PDA

View Full Version : Lolly's blog

costanza2k1
10-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Great news, we can go back to a Dline rotation which can't be good for opposing teams...I love it! I just hope we do a good job rotating in Moore with Parker, I don't want to see Davis in any rotation at all unless we're up by 60...he can play then.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Injured bodies return
Willie Parker and Casey Hampton returned to practice today and looked good. There's no reason to believe they should not be able to play Sunday.

Troy Polamalu was also practicing. I spoke with him afterward and he seemed normal. I don't see any reason why he won't be able to play as well.

As I've been reporting, don't look for Marvel Smith to play this week. He did not practice again Wednesday and was nowhere to be seen before or after practice. I even asked the PR staff to speak to him and nobody knew where he was - at least that was their story.

Team doctors were on hand at practice, though something that's not unusual - and Smith was likely with them.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 9:55 PM

SteelerNation1
10-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Great news, we can go back to a Dline rotation which can't be good for opposing teams...I love it! I just hope we do a good job rotating in Moore with Parker, I don't want to see Davis in any rotation at all unless we're up by 60...he can play then.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Injured bodies return
Willie Parker and Casey Hampton returned to practice today and looked good. There's no reason to believe they should not be able to play Sunday.

Troy Polamalu was also practicing. I spoke with him afterward and he seemed normal. I don't see any reason why he won't be able to play as well.

As I've been reporting, don't look for Marvel Smith to play this week. He did not practice again Wednesday and was nowhere to be seen before or after practice. I even asked the PR staff to speak to him and nobody knew where he was - at least that was their story.

Team doctors were on hand at practice, though something that's not unusual - and Smith was likely with them.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 9:55 PM
Marvel's price tag is heading south----the question is, do we risk it and sign him, or go with Starks, essex, or a FA???

Iron Shiek
10-23-2008, 12:19 PM
This is the 2nd (or more?) year in a row he's had issues (meaning Marvel). I don't think its worth it. I'd hate to have to bring someone new in since we will likely be having quite a few new faces on both sides of the line, but he is killing us right now by not being able to depend on him.

SteelerNation1
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
This is the 2nd (or more?) year in a row he's had issues (meaning Marvel). I don't think its worth it. I'd hate to have to bring someone new in since we will likely be having quite a few new faces on both sides of the line, but he is killing us right now by not being able to depend on him.
This brings me to BMac. Will this injury hurt his negotiations this offseason? Will we be able to sign him for a bit less than we thought? IMO, other teams will not shy away from him and his price tag will be in the neighborhood of 50-60 million for 5 or 6 years.

Iron Shiek
10-23-2008, 12:25 PM
This brings me to BMac. Will this injury hurt his negotiations this offseason? Will we be able to sign him for a bit less than we thought? IMO, other teams will not shy away from him and his price tag will be in the neighborhood of 50-60 million for 5 or 6 years.

Yeah I think teams are taking notice of what he can do when healthy. I don't anticipate him losing any value. Heck, Al Davis will gladly throw $70 million at him probably, then we'd be screwed.

AkronSteel
10-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Good Stuff!! Glad to see FWP and Big Snack getting back on the practice field and looking good. As I said a few weeks back I think this will actually be a good thing down the stretch as these two will be fresher. I like the fact that Carey is back too. The team will have more options as far as formations and protections. It's always nice to be able to mix things up. The offense has been heavy for the last couple of weeks with one-back sets.

The Marvel thing is a concern, but if Max keeps performing like he did last week and last year when Marvel originally went down then the team will survive. I was one who wanted the team to extend Marvel before the year, so I'm glad they used caution with the situation. There is no reason for them to extend him at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel retire after the season. I have personal experience with back issues and it will never get better. If it is true and he is having numbness in his toes then that is a serious issue.

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2008, 01:29 PM

Yeah I think teams are taking notice of what he can do when healthy. I don't anticipate him losing any value. Heck, Al Davis will gladly throw $70 million at him probably, then we'd be screwed.

If that means Nnamdi Asomugha would be coming the other way, I would take that.

frankthetank1
10-23-2008, 02:40 PM

wont he be looking for the same kind of money or even more money than bmac?

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2008, 02:45 PM

wont he be looking for the same kind of money or even more money than bmac?

Of course he would. He's also a better corner than BMac. And a respectable guy to boot (there was an article about his family and the charities he is involved in on ESPN.com last week...you should take a look if you get a chance). I don't see any way he signs back on to the train-wreck in Oakland again (unless they give him the exclusive rights franchise tag for the second year in a row...although his salary would have to be boosted another 20%...I think...for that to happen). He'd make a heck of a Steeler (even though he'd be way out of our price range, so I'm only pipe dreaming again).