PDA

View Full Version : So, anyone else nervous about Sunday against the Gints?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-22-2008, 07:40 PM
I think this game is completely winnable, but like every time the Steelers suit up (even against the Bungles and the Clowns!) I'm kind of sitting here with these bad thoughts going through my head: "... left tackle ...sacks ... interceptions ... special teams meltdown, aren't we due for one? ... 15 yard cushion ... Reed's hamstring ... Townsend and Gay? ... concussions ... "

Geesh, why can't I just sit back and enjoy a good football game? Maybe I'll have a beer during the game to relax :shock: :Cheers :Cheers

pittpete
10-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Nope
Only games I was nervous about so far were Philly and Jax.

proudpittsburgher
10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
I think this game is completely winnable, but like every time the Steelers suit up (even against the Bungles and the Clowns!) I'm kind of sitting here with these bad thoughts going through my head: "... left tackle ...sacks ... interceptions ... special teams meltdown, aren't we due for one? ... 15 yard cushion ... Reed's hamstring ... Townsend and Gay? ... concussions ... "

Geesh, why can't I just sit back and enjoy a good football game? Maybe I'll have a beer during the game to relax :shock: :Cheers :Cheers

That's why you buy Sunday Ticket, to find a good football game to relax to AFTER the Steelers win. Or get a DVR to record NFL re-airs of classic Steelers games which you know they will win. Nice and relaxing. :P As for live games, No eating, tight stomach, ball of nerves, lots of pacing, that's the way it is man.

stlrz d
10-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Surprisingly, no.

SteelerNation1
10-22-2008, 08:28 PM
I am nervous for every Steelers game...even the old recorded ones I know we win. :shock: However, come gametime, once Ive had 25 or so cold ones, I'll be ready to cheer my face off and give Eli and Plex a piece of my mind. What was thing I kept reading about the new NFL fan conduct something or other? Oh well, probably not a big deal. :tt2

steelz09
10-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I am..

I think that their strong on both lines - D-Line, and O-Line. If Eli gets plenty of time to through the ball, our secondary could be in trouble. I'm counting on Woodley and Harrison to bring on heat on Eli.

Their D-Line is what worries me the most with their ability to be successful rushing the passer with only their front 4. I think this is both a necessary and tough test. I think Starks will struggle as usual with the speed rusher and I also think that Tuck definitely has the upper edge on Colon. I'm also excited to see Stapleton... hopefully he can continue to impress.

Iron Shiek
10-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Quick slants...nothing but quick slants. Then when Santonio and Hines lull them to sleep, BOOOOM! Over the top to Nate Dogg! Genius, pure genius. Their secondary won't handle our WR's. Arians just has to give Ben a chance to throw the ball with quick drops.

AkronSteel
10-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Suprisingly I am not at all nervous about this game. I just think the team will come ready to play. They seem like they are ready to make a statement. For some reason I just feel like this game will be like the Pats* game in '04. I just have a quiet confidence about this game. I think the Giants are walking into a buzzsaw. The place will be good and sauced by game time. Man....I love 4 o'clock starts in the Burgh!

Anyone know when the last time it was that the Steelers lost a 4 o'clock start at home? I can't recall!

frankthetank1
10-23-2008, 07:40 AM
im nervous about every game so this game is no different. i feel better than i did prior to the eagle or jags game.

MeetJoeGreene
10-23-2008, 07:54 AM
im nervous about every game so this game is no different..

I feel the same way.

rpmpit
10-23-2008, 07:56 AM
I was until I beat them 45-7 in Madden this morning :lol:

Well, like some have said, I get a bit nervous for every game. But I think we win this game pretty easily if we get to Eli early and rattle him. Besides, I work with 6 Giants fans, including my boss, so this is a must win for me.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Oviedo
10-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Quick slants...nothing but quick slants. Then when Santonio and Hines lull them to sleep, BOOOOM! Over the top to Nate Dogg! Genius, pure genius. Their secondary won't handle our WR's. Arians just has to give Ben a chance to throw the ball with quick drops.

Exactly. Moore, Miller and Spaeth should each see at least 5 balls go their way. If Ben is taking 5 step drops looking deep then we are in trouble.

frankthetank1
10-23-2008, 08:35 AM

Exactly. Moore, Miller and Spaeth should each see at least 5 balls go their way. If Ben is taking 5 step drops looking deep then we are in trouble.

i agree, ben has to get the ball out of his hand quickly. the giants secondary is pretty suspect

Ozey74
10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
You bet I get nervous for every game!! That's what makes somebody a fan.

:tt2

steeld95
10-23-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm more anxious then nervous. I think we have a good shot at this game. I know their D line is good and our O-line is bad. I don't see our O-line getting that much better this year....so we have to go out and win games with what we have. We know our O-line is our weakness, now lets see how we handle that with the meat of our schedule coming up. This game should be a good measuring stick for us. These upcoming games will really tell us what kind of team we have.

proudpittsburgher
10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm more anxious then nervous. I think we have a good shot at this game. I know their D line is good and our O-line is bad. I don't see our O-line getting that much better this year....so we have to go out and win games with what we have. We know our O-line is our weakness, now lets see how we handle that with the meat of our schedule coming up. This game should be a good measuring stick for us. These upcoming games will really tell us what kind of team we have.

The O-line has looked better ( I know, it's easy to find imrovement after the first couple of weeks) against the last couple of opponants, but they both had d-line issues, so this game will be a very good measureing stick for play calling improvements and o-line protection. We need to know if this is going to be a problem going into this tough stretch of games.

costanza2k1
10-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Duplicate post....

costanza2k1
10-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm normally nervous about games like this but for some reason I'm confident we're going to win. I say that because our defense is just awesome. We will stop the run, we'll take out Plax and we'll let Amani try and make all the plays. Once She-Li get's hit once by Harrison he'll start crying like someone just did him dirty and that will be the beginning of the end.

I have a playoff feeling now and looking at our schedule it seems to on!

One for Plax: :moon

One for She-Li: :moon

Two for the pansy Couglin: :moon :moon

BigRob
10-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Wasn't Spagnolo with the Eagles prior to the Giants? Uh Oh :shock:

eniparadoxgma
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM
You bet I get nervous for every game!! That's what makes somebody a fan.

:tt2

Hmm....I don't get nervous before any games. I get anxious during the games, but never nervous before a game or anything.

Does this mean I'm not a fan now? :cry:

:mrgreen: :tt2 :tt2 :tt2