PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper Un-retires...

Iron Shiek
10-23-2008, 03:36 PM
...and everybody now wonders not why, but what took so long. Who the heck didn't see this about to happen 5 minutes after the "retirement" began.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/23/daunte-emerges-from-retirement/

DAUNTE EMERGES FROM RETIREMENT
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 2:25 p.m. EDT
In an e-mail sent to various media outlets (and us), retired quarterback Daunte Culpepper has opted to give football another try.

Here’s what he said:

“A number of teams have contacted me since my retirement announcement and have provided some important information that has caused me to reconsider returning to the League. As much as I have enjoyed my brief break from playing, I know that I love the game and I have some unfinished business in the NFL. It has never been because of a lack of passion for the game but rather, the absence of a fair opportunity to compete and play that caused me to retire. Now that there are some real opportunities that match my desire to play, I will choose the one that is the best fit for both the team and me so that I can continue my NFL career. For the second half of this season, I hope to play a role in helping a team win some games. I want to thank all of those who encouraged me to ‘keep a light on’ for the right NFL opportunity that would eventually come back to me.”

Culpepper recently spoke to the Chiefs, but they signed Quinn Gray to serve as the backup to Tyler Thigpen, since both Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard are on injured reserve.

Here’s a team to watch — the Broncos. Patrick Ramsey was placed on IR after Monday night’s loss to the Patriots, giving Denver a need on the depth chart behind Jay Cutler.

phillyesq
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Until somebody signs him, isn't this all just an issue of semantics?

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM

RuthlessBurgher would like to take this opportunity to retire from football.

Tune in tomorrow, though, when I hold a press conference to un-retire.

MeetJoeGreene
10-23-2008, 04:02 PM

Can I be your new agent?

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2008, 04:06 PM

Can I be your new agent?

Like my boy Daunte, I represent myself, fool. :lol:

Hardliner
10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
As sad as I am to say it, the Chiefs are the last team I'd want to play QB for in the NFL. With the likes of "Grandfather Clock" Dick Curl as QB coach, the front office in turmoil, the head coach in bunker mode, and the young owner grasping for straws, this franchise has morphed into the poster child for ineptness.

I always knew that rebuilding would be painful but this is downright life threatening. The Chiefs have sailed into a perfect storm of implosion and to get out of it, they need to keep in mind that the best way out is through. Put the Chiefs on hold for until about 2011 because it'll take that much time to sort out this mess.

By the way, I don't blame Culpepper for passing on the overture to play in KC. Right now, with all the issues and problems surrounding this team, only a QB with a death wish would consider this team or one that's desperate. Quinn Gray was the desperate one.

I hope none of you have to go through this kind of pain for your franchise...EVER.

MeetJoeGreene
10-23-2008, 04:09 PM

Can I be your new agent?

Like my boy Daunte, I represent myself, fool. :lol:

:loser

:D

eniparadoxgma
10-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Great news. Since he's a better quarterback than Dan Marino, Joe Montana, or Joe Namath I'm glad to see him back.

For any that doubt his greatness, all you have to do is check the penultimate quarterback statistic of YPA to see that he is ranked higher than any of the three mentioned above. Therefore, he's better...

:)

eniparadoxgma
10-23-2008, 05:11 PM
As sad as I am to say it, the Chiefs are the last team I'd want to play QB for in the NFL. With the likes of "Grandfather Clock" bad word Curl as QB coach, the front office in turmoil, the head coach in bunker mode, and the young owner grasping for straws, this franchise has morphed into the poster child for ineptness.

I always knew that rebuilding would be painful but this is downright life threatening. The Chiefs have sailed into a perfect storm of implosion and to get out of it, they need to keep in mind that the best way out is through. Put the Chiefs on hold for until about 2011 because it'll take that much time to sort out this mess.

By the way, I don't blame Culpepper for passing on the overture to play in KC. Right now, with all the issues and problems surrounding this team, only a QB with a death wish would consider this team or one that's desperate. Quinn Gray was the desperate one.

I hope none of you have to go through this kind of pain for your franchise...EVER.

Man, sorry you guys are having such a rough time Hardliner. It's one of the great things about the Steelers though: The ability to stay competitive year in and year out.

AkronSteel
10-23-2008, 10:58 PM
As sad as I am to say it, the Chiefs are the last team I'd want to play QB for in the NFL. With the likes of "Grandfather Clock" bad word Curl as QB coach, the front office in turmoil, the head coach in bunker mode, and the young owner grasping for straws, this franchise has morphed into the poster child for ineptness.

Look at the bright side Hardliner, at least your team in not the Bengals or the Lions. The Chiefs are having a rough year but if they can duplicate the success they had in last years draft then your team is really not that far away. Tim Tebow would look good in a Chiefs uniform. I think that is the next step in getting KC back to respectability. Keep your head up Bro....it can only get better from here. If I were the Chiefs I would ship LJ to the Bengals in the offseason. It seems he will fit in well there! I'm sure he and C Henry would be the best of friends.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Being that he is better than approx. 10 QB's that started last week I think it was a no brainer!

ramblinjim
10-24-2008, 10:27 AM
:Steel

Culpepper has probably also found out that the money outside of football is not nearly as good as the money he can make playing football.

SteelerOfDeVille
10-27-2008, 12:05 AM

slow down, Brett....