PDA

View Full Version : Browns Suspend Winslow

Oviedo
10-22-2008, 07:34 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08296/921756-66.stm

You can still hate them but at least they have a set of b@lls unlike anyone associated with the Bumgals. This is why the Bumgals will continue to be loser bums and we have to keep an eye over our shoulders for the Stains.

proudpittsburgher
10-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Big balls, yes, but

In a lengthy statement released yesterday, Savage called Winslow's comments and behavior "unwarranted, inappropriate, and unnecessarily disparaging to our organization."

Notice that nowhere in his statement did Savage say that Winslow's remarks were untrue (about asking him to hide what happened). Toss the whole lot of em out the door. :tt2

RussBII
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Big balls, yes, but

In a lengthy statement released yesterday, Savage called Winslow's comments and behavior "unwarranted, inappropriate, and unnecessarily disparaging to our organization."

Notice that nowhere in his statement did Savage say that Winslow's remarks were untrue (about asking him to hide what happened). Toss the whole lot of em out the door. :tt2

Here's what I don't get. The browns obviously wanted KW2 to be quiet about the whole thing... so why didn't they then treat him like royalty until the whole thing blew over? They had to know he'd get his panties (probably camo panties) in a bunch about not being visited/stroked, and that would lead to him talking. If they didn't, then they don't know their personnel at all...

It's just not sound decision making in my opinion. And why can't they get rid of this Staph issue?

Oviedo
10-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Interesting comment on MIke and Mike this morning. Apparently Winslow was actually being shopped around before the trade deadline but the Browns could not get what they wanted in return. If true we could have another Ocho Cinco in the making.

MeetJoeGreene
10-22-2008, 11:12 AM
What kind of 3rd world chop shop medical facility are the stains running up there?

I mean, come on.......

proudpittsburgher
10-22-2008, 12:30 PM
What kind of 3rd world chop shop medical facility are the stains running up there?

I mean, come on.......

Seriously. Staph infections are no joke, almost killed Greg Lloyd, and he's one tough SOB. The staph stuff aside, how the Browns are handling this, and how the Bungles handle their personell issues, the NFL in the state of Ohio is a joke, and has been for quite some time.

RussBII
10-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Ok, staph infections are no joke... but this is still kinda funny

http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/philsavagestaph.jpg

Phil Savage disputes the notion that he didn’t show sympathy to Kellen Winslow; “I gave him his own parking space,” Savage said.

If the img link busts, here's the the actual link
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/media/pic-of-the-day/

Oviedo
10-22-2008, 04:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3657993

Winslow has appealed his suspension. Just gotta believe that this is going to get TO or Ocho Cinco like ugly before it gets any better. It will be great spectator sports to see the Stains start to choose sides and implode.

buckeyehoppy
10-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Hellen Winslow...cancer of the Clowns!

I think this whole staph thing is a big smokescreen. We were talking at work and someone claimed that he had elephantitis of the nuts. That would make it hard to run, to be sure.

Whatever his g-ddam problem is, Hellen Winslow is a f---ing loser. I LOVED it when the Clowns drafted him because I knew the guy would be a great big hairy rash on that team, and just as itchy. The Clowns haven't won $hit with him. But he's a Warrior...a civil warrior...and his civil war with his team is going to cause those dorks to implode.

What fitting karma for the team that fired Paul Brown...what a classy bunch! :roll:

ikestops85
10-23-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm certainly not a fan of winslow but I must say I have to side with him on this suspension. It's kind of shady that the organization wants to keep the nature of his illness quiet from it's own players. In this situation I think Savage is the guy who should be suspended. Not that any of this excuses Winslow from being an arse.

Iron Shiek
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Here is another article on the matter. Savage apparently went off on his radio station about Winslow not being bigger than the team.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/23/savage-goes-off/

SAVAGE GOES OFF
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 9:57 a.m. EDT
Browns G.M. Phil Savage, in his weekly radio spot on WTAM in Cleveland, addressed the one-week suspension imposed on tight end Kellen Winslow.

The Browns suspended Winslow after he accused the team of covering up the fact that he was hospitalized for a staph infection. Winslow said that the team hid behind his privacy interests in order to keep the public from learning that the Browns have sustained yet another staph infection.

Savage started off calmly, but then gradually worked himself into an arguable frenzy regarding the integrity of the team and the dedication of the people who work for the organization. At one point, he was rattling off obscure names of non-football employees like a Vegas performer introducing the members of his 30-piece backup band.

“The Browns are bigger than one person,” Savage said. “We won’t allow one person to tear down the organization.”

Savage also defended himself against Winslow’s accusation that Savage didn’t care about Winslow’s illness. Going on and on arguably longer than he should have, Savage talked about all of his duties and his efforts to engage as many of his players as possible in a dialogue.

As to the reason for the hospitalization, Savage said that the team and Winslow had agreed that the information would be kept confidential. Though Savage didn’t address whether the reason given by Winslow is the real reason, the problem with the HIPAA law as applied to this specific case is that the player can say whatever he wants to say about the reason he was in the hospital, and the team can’t say anything to the contrary.

The rumor in the locker room was that Winslow had a couple of medicine balls in his boxers. We then learned that he had an infection, and was being treated with antibiotics. Deadspin reported on rumors that Winslow had an STD.

If those rumors were true, it would make sense for Winslow to play the staph card. And then the Browns end up getting smeared for a staph infection that didn’t happen.

If this case includes such a dynamic, it’s certain to come out during the arbitration hearing regarding Winslow’s suspension.

Hopefully, the stenographer is a member of PFT Planet.