought a new Oline. You can't buy chemistry, you have to draft players and then mold them to your coaching style and your way. Our Steeler way seems to have worked for us year in and year out and don't see how why that could change. Many of us constantly say some of our backups could start on another team, it just doesn't work out that way...they just aren't as successful as when they were with us. Our system is a proven one. Our FO makes some mistakes and does some really good work, see this years depth chart. See the number of people drafted by us who started in the SB. So when asked why I'm a Kool Aid fan, easy look at our track record. I have faith.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

buckeyehoppy
10-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I have no real ax to grind against Plax. I guess I politely give him a fair welcome as a "thank you" for the service he did render. Then, he becomes every other player to me...the enemy.

I definitely give ARE a warm welcome. He won his ring with the Steelers and was a big reason why they did. ARE is surely a part of Steelers lore.

I also give Peezy and AF warm welcomes for the same reasons as ARE with the added bonus that I know the Steelers got the best part of their careers and that they will never again reach the peak of their careers that they reached with the Steelers.

If there was a player who would come back and didn't realize their potential or the potential of the team before he took the $$$ and ran, then they would get a big razzberry from me...then I'd leave him alone. That's what I did to that rube Jim Thome when he came back to Jacobs Field...in a White Sux uni. None of the above guys fall into that category.

ghettoscott
10-27-2008, 09:58 AM
For those who went to the game; were there that many Giants fans at the game yesterday? When they scored their TD it came accross the TV really loud...wtf?

RuthlessBurgher
10-27-2008, 01:51 PM
For those who went to the game; were there that many Giants fans at the game yesterday? When they scored their TD it came accross the TV really loud...wtf?

At the end, there seemed to be a lot of Giant fans, because so many of our "fans" were leaving. :wft You give up on your team to beat 10 minutes worth of traffic? :wft

Seriously...I will never understand that mentality. After we gave the ball back to the Giants with a little over 2 minutes to go, the stands were freaking emptying at an alarming rate. I stood up and yelled "We still have 3 timeouts, plus the 2 minute warning, and they can't run the ball on us!" The Giant fans behind me acknowledged that the game was not over, but so many Steeler fans had already packed it in and were heading to the exits. I wanted a comeback like the Cleveland playoff game ending in the TD run by Fu, and tons of people trying to get back in, just to tick off all those people leaving more than anything. :wft

Iron Shiek
10-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah what a load of crap. I hate that $hit.

ghettoscott
10-27-2008, 09:10 PM
:(