PDA

View Full Version : NFL Can go to HELL!

BigBen2112
10-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I am so f*cking sick of this sh*t. I mean seriously:

Ward FINED?!
CLARK FINED?
Harrison Fined--ok I get it I guess

But seriously the way the NFL is going there will be more physical play in a ballet than in the NFL!

What's next? Tights and tootoo's for all the FEmales on the field who dont want to get hit? :roll: :roll: :roll:

AngryAsian
10-09-2008, 09:10 PM
I wish you'd stop sugarcoating things, it makes your points very vague. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-09-2008, 09:23 PM
"Quarterbacks should wear dresses"

-Jack Lambert

Jom112
10-10-2008, 11:03 AM
I did read (Granted it was from PFT), that only 10% of fines are actually publicized. So while it appears the NFL is targeting Steeler players, it could just be that they are fined about the same as everyone else.

So I have a theory on why the NFL is cracking down so much now. Goodell said his goal is to get to 20 regular season games at some point. 18 regular season games first then bump it up to 20. One major obstacle could be player health. I think them cracking down on any unnecessary hits could keep players healthier so they can sustain their bodies for a 20 game schedule.

So while player health has always been important, it is even more so now...

frankthetank1
10-10-2008, 11:17 AM
why did clark get fined? i must of missed that. i dont like how the nfl fines players for almost anything these days but its still the best league in sports. i find it hard to believe that pacman jones will get no kind of punishment. what happened to the new code of conduct rules? goodell just isnt consistent

BigBen2112
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I did read (Granted it was from PFT), that only 10% of fines are actually publicized. So while it appears the NFL is targeting Steeler players, it could just be that they are fined about the same as everyone else.

So I have a theory on why the NFL is cracking down so much now. Goodell said his goal is to get to 20 regular season games at some point. 18 regular season games first then bump it up to 20. One major obstacle could be player health. I think them cracking down on any unnecessary hits could keep players healthier so they can sustain their bodies for a 20 game schedule.

So while player health has also been important, it is even more so now...

So to make more $$$ he is going to make the product on the field SH*T?!

Great idea a$$wipe Goodell.

frankthetank1
10-10-2008, 11:24 AM
no way they will up the number of games in a season. i dont see the players union agreeing to that no matter what. its the stupidest idea i think i have ever heard regarding the nfl

SteelTorch
10-10-2008, 11:32 AM

I'd rather be excited for 16 games than bored for 20. Hard hits have always been part of the sport.

I'm all for a longer season, but if Goodell has to actually change the sport to do it, he can go shove it. :evil:

ANPSTEEL
10-10-2008, 11:37 AM
these fines and penalties are really going to erode the game- imo.

this is american rules football-

it is a full contact sport, where men are incentivized to be larger, stronger, more aggressive - to succeed.

you know, i was about to post a long rant on how pussified the game is becoming...

but i dont have the energy-

if they are going to fine ryan clark for his hit on matt jones... when clearly he was doing his job... per the traditional rules of football-

well then, they might as well give up the charade and call it soccer.

w t f???

Jom112
10-10-2008, 11:41 AM

I'd rather be excited for 16 games than bored for 20. Hard hits have always been part of the sport.

I'm all for a longer season, but if Goodell has to actually change the sport to do it, he can go shove it. :evil:

I agree. You can't have defensive players being cautious on the field for 20 games.

Also it's just my own theory, and it's not really based on anything...