PDA

View Full Version : Nate W: Does anyone still get nervous??

MeetJoeGreene
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
When the ball is thrown to Nate?

This Sunday was the first time that I didn' t hold my breath when it was thrown his way for fear of bobbling, drop.

I probably just jinxed him.

RussBII
10-22-2008, 10:52 AM
When the ball is thrown to Nate?

This Sunday was the first time that I didn' t hold my breath when it was thrown his way for fear of bobbling, drop.

I probably just jinxed him.

Nate's come on strong lately. I dunno if he just realized how to catch, got some contact lenses, or stole Sweed's mojo... but he seems to have found his stride. I don't get nervous anymore.

What does vex me, is that the majority of the deep balls seem to be going to Nate lately... why isn't Santonio getting open? Or is he just drawing the more talented corners?

Oviedo
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Yes, but I hope he continues to prove me to be a know nothing moron. Just catch the ball.

steelz09
10-22-2008, 12:15 PM
I still get nervous every time the ball is thrown deep to Nate.

I really thought he dropped the ball last week in the endzone until the replay. But in his defense, he has been much better about catching the ball

stlrz d
10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Surprisingly, no.

Starlifter
10-22-2008, 02:27 PM
he's catching the ball fine this year - i can just do without the arrogance. someone who has underachieved to the level he has over the past few years has no business waving 'bye' to a defender, EVER.

pittpete
10-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Nope

steelz09
10-22-2008, 07:33 PM
he's catching the ball fine this year - i can just do without the arrogance. someone who has underachieved to the level he has over the past few years has no business waving 'bye' to a defender, EVER.

I couldn't agree more. Nate has one great game then he goes on to catch a total of 2 balls in the next four games... he disappears too much.

steeld95
10-23-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't get nervous with Nate. You have to realize...realistically he is our 4th option in the passing game, if you count Miller. I don't know of many teams that have a better 4th option then Nate. He adds alot to the passing game with him holding onto the ball....

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I don't get nervous with Nate. You have to realize...realistically he is our 4th option in the passing game, if you count Miller. I don't know of many teams that have a better 4th option then Nate. He adds alot to the passing game with him holding onto the ball....

:Agree

Off the top of my head, the only one that I could think of would be Anthony Gonzalez as the 4th option in Indy behind Wayne, Harrison, and Clark. Perhaps Dallas since Roy Williams is likely the 4th option behind T.O., Witten, and throwing to whatever RB comes out the backfield (MBIII or Felix when healthy).

Oviedo
10-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Given Stupidio's violation of THE LAW I guess we had better have a lot more confidence in Nate. I may even have to open the Central Florida Chapter of the "I Love Nate Club" :wink:

MeetJoeGreene
10-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Given Stupidio's violation of THE LAW I guess we had better have a lot more confidence in Nate. I may even have to open the Central Florida Chapter of the "I Love Nate Club" :wink:

My concern with Nate on this front is that he won't fare well as a #2 receiver. I just don't know how well he will perform against really good DBs as opposed to their 4th CB.

Oviedo
10-24-2008, 11:07 AM

My concern with Nate on this front is that he won't fare well as a #2 receiver. I just don't know how well he will perform against really good DBs as opposed to their 4th CB.

Two words: Miller and Spaeth.

Iron Shiek
10-24-2008, 11:14 AM

My thoughts too. And who knows, this suspension may not happen for a while, and may only be a game or two. With Davis back to stay back and block (or McHugh), we can hopefully go ahead and release one or both of these guys off the line and mix them into the gameplan.

BigBen2112
10-24-2008, 11:16 AM
We'll see how good Sweed is.

RuthlessBurgher
10-24-2008, 12:19 PM

My thoughts too. And who knows, this suspension may not happen for a while, and may only be a game or two. With Davis back to stay back and block (or McHugh), we can hopefully go ahead and release one or both of these guys off the line and mix them into the gameplan.

I believe the first recreational (i.e. non-performance-enhancining) drug-related offense results in some mandatory counseling and increased frequency of testing, but I don't believe suspensions start popping up until a second offense.