PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady situation

Iron Shiek
10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Seems like a pretty big topic and no one has started a thread on this...so what the heck.

I was wondering people's thoughts on this. He could miss all of next season as a result of this infection! Karma anyone?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/23/pats-not-happy-with-brady-situation/

PATS NOT HAPPY WITH BRADY SITUATION?
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 12:11 p.m. EDT
For those of you who scoffed at the report from the Boston Herald of a total of three surgeries to address an infection in Tom Brady’s knee following ACL replacement, ESPN is now confirming the story.

(And so it must be true. Because if ESPN had learned that the story wasn’t accurate, ESPN simply would have never mentioned it.)

Per Wendi Nix of ESPN, the Patriots are upset that Brady opted not to have the surgery under the supervision of doctors of the team’s choosing. Brady, per ESPN, instead chose to have the surgery performed by a doctor selected by his family.

Wow.

The potential significance of this one can’t be overstated. (But we’ll nevertheless give it a whirl.) Brady is the consummate team player. Based on his performance in 2007, he’s arguably the most underpaid player in league history. Surely, the Patriots are going to be willing to give him some leeway regarding how he goes about reconstructing a fairly important aspect of his anatomy.

Even more surely, they’re not going to rub his face in his selection of Nick Riviera to perform the procedure at a time when Brady is facing six weeks of IV antibiotics and ongoing uncertainty about whether he’ll need a new ACL. If anything, the Pats would be hoping that he’ll choose to rely on their doctors if the current ACL needs to come out and a new one needs to be installed.

So we’re skeptical that the Pats would be upset with anything Brady is doing or has done. Besides, how would anyone at ESPN be in a position to know whether anyone in the Patriots’ organization is unhappy about anything? Given the manner in which ESPN.com piled onto the debunked Spygate II story from earlier in the year (which surely has been resurrected internally this week given the manner in which ESPN gave Favre a pass), our guess is that folks in Foxborough who truly know what’s going on would be more likely to talk to Ron Borges about their feelings regarding Brady’s surgery than anyone from ESPN.

Let’s put this situation in context. When it came to the Brett Favre story, Chris Mortensen was unable to access his batphone to Brett for anything that merited discussion on the air. Now, within hours after the Herald reporting on the number of surgeries Brady has had, ESPN not only confirms that fact but also is able to divine the beliefs of an organization full of people who presumably hate ESPN as much or more than Tom Jackson once said the players hate Bill Belichick.

Yeah, it all makes perfect sense to us.

Jigawatts
10-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Wow, another infection. Did he have the operation in Cleveland? :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Sounds like they are going to dump Marsha.

Anybody in favor of giving him a look as a backup QB?

:wink: :Cheers :Cheers

rpmpit
10-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Just like you said, IS - Karma is a bitch :twisted:

Its not in my nature to be happy about someone's misfortune. But in this case, its very hard to have sympathy for him or the Patriots.

Iron Shiek
10-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Just like you said, IS - Karma is a bitch :twisted:

Its not in my nature to be happy about someone's misfortune. But in this case, its very hard to have sympathy for him or the Patriots.

If you take out the sympathy for him part then I agree. This is a very serious situation and in some cases limb or life threatening. I'd hate for that to happen to anyone. But on the flipside, let's see the Cheaters cheat their way out of this one. Cassel looked competent vs a very crappy and injured defense. He is not the answer in my opinion. Who knows though, they'll probably trade a 5th round pick for Drew Brees in the offseason and all their problems will be magically solved.

I hate the Cheaters still for the Moss deal. Everyone knew Moss was tanking but Al Davis apparently. The fact that Roy Williams basically got the Herschel Walker treatment and Moss went for a 4th rounder really pi$$es me off. F*ck you Cheaters.

Sorry I went on that tangent...

MeetJoeGreene
10-24-2008, 08:38 AM
I am suprised that he had an infection at this particular clinic.

The surgeon, Dr. Mangini, is usually pretty good.

Wonder what happened.

rpmpit
10-24-2008, 08:48 AM

Wonder what happened.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joke aside, does anyone else find it scary that if someone like Tom Brady can get an infection from having knee surgery, how screwed are the rest of us?? He a multi-millionaire star quarterback and most of us being average joe doosh bags with horrible health insurance.

Ozey74
10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
For the first time in my life, I don't feel sorry for an athlete for being injured. Same goes for what Rodney Harrison.

RussBII
10-24-2008, 08:58 AM

Wonder what happened.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joke aside, does anyone else find it scary that if someone like Tom Brady can get an infection from having knee surgery, how screwed are the rest of us?? He a multi-millionaire star quarterback and most of us being average joe doosh bags with horrible health insurance.

That's just terrifying.

PFT reported that he eschewed the Patriots recommended surgeon and went with a friend of the family.

Look, I'm all for helping out buddies with businesses... but that extends to like dry wall repair, plumbing and work on my car. Surgeries are to be done by the most competent human I can find. And I would CERTAINLY take an NFL teams recommendation over my drunk uncle's.

SteelerNation1
10-24-2008, 11:03 AM

Is he related to Jets coach Eric Mangini? If so, I have a sneaking suspicion as to what may have happened.

proudpittsburgher
10-24-2008, 11:49 AM

Is he related to Jets coach Eric Mangini? If so, I have a sneaking suspicion as to what may have happened.

I do believe that was the joke. :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM

I do believe that was the joke. :lol:

You are on to me!!!

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Perhaps it was Dr. Nick.

http://www.wokmyway.com/smarch/bios/stars/10_05_DrNick.gif

"Hi everybody!"

Jigawatts
10-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Perhaps it was Dr. Nick.

http://www.wokmyway.com/smarch/bios/stars/10_05_DrNick.gif

"Hi everybody!"

:lol:

One hundred and twenty-nine ninety-five.