PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the Steelers will finish the season?

costanza2k1
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
I've been fairly confident about this season from the 2nd preseason game. I believe that the Steelers will win their 6th SB this year so much so that I put a $500 wager on them at 10-1 odds at the beginning of the season. I did it in 05 and won 8k and had the same feeling. I'm not trying to jinx the team but with the defense we have this year if we lined up and punted every time I feel like we're still in the game. So what our your thoughts. Yes I already know I'm a Kool Aid Drinker.

Iron Shiek
10-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Yes I already know I'm a Kool Aid Drinker.

Pass the Kool Aid my friend. I like Grape. I share your thoughts.

Oviedo
10-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I think the Steelers have a real shot at the Super Bowl given the current turmoil among preseason favorites. I think the Steelers will end the regular season at 11-5 and win the AFC North by at least two games.

Everything after that will be a crapshoot as most playoff are. I would expect Pittsburgh and Tennessee to meet in the AFCCG. Advantage Steelers.

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2008, 01:27 PM

It's not grape...it's purple. Water, sugar, purple...beyotch. :owned :lol:

stlrz d
10-23-2008, 02:13 PM
*whispers* I've got a feeling....

Iron Shiek
10-23-2008, 03:24 PM

:lol:

:moon

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2008, 04:03 PM
[quote=costanza2k1] Yes I already know I'm a Kool Aid Drinker.

:lol:

:moon[/quote:3cvdezca]

Ah, the wisdom of Dave Chappelle. I love when he talks about the little black kid in the Sunny D commercial whose eyes light up when the white mom ask the kids if they want the purple stuff. :lol:

Jigawatts
10-23-2008, 04:14 PM
I'll go with the Zayets prediction of 4-12.

Yeah, we finish 4-12. :lol:

ghettoscott
10-23-2008, 04:33 PM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1920/nightmarebm0.jpg

sweet sig Jigga

Jigawatts
10-23-2008, 04:47 PM
sweet sig Jigga

Thanks, too bad it's only temporary. Although I could extend it into next week and change
Manning to Campbell.

Special thanks to Shiek for posting his game photos on the forum. I "borrowed" the
Woodley image from him.

stlrz d
10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I wish those selecting "lose AFCC game" would post who they think we lose to.

I'm curious.

costanza2k1
10-23-2008, 09:32 PM
I agree, let's here...how can we make it there and lose it, would love to know the thought process.

Iron Shiek
10-24-2008, 08:36 AM
No problem Jiga. can't wait to see your sig. The filters finally went up again here at work and I can't see most pics now! Dammit!

And I agree with stlrzd and cos. Who on earth is beating us from the AFC...just wondering? Titans...Bills....no way. Do the Colts or Chargers turn it around and get hot in the p-offs? Maybe. Unless the Jags somehow make a run, which I doubt...they might have a chance. They always play us tough. Cheaters? Please....

motter1975
10-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Okay, I'll give you my answer...as I'm one who thinks we'll lose the AFC Championship game. It's not so much a thought process of who we'll lose to...but it's a history thing. I do think we're better than the other AFC teams, but we've been better than the other teams in the past and have still lost. Not trying to be pessimistic...just mostly trying to protect myself from crushing disappointment.

To my mind, losing in the AFC Championship game is the most disappointing end to a season, because if you don't make the playoffs, or bow out early in the playoffs, to me it's just that you weren't that great of a team that particular year...I can live with that. But when you make it to the AFC Championship, you start to get real visions of superbowls dancing in your head, and to fall short of getting there hurts like no other loss. To me, even losing in the Super Bowl isn't as bad, because at least you got to the big game...

That's my thoughts behind my answer...nothing concrete...more of a defense mechanism.

rpmpit
10-24-2008, 09:23 AM

I'm curious.

I thought the same thing and I'm going to assume they're thinking Tennesee.

Well, sorry to disappoint, but the Titans are gonna get knocked back to earth Monday night by the Colts. Mark it down!

If not the Titans then who?? The Bills?? The Broncos??? Puh-leeeeez :roll:

Super Bowl Baby!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

rpmpit
10-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Okay, I'll give you my answer...as I'm one who thinks we'll lose the AFC Championship game. It's not so much a thought process of who we'll lose to...but it's a history thing. I do think we're better than the other AFC teams, but we've been better than the other teams in the past and have still lost. Not trying to be pessimistic...just mostly trying to protect myself from crushing disappointment.

To my mind, losing in the AFC Championship game is the most disappointing end to a season, because if you don't make the playoffs, or bow out early in the playoffs, to me it's just that you weren't that great of a team that particular year...I can live with that. But when you make it to the AFC Championship, you start to get real visions of superbowls dancing in your head, and to fall short of getting there hurts like no other loss. To me, even losing in the Super Bowl isn't as bad, because at least you got to the big game...

That's my thoughts behind my answer...nothing concrete...more of a defense mechanism.

Cowher is gone. You can relax.

Iron Shiek
10-24-2008, 09:28 AM

I'm curious.

Well, sorry to disappoint, but the Titans are gonna get knocked back to earth Monday night by the Colts. Mark it down!

Super Bowl Baby!!!!

I was totally down on the Jags at the beginning of this season, but they have kind of treaded water with their injuries and I could see them making a deep run now that the Colts are struggling. I just don't think the Titans will sustain this run. Even if they are #1 seed, I see them getting bounced first round. How long can Kerry Collins keep it up. Now there is still the possibility of the Colts turning it around once they are finally healthy too. I think the Chargers have host of other issues and likely won't turn it around. So if I did pick us to lose in the AFCC (which I didn't), I'd have to go with the Jags or Colts (its always a team nobody expects in the middle of the season...look at the Giants last year).

rpmpit
10-24-2008, 09:45 AM
[quote="stlrz d":47djcstr]I wish those selecting "lose AFCC game" would post who they think we lose to.

I'm curious.

Super Bowl Baby!!!!

I was totally down on the Jags at the beginning of this season, but they have kind of treaded water with their injuries and I could see them making a deep run now that the Colts are struggling. I just don't think the Titans will sustain this run. Even if they are #1 seed, I see them getting bounced first round. How long can Kerry Collins keep it up. Now there is still the possibility of the Colts turning it around once they are finally healthy too. I think the Chargers have host of other issues and likely won't turn it around. So if I did pick us to lose in the AFCC (which I didn't), I'd have to go with the Jags or Colts (its always a team nobody expects in the middle of the season...look at the Giants last year).[/quote:47djcstr]

And us in '05!!!