PDA

View Full Version : Complete and Utter B.S!!!!!! Ward Fined for hit.

Iron Shiek
10-09-2008, 12:53 PM
So where is fat a$$ Rogers' fine...I'm still waiting you pu$$y a$$ goodell.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/09/hines-ward-fined-5000-for-unnecessary-roughness/

HINES WARD FINED $5,000 FOR UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2008, 12:40 p.m. EDT
Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward has been fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness during Pittsburgh’s September 29 game against the Ravens.

Ward says he thinks he knows which hit drew the fine, but that he’s baffled that he’s getting fined even though he was not penalized on the play.

“That’s what’s so crazy about it,” Ward said. “How do you not get penalized but you get a fine? It was on [Ravens cornerback] Corey Ivy, I think. I don’t know. All I saw was the letter, $5,000 for unnecessary roughness.”

Ward is known as one of the toughest blockers in the league among wide receivers, and one unnamed coach said during the off-season that Ward is the dirtiest player in the NFL. But Ward’s point in this case is basically, If the officials didn’t throw a flag, what could he have done wrong?

Of course, players get fined all the time for plays on which they weren’t penalized. And Ward seems to know that, because he says he’s probably not going to bother with an appeal.

frankthetank1
10-09-2008, 01:41 PM
wow that is a bunch of bs. i cant believe that

SteelTorch
10-09-2008, 01:44 PM
The reason is simple. Goodell = clueless douchebag. :wink:

AngryAsian
10-09-2008, 03:11 PM
What ever "unnamed coach" said Hines is the dirtiest player in the NFL needs to go to his local physician and get a regimen of antibiotics because he's obviously has a full blown case of "MANGINITIS." An inflamed Mangina is a very nasty thing to have. As for Hines, I think his hard hitting style is what has always endeared him to the Steeler faithful. We've always been used to a hard hitting defense and a punishing running game. Hines has added new dimension to that style of ball by making the WR position just as brutal and just as punishing as a smash mouth RB or beastly LB or a bone crushing DE. If other coaches can't respect that, maybe they should be coaching ping pong.

RuthlessBurgher
10-09-2008, 03:18 PM
What ever "unnamed coach" said Hines is the dirtiest player in the NFL needs to go to his local physician and get a regimen of antibiotics because he's obviously has a full blown case of "MANGINITIS." An inflamed Mangina is a very nasty thing to have. As for Hines, I think his hard hitting style is what has always endeared him to the Steeler faithful. We've always been used to a hard hitting defense and a punishing running game. Hines has added new dimension to that style of ball by making the WR position just as brutal and just as punishing as a smash mouth RB or beastly LB or a bone crushing DE. If other coaches can't respect that, maybe they should be coaching ping pong.

An unnamed coach has Manginitis? Is that an inflammation of Jets' coach Eric Mangini?

rpmpit
10-09-2008, 03:21 PM
http://www.absolutad.com/gallery/originals_bull****1_ranndino.jpg

Iron Shiek
10-09-2008, 03:29 PM

Yeah his hits always look worse because of the own fault of the hit-ee. Those d-bags that get clocked by Hines should be more wary of who their opponent is. Just because its a WR, he's not allowed to put in his hits? That is crap.

ikestops85
10-09-2008, 05:51 PM
So where is fat a$$ Rogers' fine...I'm still waiting you pu$$y a$$ goodell.

I don't think Goodell has anything to do with these fines. I'm pretty sure that the Director of Football Operations, Gene Washington, is the person who issues the fines.

Jom112
10-09-2008, 06:02 PM

Ward has been called my many coaches/players dirty. I remember he finished 1st among skill position players for being dirty in a poll done by players and coaches.

Michael Strahan wrote in his book a while back that Ward and Marvin Harrison were the dirtiest receivers in the league because they would dive at your knees when you weren't looking. So I wouldn't just say it's this one "unnamed" coach. Here is a quote from Strahan:

"Inside the Helmet" By Michael Strahan

Guys like the Colt's Marvin Harrison and the Steelers' Hines Ward - the guys who are seen as classy-are two of the worst snipers. They take those kinds of shots often. Players hate them on the field. Don't grin and smile in our faces, then dive at our knees when we weren't looking!

Blocking hard (like the hit on Bart Scott) is one thing, but if Strahan is telling the truth then that's something else...

GreggyDigital
10-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Ward has been called my many coaches/players dirty. I remember he finished 1st among skill position players for being dirty in a poll done by players and coaches.

Michael Strahan wrote in his book a while back that Ward and Marvin Harrison were the dirtiest receivers in the league because they would dive at your knees when you weren't looking. So I wouldn't just say it's this one "unnamed" coach. Here is a quote from Strahan:

Blocking hard (like the hit on Bart Scott) is one thing, but if Strahan is telling the truth then that's something else...

I think it's pretty obvious that Strahan is lying through the gap in his teeth.

Jom112
10-09-2008, 06:06 PM

It's hard to say one way or another. But I just wanted to point out it's not just one "unnamed" coach making these kinds of allegations...

GreggyDigital
10-09-2008, 06:15 PM

It's hard to say one way or another. But I just wanted to point out it's not just one "unnamed" coach making these kinds of allegations...

Ha, I was just taking the time to take a shot at Strahan.

Hines plays to the whistle, for sure. I've never seen him diving at the legs of other players but who am I to question a first ballot HOF.

I really doubt 5k is going to change Hines approach on the game at this point in his career, though.

stlrz d
10-09-2008, 06:55 PM

Guys like the Colt's Marvin Harrison and the Steelers' Hines Ward - the guys who are seen as classy-are two of the worst snipers. They take those kinds of shots often. Players hate them on the field. Don't grin and smile in our faces, then dive at our knees when we weren't looking!

Actually it was a survey of players only. 361 players to be exact. And Hines got a whopping 4% of the votes.

I say an anonymous survey like that is some chicken**** dude's way of "getting even" with someone who kicks his ass all over the field.

AngryAsian
10-09-2008, 07:18 PM

A ProBowler, future hall of famer, doesn't make him reputable or give validity to the "survey." Look at the HOF Michael Irvin... coke smuggler and distributor... I wouldn't trust anything coming out of his mouth.

Jooser
10-09-2008, 07:30 PM
A dirty player? Hhhhmmmm? Just plain nasty he is...yes? HHHHHHmmmm.

To whoever said he is dirty:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1968/yodastfuap0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry for the F bomb, I couldn't resist.....

AngryAsian
10-09-2008, 07:35 PM
A dirty player? Hhhhmmmm? Just plain nasty he is...yes? HHHHHHmmmm.

To whoever said he is dirty:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1968/yodastfuap0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry for the F bomb, I couldn't resist.....

That's just friggen' funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DkBlue
10-09-2008, 07:42 PM

Actually it was a survey of players only. 361 players to be exact. And Hines got a whopping 4% of the votes.

I say an anonymous survey like that is some chicken**** dude's way of "getting even" with someone who kicks his ass all over the field.

Actually, the league is trying to protect the Raven's D as they seem obsessed with avoiding hits by HInes.

stlrz d
10-09-2008, 07:52 PM

Actually, the league is trying to protect the Raven's D as they seem obsessed with avoiding hits by HInes.

Then there's that! :D :D :D :D