PDA

View Full Version : Winslow Hospitalized

Oviedo
10-10-2008, 11:24 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3635743

"Undisclosed illness" We all know that living in Cleveland is unhealthy.

If they lose Winslow for any length of time, they will be even more MIA than they are now.

Shawn
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Well, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

phillyesq
10-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Is it poor form to start on pool on if/when he develops a staph infection?

Oviedo
10-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Is it poor form to start on pool on if/when he develops a staph infection?

No. :brownssuck

Maybe he has been spending too much "quality time" with Brady Quinn :shock:

proudpittsburgher
10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Come on gang. As much as we hate the Browns :brownssuck , let's lay off the jokes until we see if this is something serious.

frankthetank1
10-10-2008, 01:09 PM
hopefully it wasnt another motorcycle accident

phillyesq
10-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Come on gang. As much as we hate the Browns :brownssuck , let's lay off the jokes until we see if this is something serious.

Ok, ok, I would like to lay off the jokes. And then you get this, from PFT:

WINSLOW HAS SWOLLEN, UM, PARTS?
Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2008, 12:51 p.m.

A league source tells us that the talk among the Browns is that tight end Kellen Winslow landed in the Cleveland Clinic because his balls swelled to the size of grapefruits.

(We think that technical term is testiculus coconutus.)

Actually, one explanation for the situation is a condition known as hyrdocele. And while the condition in itself isnít serious, it could be a symptom of testicular cancer.

And, yeah, I squirmed in my chair the entire time I typed this.

I sincerely hope that it's not cancer, because I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Ozey74
10-10-2008, 01:37 PM

I agree. Hopefully this is something embarrassing that we can make fun of him about. Like the time when George Brett got hemroids.

Shawn
10-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I would think that because of the hospitalization that it probably is a hydrocele. That is good news for Winslow. It will likely need surgical correction and we can then proceed with the jokes. :lol:

Less likely is testicular cancer. Generally, the swelling tends to come on a little slower. With the little information that we have...that would be my guess. With all of that said, testicular cancer has about a 99% survival rate...it is indeed a young man's cancer.

Ozey74
10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
I would think that because of the hospitalization that it probably is a hydrocele. That is good news for Winslow. It will likely need surgical correction and we can then proceed with the jokes. :lol:

Less likely is testicular cancer. Generally, the swelling tends to come on a little slower. With the little information that we have...that would be my guess. With all of that said, testicular cancer has about a 99% survival rate...it is indeed a young man's cancer.

It's nice to have a resident doctor in our community!! Thanks.

Djfan
10-10-2008, 02:32 PM
SMC,

You set this board apart from all the rest. Who else has a resident testicle expert?

Oviedo
10-10-2008, 02:32 PM

Yes it is, but with 1795 posts on this board alone when does he actually have time to practice medicine and see patients? :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
10-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Perhaps he drank a whole vial of "V"

Did anyone else watch "True Blood" on HBO this week?

Even though they only showed Jason explaining the situation to LaFayette by sticking a meat thermometer into hot dog, I still was uncomfortable with the thought. :shock:

Oviedo
10-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Perhaps he drank a whole vial of "V"

Did anyone else watch "True Blood" on HBO this week?

Even though they only showed Jason explaining the situation to LaFayette by sticking a meat thermometer into hot dog, I still was uncomfortable with the thought. :shock:

I did and that is exactly what popped into my mind when he was disclosed to be a "man problem." It brought a smile to my face that the show had something so similar.

Ozey74
10-10-2008, 03:02 PM
SMC,

You set this board apart from all the rest. Who else has a resident testicle expert?

The other board has Queerbait. Isn't he a testicle expert?

:lol:

BigBen2112
10-10-2008, 03:41 PM

Yes it is, but with 1795 posts on this board alone when does he actually have time to practice medicine and see patients? :wink:

During the same time that I have to study it! :lol: :lol: :lol: