PDA

View Full Version : Giants @ Steelers Prediction Thread

stlrz d
10-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Forgot to start this one this morning...but it's an late afternoon start so I'm kind of on schedule. :D

Anyway, for a lot of reasons I think this one will be a squeaker for us.

23 - 20 Steelers.

Jigawatts
10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I think Plex has the game of his life, but we shut down the running game.

24-21 Good guys win. :tt2

Oviedo
10-23-2008, 02:45 PM
I think Plex has the game of his life, but we shut down the running game.

24-21 Good guys win. :tt2

He can't get the ball if Eli is on his butt. It is all about pass rush.

Iron Shiek
10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
20-13 was my original prediction I believe...I'll stick with it.

costanza2k1
10-23-2008, 03:54 PM
24-17 Steelers win

SheLi gets sacked 5 times
Plax is limited to 2 catches
RBs are shut down
Toomer gets 8-10 catches for 100+ yards

Discipline of Steel
10-23-2008, 05:20 PM
I usually predict consevatively...but this week, the Steelers rise to the top of the various power rankings after repeating what the Browns did. Steelers on an upward trend, Giants on a downward trend...35-17

buckeyehoppy
10-23-2008, 10:23 PM
I usually predict conservatively...but this week, the Steelers rise to the top of the various power rankings after repeating what the Browns did. Steelers on an upward trend, Giants on a downward trend...35-17

I might have said it differently, DoS...but YOU said it all!!!

Steelers, 34-14! A big win over the defending SB Champs!!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

AkronSteel
10-23-2008, 10:51 PM
This is going to be an old fashioned slugfest. I expect lots of D and a few big plays. I don't think the G-Men will be able to run the ball on the Steelers D which will put Eli....or Sheli (kinda like that Cos) in a perilous situation. He will be feeling the heat by the 3rd quarter and will begin making mistakes. I think the Steelers will need to be patient on offense and take what is given but eventually a big play to Nate or Santonio will make the difference. I think 17-13 will be the final score and yes the Steelers will finally start getting some respect.

:2c

:tt1

Man, I can't wait till Sunday!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
10-23-2008, 11:11 PM
20-13 STEELERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Ben proves once again why he is that much better than Eli.

MeetJoeGreene
10-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Hate to say it. But I think our injuries catch up with us.

The lack of BMAC will really hurt us.

Parker returns but has rust and we can't get our running game going.

Ben has a rough day (protection wise) but keeps us in the game.

21-17 Giants

BigBen2112
10-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Lets see...Aaron Smith out? And BMac out?

Yeah I have seen Aaron Smith out before...and I said it before and I said it again our whole depth on the DL revolves around Smith being in there.

Reminiscent of the Jags game:

Giants: 31
Steelers 20

And we will see the issue with lack of depth on the DL without Smith.

If Smith is in I think the score is more like:

27-20 we WIN.

Thats a huge difference because I think they will control the clock more with Smith out and I think Smith alone is worth another 11 points on D.

AkronSteel
10-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Lets see...Aaron Smith out? And BMac out?

Yeah I have seen Aaron Smith out before...and I said it before and I said it again our whole depth on the DL revolves around Smith being in there.

Reminiscent of the Jags game:

Giants: 31
Steelers 20

And we will see the issue with lack of depth on the DL without Smith.

If Smith is in I think the score is more like:

27-20 we WIN.

Thats a huge difference because I think they will control the clock more with Smith out and I think Smith alone is worth another 11 points on D.

It is going to be rough without Aaron if that is the case. I agree with ya Benny! If he doesn't play then it could be a long Sunday afternoon.

ramblinjim
10-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Hate to agree with Benny but I think he's right. Our injuries are going to catch up to us in this one.... Ben will keep us in it till the end.

Giants: 34
Steelers: 27

BigLebowski
10-25-2008, 12:36 PM
With Aaron Smith------
Steelers 24
GMEN 21

Without Aaron Smith------
Steelers 38
GMAN 37

Both are won with late game heroics by Big Ben.

RuthlessBurgher
10-25-2008, 04:24 PM
With our next 2 games against tough NFC East foes, Giants at home and Redskins on the road, I think we win one and lose one and end up 6-2 at the midway point. I wasn't sure which would be the win and which would be the loss, but since Santonio, Aaron, and Willie could all miss this game, but all three might be back next week, this could be the tougher game even though we are at home.

ghettoscott
10-25-2008, 05:12 PM
i just dont think the Giants will be able to get it going on us...

20 - 9; Nation wins.

:Beer

BigLebowski
10-25-2008, 05:23 PM
With our next 2 games against tough NFC East foes, Giants at home and Redskins on the road, I think we win one and lose one and end up 6-2 at the midway point. I wasn't sure which would be the win and which would be the loss, but since Santonio, Aaron, and Willie could all miss this game, but all three might be back next week, this could be the tougher game even though we are at home.

Well if this is true, I hope we lose to the GMAN.

History has shown that if we beat the Redskins next week, Barack Obama will be elected President, if they beat us, John McCain will win the whitehouse. :lol: :lol: :lol: